Joe Con 2014

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
Now that the exclusives are announced, the only other thing I'm looking forward to hearing about is the FSS3 line up. Sounds like it will be announced during the Club's panel at 3pm tomorrow.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I'll PM you this weekend about sending it your way. Need any of the others? MW and I split both series, and I have most of mine still.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
SWG, if you need GI Joe stuff, you can hit me up as well. Between Fogger and myself, I'm guessing we could supply just about any Joe part.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Well I'll be honest, I don't know what's out there or what would be good to cast. I don't usually buy EVERYTHING when it comes to GI Joe. It's just that when Topside's name came up, it reminded me that several people on eBay contacted me looking for him. Other than that, what's hot? lol

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Why is an airborne-qualified infantryman wearing a pressurized flight suit? Why won't Hasbro do a regular flight suit?

Why ask why?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was thinking more of a rotary wing one, but they definitely need to do a regular jet jockey one.

One to go with that awesome Lifeline head sculpt. ;)

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Pic o dis head?

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
Not sure what's in demand, SWG. Night Viper helmets, maybe? I grabbed 4 off TofuJesse to outfit my Jungle Vipers as alt helmets. Even though they're popping up at TRU and 5Below, many people are still looking.

Maybe the Ozone and Clean Sweep heads will be in demand since they are new sculpts.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
Well, the parachute drop just happened.. lets see how fast they get added to ebay, lol.

And for some reason my work computer decided today to fuck with me about eBay. Gonna have to wait until I get home to check into a NF Crazy Legs.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
The 2013 Cobra Stealth Trooper sold in the January for $50. I think I saw one prior to that go for around $75. I'm guessing Crazy Legs won't go that low. My limit is $100 and I think he'll easily be higher than that.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
The only thing that would suck is if you got one with a stock photo in the auction and then it shows up a loose one with no accessories like some are showing up on ebay now.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Those links...makes me realize something I already know...Joe fan scalpers are serious a$$holes, and Joe collectors who buy from the Joe fan scalpers are morons...

Jeeze, what an idiotic, douchey community...

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
And other collecting communities aren't? If Star Wars had these types of exclusives, you'd see the same level of scalping.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sanctioned, yes, but they do not make these figures, only provide access to the molds.

SDCC exclusives, however, generally do turn up the week after the con, and we do delight in the wailing and gnashing of teeth that follows. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks alright. Dunno what's up with that pre-curse Medusa, but whatever.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I really like Greek/Roman mythology, but I don't know that I need a lot of figures of that era of human myth/history. I can't imagine a huge number of people waning to make peloponnesian war dios... but maybe I'm wrong.

However, I do think they're going to produce some neat parts that I can use for a series of MOTU customs I've been planning for a while. So I'm excited about these nonetheless.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
MU Namor-based Spartans would be more accurate. These are for those 300-loving closet cases.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I like the Medusa, but the pre-cursed version confuses me as well. Why does she have snakes for hair and green skin before she was "cursed"? She was beautiful before her curse, that's why she was turned ugly. I seriously doubt that Poseidon would have hit that if she had those snakes for hair from day one.