:thumbsup: Hit & Run
:thumbsup: Muskrat
:thumbsup: Big Ben
:thumbsup: Spearhead
:thumbsup: Slice
Crimson Guard Immortal
Night Creeper Leader
Vypra

I'll take anyone's CG Immortal that they don't want! ;)

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I DEMAND they include a fixed Iceberg head along with arctic Mindbender! :D

Do what He man does and put an alternate head in the package. Heck, even a Big Ben head cast in brown would work better than the chocolate marshmallow they gave the one last year.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
I think the Club is smarter than people give them credit for. They planned this FSS3 to include more sought after updates so they can deliver a crap membership figure that no one asked for. Demand for FSS3 will be high and they won't need the Club figure to drive membership.

Of course Arctic Mindbender has people buying into a Cobra-La set for next year's Con.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Myrmidon Warrior's shield is pretty damn cool.

I also realized what I wish Boss Fight was doing: Roman Gladiators.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
They need to release that female figure in normal flesh tone. I don't have use for green or red women for fodder.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Those Boss Fight figures look great. I just hope they don't go SKOmega after one or two figures, or that they have a price tag of $20 each.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Those will be 20 bucks a pop. SKOmega didn't get past the art stage as far as anyone knows. Boss Fight is already ahead of the game on that score.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I love how the FSS3.0 is actually decent characters, even if they're repaints. They are some of the most HIGHLY requested ARAH figures and folks over at HT are asking for the international trash and sub-group bullshit.

News flash: they're fucking repaints! Of characters that NOBODY WANTS repaints of. For the love of Christ, I hate the Joe fandom sometimes.

"Man, I cannot wait for the Club to finally produce La Tête de Merde, the French Foreign-legion, lime-green repaint of Snake Eyes with an oversized pet turtle!" OH GOD, CLUB, WHY AREN'T YOU MAKING THESE INTERNATIONAL GEMS!!!?!?

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
"Man, I cannot wait for the Club to finally produce La Tête de Merde, the French Foreign-legion, lime-green repaint of Snake Eyes with an oversized pet turtle!" OH GOD, CLUB, WHY AREN'T YOU MAKING THESE INTERNATIONAL GEMS!!!?!?

Well a figure like that does sound hysterical, I'd buy one for shits and giggles (I'm also not a very serious person when it comes to toys and action figures).

They need to release that female figure in normal flesh tone. I don't have use for green or red women for fodder.

They do have these 2 which look to be different shades of regular human skin colour.

I'm super excited for these H.A.C.K.S figures. Now to put aside money for the kick starter.

Attachments

• 017-Boss-Fight-vitruyian-hacks-wave_1397515727.jpg
    017-Boss-Fight-vitruyian-hacks-wave_1397515727.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 014-Boss-Fight-vitruyian-hacks-wave_1397515727.jpg
    014-Boss-Fight-vitruyian-hacks-wave_1397515727.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 9

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Those will be 20 bucks a pop. SKOmega didn't get past the art stage as far as anyone knows. Boss Fight is already ahead of the game on that score.

$20 for a "third party" figure is about the norm. No getting around that.

*sigh* :(

Guess I shouldn't be too up tight about that, I think that's what I paid for the Hot Toys Aliens snap kit figures....I guess it comes down to how much I like the subject.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
....I guess it comes down to how much I like the subject.

That's the main factor for me. I don't care for the Acid Rain figures but I'll buy the Marauder figures. They'll probably end up being the same price per figure. It's all about what appeals to me as a collector. That's why I won't ever shit on anyone for which line they support of how much they're willing to pay.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I am fine with GI JOE going the way of ARAH-fag collector nonsense. It means I can fully wash my hands of it and move forward.

I like the ideas that Bossfight, Marauder, etc are bringing to the 'modern action figure' table. Add in what Obi does, Digler, etc and I think the future is bright, without having to rely on Hasbro.

Hell, the 'collector club' prices (and resulting eBay prices) are high enough to price most people out of the market and/or get them looking at other lines.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I consider myself an ARAH-fag, and I have no use for what the club puts out. Just because it has something resembling an ARAH deco doesn't make it good. It takes more than weak attempts at ARAH pandering to stir the nostalgia... or at least stir it enough to get me to drop crazy $$$ on stuff.

They have crossed the point where club pricing and my give-a-damn no longer overlap. Here's a venn diagram: OO

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Meh, they can do a great job when the stars align. But then again, boy can they sure fuck something up.

All I know is, they saved their fucking asses with FSS3. They about needed to have a solid selection after the FSS2 bullshit. In all honesty, FSS2 was a probably slightly-better selection of figures overall, but not much improvement over FSS1. Sure, there's no single figure as big-of-a-draw/awesome as Cover-Girl, Big Boa, or Keel-Haul, but the overall average is much better.

Quite a few HTers have been speculating on what #13 could be. According to someone (I can't remember who or the source) Boss Fight made a statement that they worked on the 13th figure, which is leaps and bounds better than the last 2 mystery figures. And while we're probably a whole year away, some of the more interesting/plausible ones to me are:

• #13 was switched with the membership figure, which is why we are getting an oddball like Mindbender in Arctic garb (and my personal dream, which isn't likely to be true, is that it's Frostbite)

• #13 is one of the missing Night Force guys

• #13 is a lady and/or Cobra

• #13 is the concept-case Grunt

Plus a ton of other ones that are absurd, like hoping it's Cobra-La or anything else completely nutty that there's no chance in hell of them making and doing well.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I love the vintage ARAH stuff, I liked the 25th line. especially being $4.99 a fig.

But going the collector route, making barely anything worthwhile and thinking they are doing US a favor is just fucked up.

This is why I went the LEGO path. Always something worth getting, not hard to find stuff that is out and it's fun. While not cheap, it's still affordable and worth it.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
This is why I went the LEGO path. Always something worth getting, not hard to find stuff that is out and it's fun. While not cheap, it's still affordable and worth it.

Almost the exact same reason I've started getting into the Warhammer stuff more lately. With very few exceptions, I can order anything I want online or go to the local gaming store and pick it up. No running to every store in a 50 mile radius to find a $10 figure that no one has.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I consider myself an ARAH-fag, and I have no use for what the club puts out. Just because it has something resembling an ARAH deco doesn't make it good. It takes more than weak attempts at ARAH pandering to stir the nostalgia... or at least stir it enough to get me to drop crazy $$$ on stuff.

They have crossed the point where club pricing and my give-a-damn no longer overlap. Here's a venn diagram: OO

Reinstall the like button for this!!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I got a bagged set for a decent enough price, but haven't bothered to open it or inspect them closely till tonight. I did look over the figures the night I got them in, to make sure all hands and feet, plus faces looked okay.

I didn't realize that there were 4 pieces missing until now. Sigh. Now I have to pester the guy who bought them to contact the Club, and see if I ever get 'em. (I'm going to toss in some $ for his extra hassle, but damn… Fucking Club.)