Hiya Aliens Line

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Predatees?

And if that's a sentry gun behind those female Marines...and if it's cheaper than $50 I'm going to be really pissed.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Just placed my order for the HIYA Toys APC from DCBS for a total of $220. Probably saved myself $20+ ordering through them on their preorder.

Last edited:

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
Just placed my order for the HIYA Toys APC from DCBS for a total of $220. Probably saved myself $20+ ordering through them on their preorder.

I ordered one as well, couldn't pass this up, I hope it's not fragile like some of their stuff is, ordered all the figures too, just cause I can I guess, it's not like there's Joes available to spend money on, can't wait to fill it up, it says it comes with one figure, wondering if it's unique or just one already available ?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I don't know if they have said what the figure is.

Regardless, a few days ago on HIYA's FB page they stated they only had 30% of the pre-orders needed to go ahead with this. I was pretty disappointed to hear this but if it falls through, there is another option for an APC, it just won't have all the bells and whistles.

If it comes to that, I hope I can cancel my pre-order without trouble.

illestr8r

Enlisted
Aug 25, 2016
I just ordered the loader for 42.99 which seemed like a pretty good price. Hoping it's not too fragile...

Trooper31

The Unwashed
Sep 16, 2016
What's the best way to change the hands on the aliens? I just tried on the Boiler and the hands don't want to come out. I'm afraid to break the stub.

Also, Hicks and Hudson (I haven't oepened Quintero yet) have really loose shoulder and thigh joints. The legs and arms on Hicks come off very easily. Any suggestions about how to deal with that outside of just being careful?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Changing the hands, run them under hot water for a minute or so, they should pop out easily.

As for making the joints tighter, try squirting a little elmers school glue into the joint. Work the joint every few minutes to get the glue into the joint. You can also use super glue instead of Elmers school glue, but you have to be careful NOT to solidify the joint. If it's a ball joint, pop off the part and add a very small dab of super glue around the ball part. Wait for it to dry and put the limb back on. If it's still too loose, repeat this step until you have the right amount of tension in the part.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I just ordered the loader for 42.99 which seemed like a pretty good price. Hoping it's not too fragile...

It's not any more or less fragile than most other 1:18th vehicles. It does have lots of small moving parts, so there is always a possibility of breakage if you get to carried away with posing.

I have the PL myself, I think $42 is a decent price.

Flint

You have just been Sarged
Feb 20, 2012
South Central Wisconsin
New Marines up at BBTS. Kind of surprised that no one has mentioned these yet. And $19.99 instead of $24.99.
Bella Clarison

Jennifer Redding

Jeremy Cruz

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Just picked up two xenomorph's and one Colonial Marine. Man I wish they's run with the ALIENS and make a complete line. APC, Powerloader, various Marines and civies, playsets....man that would be heaven.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
And HIYA has pushed back the release of the APC...AGAIN.

At what point do I write them off and cancel my pre-order??

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
from facebook
Hiya toys
Yesterday at 6:42am ·
Due to the pre-order quantity not reaching our target MOQ, we are very much regretted to postpone APC available time.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the preditors are still on their way

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Well fuck. Now I have to go and find the place I pre-ordered with and cancel.

And THEN I have to go find that guy who was making a 1:20 APC and see if he still makes them and if he does, hope he doesn't rip me off. I guess I should be happy they didn't keep dragging it out indefinitely.

Fuck Alan Greenspan!

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I canceled my pre-order, I'm tired of them constantly pushing it back...and NOW....NOW it doesn't even sound like they canceled it, they are just waiting for more pre-orders. What the hell do you call that? A pre-order delay?

Anyway, I'm done. IF they release it later, maybe I'll buy.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Well now I am doubly screwed.

There was a company that I knew of that was making a 1:20th scale Aliens APC. I canceled my HIYA APC order a month ago and hoped this other version would still be available. I contacted the kit maker and he got back to me this morning...no dice! He stopped making the 1/20 version a few years ago!

So, my choices are A)Hope HIYA gets their ass in gear and actually MAKE their version

B) ....and I really REALLY don't want to do this...make my own.

C) Buy the HCG version...which is crazy expensive...and probably isn't easy to find now that it's been a few years since it was released...which also probably makes it even MORE expensive.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I kind of skipped through the vid, but is it supposed to be 1:18th scale or is it a coincidence? He's a prefect height compared to Luke, unless Luke is a really short figure.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
All SW figures are short compared to practically everything else. These are supposed to be 1:18, and using 7' as a starting point, these should be over 4.5" tall. It looks like it would tower over even Hercules.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I'll be picking a few of these up...if HIYA ever gets their shit together and actually starts PRODUCING them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They've obviously produced them, it's just a matter of when will retailers get them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was cruising the Chan, and someone has posted that Hiya is getting some trouble with the Predator license from The Mouse. Apparently NECA is having issues as well, but I can't find any corroboration. I knew the Fox buyout was an ill omen.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, he's one of the predators that Murtaugh is confronted by on the ship.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
They keep showing some of the Predator figures with in-scale trophy skulls, sI hope they are actually doing this.

K...looking into ordering some now.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I dunno, is there anything I can add that hasn't already been said in a youtube review?