G.I. Joe Classified Series (1:12)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
"Finally for the Walmart exclusive 6" Retro Cardback wave they revealed they will be doing a total of 8 figures and that will be it. So far they have revealed 6 of them which includes Baroness, Lady Jaye, Destro, Gung-Ho, Storm Shadow and Zartan. After that they have something else planned with Walmart to release."

Eight. Eight. Is that supposed to get people excited to collect retro packaging? And then they're moving on to something else for walmart to release. Yet another WM line that dies the minute it's released (or in this case, before). WTF Mattel?!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, it was a bridge too far And WM probably saw the 4“ retros peg warming and pulled the plug early. I see the 6” going clearance in no time as well. They’re retro style repaints with inferior packaging and fewer accessories at a higher price point. I’m not sure what they thought would happen.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
The only thing the retros have going for them is improved decos.

-Baroness loses all the gold accents and has a really nice matte body with glossy armor.
-Destro adds eyebrows, which make no sense yet look much better, IMO.
-LJ looks to have a better digital face-print (on the same sculpt) and looks less kattan-like.
-Gung-Ho is a million times better if you're into the retro look
-Zartan is in sunbow deco, but hard to say if it's worth a rebuy until I see them side-by-side
-Storm shadow loses the modern gauntlets, has bare hands, and supposedly has a much whiter gi.

I'll be hard pressed not to end up with one of each (sucker), but the line having a hard stop at 8 figures means that I don't have to wonder if I should collect them all MOC too, as that seems like a waste of time.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Besides maybe Baroness, it will probably come down to price for me. None of the others offer me anything I don’t already have a close or preferred version of. But I’m a sucker for a good deal... If I see some one clearance, I might pick a couple up, for extra parts if nothing else, but not for $25 a pop.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I never find jack squat on WM clearance. The minute stuff disappears from the main isle, it's gone. The clearance isle is nothing but random open boxes of hair curlers, tacky plastic home decor, and some pokemon or fortnite thing nobody wanted to begin with. Unless they have a firesale online, I'm paying full price or doing without.

Ironically, I got the BATs and AVs on sale... but everything, even the movie figs they were trying to get rid of, were all still marked at full price. What's the point of having a sale price that no one knows about? That's lose-lose for the retailer, as the bargain hunters don't know about it, and the people willing to pay full price end up with the surprise discount. So economically inefficient!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I‘ve rarely seen figs in the clearance aisle either at WM, but lately that changed. I saw quite a few (granted mostly Eternals) ML figs and all the remaining retro Stalkers and Troopers there fairly recently. I also saw the SE movie and Flint, LJ and CC figs on sale, although, like yours, in their normal spot.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Hmmm, might have to swap that head if I can score one on Mercari or something like that. There is a noticeable improvement there for sure. Plus black is a better color (with a better logo) for the hat...