melvin

Enlisted
May 15, 2011
How do you think of the package guys?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Very Japanese (as in that's how they like to package things).

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Until Hasbro is doing them they're gonna have to be expensive by necessity.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I pick and choose my price battles. I couldn't pass up Xenomorphs of this quality. The only other options out there are the Hot Toys snap kits, or Microman ones from years gone by, the ReAction retro one, or the static capsuleQ one.

1:18 Xenomorphs

As for other lines that are running $20+, those haven't really been of interest to me yet. Although the ARW stuff and some of the Toy Notch stuff does look tempting.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I'm waiting to see someone with these in-hand first. I agree they are pricey, but if they look good in person standing next to a Joe figure or similar, then I might get one or two to fill my xeno ranks.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Just looked at the pictures linked to the first review in that Chinese blog. So these come with a head dome?

Now that I've seen some pictures of it in "action", I'm tempted.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Any Alien experts out there
would the NECA Alien Queen be about the right size to go with these figures?
The terrifying Xenomorph Queen is based on her appearance in the 1986 Aliens film.
She stands over 15" tall and is over 30" long, with over 30 points of articulation, including a spectacular poseable tail.
Marine is 7"

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Could. I've seen info saying Xenomorph queens average anywhere from 14'-20' tall, so she's a bit on the tall side, but that could be chalked up to a particularly long-lived specimen.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I think that queen is a little too big. Ripley in the mech was just a little shorter than the queen mouth. The mech isn't that much taller than Ripley. Maybe 2 feet. So guessing the queen in Aliens was only 9-10 feet tall to the mouth. 10-15 to the back of the head. Just my guesses.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Negative, it would be way to big.

If you want something closer to scale, I'd recommend the queen that came with the old Kenner Aliens playset or the McFarlane AvP queen from the mini diorama.

There's also the AvP queen from the old Hot Toys snap kit line, but it's really expensive and hard to find.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Would never guessed that tall by looking at movie pics.

The Aliens and Alien versus Predator queens aren't even the same height.

This one is a case of the canon doesn't even know what the fuck is the deal, so use what works. DSB obviously finds it too large. You might not.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Yeah, It looks like no one really knows or cares. The Queen can range from 14' (double the size of a soldier. Probably the Queen from Aliens) with an average of 20' to the ridiculous Queen Mother at 100'.

So this NECA version at 1:18 would be a little over 22' tall. I don't have a Queen yet but this one could work. She'll probably have better articulation that the McFarlane ones though. The AVP2 Queen is listed at 7" so she would be kind of small at 10.5' in 1:18.

I also noticed they had a Movie Maniacs one too they released before the AVP 2 Queen.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, It looks like no one really knows or cares.

I know and care! I have all the aforementioned queens, except, obviously, the NECA queen, and the ones I mentioned will work at 1:18th scale. Now, they all pretty much lack articulation except the snap kit queen.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I know and care! I have all the aforementioned queens, except, obviously, the NECA queen, and the ones I mentioned will work at 1:18th scale. Now, they all pretty much lack articulation except the snap kit queen.

Sorry, I meant the Wiki sites I was reading and the people writing new stories about them. I would think a range of 14' tall to 100' feet tall with an average of 20' is a little odd.

Anyway, You have the Revoltech one? Looking at the pictures that is the one I like the look of the most.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
I bought a couple of the Aliens and while they look great in the box once they come out they problems begin. The first one came out and his joints were all completely seized in the sockets. One arm snapped off immediately due to the inferior plastic. I took my time with the rest of the moving parts and heated them with a hairdryer before attempting to move them and I'm glad I did because they were all the stuck. Before it was all done I had to replace 2 of the joints with parts I had in my fodder bins. I haven't opened the second one yet due to the fear of it being as cheaply made. They look great , but the low quality plastic used in the tiny joints it a deal breaker for me. This is the same reason I don't buy Macfarlane figures.