Head sculpt suggestion thread

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Ah, now I get it. Damn yankees. One must originate from south of the Mason Dixon to properly yell as one jumps a creek in an 18ft three-ton orange land ark. :)

Awesome.

Can't wait to see the Duke boys. Glad I held off on the order...better to have one order once he's done that multiple shipments.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I think I'm still having issues with my heads coming out too small. I've spent the last couple of days going through my dad's machinist tools looking for a caliper. I found one but is written in a long forgotten skilled trade language, so it's going to take a few days to interpret.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Thought of a couple more than I'd use (and I bet others would as well):

• Short-haired Liam Neeson (Taken)
  • Sean Patrick Flanery (Connor MacManus)
  • Norman Reedus (Murphy McManus or Daryl Dixon)

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Definitely the MacManus brothers.

How's the size issues coming along Gig? Is that size issue in the Nathan Drake head or is it good to go?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Definitely the MacManus brothers.

How's the size issues coming along Gig? Is that size issue in the Nathan Drake head or is it good to go?

No, it's not. Hopefully if I'm feeling better later on, I can get to it.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Finally got a chance to work on this stuff but first I went back and finished sizing and uploading heads I had done before I started this thread.

The punkish one with the monocle is a Mindbender update I thought of while working on some customs for a friend's graphic novel. His graphic novel has to do with escaped Nazi war criminals and some the design was influenced by that.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I've also have been waiting on Daremo to post painted versions of Sho Kosugi, my ninja sculpts, and psylocke. The preview of them that he sent me was awesome.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Bo was just strange. It's like he had very little in the way of identifiable traits.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I cheated and tried to look at Bo in the later years because there just isn't any good photos from back then. His face was more rounded but both had Brock Samsonesque jaws.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Is it possible to get fine details such as 1:18th facial features to show up in SW?...is it possible to have a smooth finish?...I've ordered polished stuff from SW and it looks great, BUT it slightly erodes detail in sculpts...maybe it depends on material?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
So when you post these up, what material is best for heads? I don't want to fall into that trap again...

I don't let anyone select anything other than FUD. It has the highest resolution.

Here's a detail comparison shot. This is the Paul Newman printed way too small. After a couple coats of primer, you can see the facial details. I imagine the details are better with a correct scaling.

Last edited: