Joe Con 2012 ?

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
So anyone have an idea were the next con will be? I had a blast in Florida but this time I hope it is more central as the past two have been on the East Coast.

Last edited:

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
i live in San Diego county and actually would not want it in California. i guess becuase i go with my wife and we like to get away.

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
I've heard for years that vendors won't go for a west coast con. I think they lost more than gained the last time. I remember them being pretty pissed off the last time it was there, who knows. I hope it's more centralized, but i'm biased, either way, i will be there by auto no matter where it is.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They should hold it in whatever Rhode Island town H is based in, seeing as it's the 30th for the 1:18 Joes, or maybe in '14, when the property celebrates it's 50th.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
my personal choice is Denver. It is central and a major Airport that is very easy to get in and out of and there is lots to do in Denver.

2nd choice would be New Orleans. It is a bit to far East for me but it is a great place to stay and do stuff at.

3rd would have to be Seattle. Very nice if they had it in the Emerald city tons to do and living on the West coast it is only a 2 hour flight from San Diego.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
last year on 8/10/2011 is when they announced that Florida was the 2011 Joe Con. I am thinking in the next month they should announce something. I really hope so...

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
Read somewhere that Joe Con could be last week if June. Would they really have it two weeks before SDCC 2012? Next year SDCC is July 11th thru the 15th.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
from what I am hearing the Club wants to keep the Con close to the Dallas Fort Worth area. I hope it is not in Dallas again but San Antonio is nice. How far is New Orleans from Dallas that would also be nice.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
maybe it's just me but doesn't anyone else think the location should have been given to people by know. Last convention was over 6 months ago and here we are towards the end of September.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
They usually announce it in late Oct or Nov. So there's still time on their watch.

last year it was announced August 10th. Maybe in the past it has been October or November but I figured sense the 2011 was in early 2011 March 30th thru April 3rd we would have heard something by know.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
maybe it's just me but doesn't anyone else think the location should have been given to people by know. Last convention was over 6 months ago and here we are towards the end of September.

Sometimes they drag their feet. Look how they are dealing with the sub service. They may still be trying to find a spot for it.