Hocky Tape & Lego Sail Loadouts

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Not the same. The Lego material is rough, and kind of rigid.

Not something you'd want as bedsheets.

scruffyronin

Fighting to save the day
Dec 31, 2012
Quezon City
scruffyronin.deviantart.com
Nice! We use the same technique. Except, I use varying plies of masking tape because you know, I'm piss-poor and beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks for posting this. I'll make sure to point people your way when I get asked how I made my vests.

Here's some of what I made in the past:

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Adding these pics to this thread, since related. Still a WIP.
Using hockey tape and bracelet material found at walmart. Used the closure from a gi joe vest to make it easier to remove. For the pouches, used a piece of sand paper I wrinkled up, but hockey tape probably better. Not sure how to make that hockey tape seem so solid, more layers?

Nice! I'm going to graduate to adding rings

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice! We use the same technique. Except, I use varying plies of masking tape because you know, I'm piss-poor and beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks for posting this. I'll make sure to point people your way when I get asked how I made my vests.

Here's some of what I made in the past:

I hear you, thanks man

sgt goat

Enlisted
Mar 25, 2014
excellent tutorial ! many thanks .. will deffo be trying this at some point ! i loe the idea of ading d rings etc ..
i may need smaller hands

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
Hey Rick, Just tried this out, results are a bit ropey at the moment.. mainly cause I am pretty shit at fiddly stuff like this! let me know what you think and if you got any tips?