Head sculpt suggestion thread

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I put the Dreadnoks into 3 packs. The first set is the original 3. The other set is Zanzibar, Monkeywrench, and a Heartwrencher that I'm not sure if I'm completely happy with.

Now I'm working my way up to the Tengu Mask.

The same 5 pack of ninjas from earlier only I altered one to serve as a leader. It's kind of loosely based on the Sideshow alternative sculpts.

This is kind of a first attempt at mimicking a photo I found online of a ninja uniform from a museum.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost so I can make Shaun of the dead customs

And I can use my last prof x figure for the Shaun custom...

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Got my shapeways package today. Bo, Luke, and Ving look damn good. The FUD is waaaaaaay better than the stuff from my previous SW order that was in the white & black material.

That's great to hear. I can't wait to see them painted.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Eddie, the heads are at work, but I'll try to snap a pic in the morning.

GB, it'll probably be a while on the painting. I'm currently in the "planning and hoarding parts" phase of about a thousand customs. I'm building my own house, and it's slow. I've been at it for a year and a half. Maybe in another six months I'll be moved in and all my stuff will come out of storage, and I'll have a good space to work. 'Till then, I continue to plan and gather...

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Eddie, the heads are at work, but I'll try to snap a pic in the morning.

GB, it'll probably be a while on the painting. I'm currently in the "planning and hoarding parts" phase of about a thousand customs. I'm building my own house, and it's slow. I've been at it for a year and a half. Maybe in another six months I'll be moved in and all my stuff will come out of storage, and I'll have a good space to work. 'Till then, I continue to plan and gather...

That's okay. When I get my next shipment, I was going to do a little tutorial on prepping this stuff for paint anyways. Have fun with that house. I always wanted to do that. It was something my dad and I always talked about.

Anyways, I finally got my SS Officer's hat made. I have 2 customs I have to do for a friend's graphic novel that use this hat. Plus it gave me an opportunity to make the Zombie Nazi SS Officer from Dead Snow.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
the cap is a separate model that can be fused to any of my head designs. I don't have it as a separate piece that can be removeable because that gets tricky. It's really hard to get a removeable hat to look good. Though I think my Odd Job was the exception.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I'd love nothing more than for you post a quick pic nacho

It might be better to see them with a coat of primer on them. I have a hard time seeing the details in the frosted white color, but I used a magnifying glass and there details are there in the sculpt, just hard to distinguish.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
That's okay. When I get my next shipment, I was going to do a little tutorial on prepping this stuff for paint anyways. Have fun with that house. I always wanted to do that. It was something my dad and I always talked about.

Anyways, I finally got my SS Officer's hat made. I have 2 customs I have to do for a friend's graphic novel that use this hat. Plus it gave me an opportunity to make the Zombie Nazi SS Officer from Dead Snow.

ah shit! That is so awesome! I thought the noks you did were the cream of the crop, but this zombie, wow, I'm speechless!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Heh, I didn't read your post and new EXACTLY who that was.

My CC still needs a good and proper peak cap.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Heh, I didn't read your post and new EXACTLY who that was.

My CC still needs a good and proper peak cap.

What would be your definition of proper in the context of what's currently available? I made mine because I couldn't get the nazi from the Indy line.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
21st did a great Luftwaffe crusher, but it's a little too informal. The one you've got there is nice and upright. I imagine Vogel's would work, but like you i've never gotten my hands on one.

Sure, they did all those in the OG set, but they're just not "right".

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
roundel and wreath cockades, for general usage, maybe a Cobra sigil.

I'd be fine with just the totenkopf that's on there now.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Cobra sigil and a totenkopf? You're gonna make all of those tankers who believe Baron Ironblood is CC jizz all over their computers.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Here's the start of some random cops I'm making. If I can do this will some semblance of efficiency, I'll have several of a couple different styles.

And here's some sample alpha brushes for you to design you CC peak hat.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I knew as soon as I got a shipping notification, that this batch was going to have flaws from rushing the order as it seems like I just ordered this.

After painting, it looks a little better.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
It's certainly not bad, but it is still a hint rough

To be honest, your eyes can't focus on it at that distance. Outside of a small ridge down the center of the nose to the upper lip, giving him Jaquin Phoenix syndrome, I think it looks pretty good. Other heads I've gotten recently were better and like I said, I knew this one was jacked. I ordered this a day after talking to Fogger about printing a Chuckles. I have another small order that was ordered 2 days before and they're still working on those. For this material, the work time is about 10 days, so 4 days means the lazy ass ran the machine too fast.

Another Stormwatch character, Tefibi, the team's tech geek.

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I want to make 4 two packs.

Jukko and Flint
Santini and Tefibi
Coleman and Jauger
Golovin and Pickney

I might make Singh just for a turban head sculpt.

Sweet. I would buy all of those (except maybe Golovin and Pickney - they were my least favorite characters).

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
R. Lee Ermy as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman?

Because we all want Sgt. Slaughter to choke himself. :D