Joe Con 2014

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Ugh, the 2015 membership figure is fucking Arctic Dr. Mindbender? What the goddamn hell, Club? You knock FSS3 out of the park then pick a total fucking lame 2015 membership figure. Sigh. At least he has a new head, so it's not a total loss.

And at least they have an add-on vehicle next year with a new Cobra trooper, "Sub-Viper". At least that's a little better.

The fuck, couldn't they just do a Frostbite and be done with Sunbow? Arctic Mindbender? Jesus Christ.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wow, they should have done Arctic Destro instead:

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
AUGH!!!! well I guess I will go all in again
Alpine is the only one I don't want which makes this better than previous sets
I had planned on repainting Ret Jinx
I totally called those vault figures NCL is one
Laser Viper is still missing

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm not too excited for Mindbender but the new head might be cool. I like that they added a driver to the vehicle next year.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
They said it will be a more desired figure this time due to negative feedback on GS.

Hahaha. Pretty much. I'm happy I didn't waste my time on the NF set.

God, that Grand Slam was just the cherry turd on top of the diarrhea sundae that was FSS2. Shitty packaging/damaged shipping issues, lackluster final figures, and then that? Fuck, I was totally ready to say fuck it this round.

There were 2 things that could've kept me on board with another FSS, and that was a full set of NF Con figures in regular deco, or Frostbite plus a few others. Damn if they didn't nail it with doing all the NF figures in regular deco in one FSS. A bunch of HTers are bitching that they didn't pace it out, but I'm glad they got it over with in one "wave". Much better than dragging it out, and most of those are figures folks have wanted for years now. If folks don't want them, then they can skip an entire FSS and not have to worry about them taking up so many slots in future waves. It's the best option if I were to pick the way to go, versus the way I expected the Club to drag it out for years. So that makes me REALLY happy.

Me personally, I liked over half of the NF set, so it was still worth getting. I do not want Psyche-Out at all in those hideous neon green colors, so that one I'm luke warm over getting in non-NF colors, but the NF version looks great. I'd say Psyche-Out was one of the gems of the NF set. Even Repeater is a tough call for me, since I love the NF deco. (Even though I'll be really happy to get the regular deco, finally.) Of course, I also liked the Frag Viper and S.A.W.-Vipers (although they're more like heavy-S.A.W.s to me, but whatever) so that made the 2013 set well worth getting.

Sadly, though, I don't honestly think that they'll have Frostbite as the 13th figure, but it baffles me why the fuck they didn't just do Frostbite as next year's figure and do the Snow Cat in proper, unmarbled Snow Cat colors to go with him.

That 2015 Mindbender is out of left fucking field, given how many characters they could've done still. And yet another goddamned unnecessary arctic version of a figure nobody was asking for, when there are plenty of arctic figures left to go. I bet if you polled the fandom, they'd much prefer Mindbender as just a fixed/updated, carded version of his "DOCI" figure, which was only halfway decent, instead of some shitty arctic version. The saving grace is that Boss Fight will make a killer new head sculpt.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Excellent sum-up from Justin, and surprisingly not as overhyped like he sometimes tends to do:

G.I. Joe Collectors Club reveals FSS 3.0 selections! | Generals Joes – A blog about the importance (or unimportance) of little plastic men

I am hoping that the non-NF version of most of those guys turn out to have new webgear sculpted for them too, since they mentioned new parts, as well as the Crimson Guard Immortal. the CGI was one of my favorites as a kid, since I never got a chance to get any original CGs, so I'm hoping they have their iconic chest plates.

A new vest for at least Repeater and Spearhead would be great. The parts they used for Muskrat worked suprisingly well, so a straight repaint in classic colors would be awesome there, and H&R based off the Concept Case version would totally kick ass.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
With so many repaints do you think the Club will tool a new body for Bombstrike?

I wouldn't count on it. I'd expect to see the Lady Jaye, Jinx or Renegades Scarlett torso get reused.

The Jinx torso, with the right webgear, could semi-pull off a t-shirt look better than those other 2. And we're already getting a Jinx repaint in this one, so it's a possibility…

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Jinx could work as a shirt, though she lacks the 25th LJ's tig ol' bitties.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Yeah, based on the panel pictures it looks like just a new head for Bombstrike. I'm guessing Resolute Scarlett for the body.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
If Colton goes up on the Club store for under $40, grab me one unless your BFF claims it first. Even though he doesn't buy Joes :lmao:

:lmao: It's a cool nod figure, but I don't have any interest in owning one

... Eddie's gonna beat his meat over Muskrat...

How cool would be if that's where that awesome G-H flak vest shows up?!...then it can finally make it into some castOr stores in mutable colors...

The fuck, couldn't they just do a Frostbite and be done with Sunbow? Arctic Mindbender? Jesus Christ.

Yeah, that's pretty sh!tty...I wonder why they are avoiding him?...tons of parts to make him a reality...a new shoulder fur piece and a new head would be about all that's necessary for new pieces...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
How cool would be if that's where that awesome G-H flak vest shows up?!...then it can finally make it into some castOr stores in mutable colors...

Yeah, that's pretty sh!tty...I wonder why they are avoiding him?...tons of parts to make him a reality...a new shoulder fur piece and a new head would be about all that's necessary for new pieces...

Frostbite and a redone Iceberg would make me very happy. Hell, if they'd use that Gung-Ho tooling (vest on Muskrat! body/arms for an updated Mindbender?!) that would have REALLY rocked my nerd-world.

Instead, we get yet another winter version of a character nobody was really dying to have an arctic version of. For once, they knock the FSS out of the ballpark with a 90% selection of awesome characters, and then shit the bed on the 2015 figure.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm guessing in the history of Joe, not one, single, person, has ever asked for arctic MB...NOT ONE!

Just an oppertunity to stretch out the desireds for a few more years...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm guessing in the history of Joe, not one, single, person, has ever asked for arctic MB...NOT ONE!

Just an oppertunity to stretch out the desireds for a few more years...

The FSS is for that sorta shit. Hell, if Arctic Mindbender had been the 13th figure in FSS2, I would've thought that kind of awesome. He's not a must-have, but with a new headsculpt, it's desirable and the carded factor makes him a novelty item.

The yearly membership figure should be something more desired. And they're essentially redoing a character now! If they wanted to redo someone, and a Cobra to make things different, then redo Monkeywrench. Or Mindbender, in his regular getup, with newer parts. Or shit, Scrap-Iron, Major Bludd, anyone really. NO MORE ARCTIC ONE-OFFS, CLUB OR HASBRO. NONE. There are a good half dozen or more awesome arctic troopers they need to make first before pulling that shit again.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I hope Vypra isn't a straight Jinx repaint. According to her card, she's actually not a ninja. Ren scarlet with helix arms could be a nice redesign.

I hope they stick to the concept H&R and not use that Lifeline torso like with the con version.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
When they released a stinger repaint back in early 2000's, it came with a Jinx repaint, named Vypra.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I have that TRU exclusive. :p

we already saw the CGI

That Wave Crusher & Sub Viper are really weak! We had the exact same thing in 2001. I don't know anyone wanting another or an upgrade of that.

Lots of people who bought NF wanted them in their original colors. There are only a few vocal people in opposition. I mean who couldn't have seen this coming?
Alpine v2 is just crap though! Charbroil is missing. Could have had him or Crosshairs or Dart or some other NEW character.

FROSTBITE 13th FIGURE!!! if it is Charbroil then wow still underwhelming

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
:thumbsup: Alpine v2
:thumbsup: Bombstrike
:thumbsup: Psyche-Out
:thumbsup: Repeater
:thumbsup: Hit & Run
:thumbsup: Muskrat
:thumbsup: Big Ben
:thumbsup: Spearhead
:thumbsup: Slice
Crimson Guard Immortal
Night Creeper Leader
Vypra

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I agree, he is...I'm just being uncharacteristically optimistic that he'll be somewhat as good as Mswi's ...

Though, honestly, this is the Club...they are all up in the air really...they could easily sh!t the bed on half/all of them...*COUGH*Iceberg*COUGH*

garrison99

Star Wars Freak
Founder
Jul 23, 2011
A Galaxy Far Far Away
I am stoked for all of them cause I want to relive my childhood as a 38 going on 39 year old man, but at least my son is going to have a bad ass toy collection in a few years. On a side note who the hell keeps a figure MISB....play with your plastic. It wants to be touched!!!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I agree, he is...I'm just being uncharacteristically optimistic that he'll be somewhat as good as Mswi's ...

Though, honestly, this is the Club...they are all up in the air really...they could easily sh!t the bed on half/all of them...*COUGH*Iceberg*COUGH*

That is so true.

I think they'll botch Bombstrike.