Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Velma - for crossing universes contest

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
About time you had your own customs thread! Let the world know that you're not just the comic relief around here and that you actually do amazing custom figures! :)

Also, I'm hoping and praying that I don't look like that mall ninja guy when I do my PMC cosplay...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Onry Wan - bada$$ chicks contest

Here's my one and only entry...I don't have time to finish the other...I have to leave for the day to a party...didn't even have time to take good pics or make this ones head match or detail the gun...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Oh the memories!

That reminds me, I need to bring back the gender bender contest sometime next year. That one was fun!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Yeah, I loved each and every one of these until they won the contests.

Eddie, didn't you do the DG Stormshadow more accurate? Was that in a contest? I am going to need to hunt those pics down because I want to try to replicate it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Excellent customs, Eddie, but that Velma takes the cake. you did an awesome job with her.

This here^^^

I kinda hope to one day own an Eddie custom. I don't think I've ever said that about anyone else' work.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks fellas...I do very much appreciate the kind words :)...though, I'm much happier with some customs than others...
Eddie, awesome job on all of them. Man, how did you make the hood for that v2 Storm Shadow?

Thanks, but i don't deserve the credit for the idea...I used the tutorial Willoughbian posted...the "rigid soft goods" tute...I need more practice with it...http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4285

Eddie, didn't you do the DG Stormshadow more accurate? Was that in a contest? I am going to need to hunt those pics down because I want to try to replicate it.

Nah, he wasn't for a contest...he should be in the regular ole custom section...I'll admit, I wasn't a huge fan of that deco originally...but seeing how cool he can look using ME parts, I became a fan...http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=4679

Excellent customs, Eddie, but that Velma takes the cake. you did an awesome job with her.
This here^^^

I kinda hope to one day own an Eddie custom. I don't think I've ever said that about anyone else' work.
Thanks guys...she's my own personal favorite custom to date...I spent A LOT of time making sure she was as perfect as I could personally make her...I wanted her to be a 100% "playable" and as posable as possible with zero paint rub...though, like KT, I wish she had thicker more womanly legs, but oh well...

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
For the wire I got a roll of crazy thin black wire that holds it's shape and coiled it around sewing needle...then bent it into position...

The slings...made of hockey tape (love that stuff!)...the clasps freely move along the sling and are made of more of the black wire, but a slightly thicker gauge...the extentions to the guns are actually black rubber bands...I wanted them to not hang too low when not in use, but be long enough for Velma to hold them straight out...

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
The more I look, the more I'm digging that Storm Shadow. I'm curious. What did you do to get the corners on the camo pattern so square?

Last edited:

SE 55

Rookie customizer
Aug 16, 2012
Tennessee
Eddie, where did you get the pattern to cut out for the hood on your v2 Storm Shadow? I need one for my zartan and am struggling to come up with a good one piece hood pattern

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The stripes were done with a very thin decal tape I used for a TF custom...it adheres REALLY well!...the downside was that the tape wasn't grey...I knew I wouldn't be able to paint super sharp edges so I went a different route...had I had dry rub decal striping on hand, I woulda used that...

The hood...um, no pattern...I had to make it up as I went along...I had kind of a triangle shape cut with the three ends meeting with a hole in each corner...they would slip over the neck...when I finally got it shaped and positioned where I wanted it and the fabric stiffener had dried, I was able to cut away the material that was no longer required...

SE 55

Rookie customizer
Aug 16, 2012
Tennessee
The hood...um, no pattern...I had to make it up as I went along...I had kind of a triangle shape cut with the three ends meeting with a hole in each corner...they would slip over the neck...when I finally got it shaped and positioned where I wanted it and the fabric stiffener had dried, I was able to cut away the material that was no longer required...

I see...I think lol what type of fabric did you use? I was thinking about just an old plain white t-shirt?

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I think your female customs are the strongest of the bunch, with Velma taking it. Hell, I'll take them all. Should I pm my addy?

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I see...I think lol what type of fabric did you use? I was thinking about just an old plain white t-shirt?

Don't use knit, or anything stretchy, like t-shirts. It won't look as well. High thread count cotton sheets are best. Silk could work too. Anything thin and tightly woven.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Will covered it...I personally used some old boxers...

Basically, if you cut out a piece and put the fabric stiffener on it and it curls by itself, that fabric likely isn't gonna work well...

I think your female customs are the strongest of the bunch, with Velma taking it. Hell, I'll take them all. Should I pm my addy?

Haha...like YOU need any of the crap I put together...but thanks man :D

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
I believe you have through Saturday...

EDIT: never mind, that was last Saturday. You missed it.

damn it...with my luck someone will do a Eddie on the toilet custom and I will miss out...this sucks (we need a pissed off smiley kicking a can down the road)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Bump, because Eddie's work needs to be seen more often.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You should get to work on some new shit, bitch!

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, eh? :D