JoyToy 1:18 |OT| Basically what we've always wanted

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
Got my USMC recently and obviously had to chop and change some stuff (Shady Style) and came out with these little bugger - pretty good if you ask me. They need to change the Pistols / holsters that came with it though - I switched them all out for older Joy Toy holsters!

Reactions: NSA and pcsguy88

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
bigbadtoystore has the 5. Pack for 80 bucks. So far they have 3 different sets. I am def picking these up. Shadow warrior it's wonderful to see you back posting. Love what you have done with the figures. The air force ops set looks great for hunting hiya predators... the hips kind of piss me off on these. Does the ultimate duke figure fit with the squad?? Can anybody post a pic for reference if it's not too much trouble?? They come with a bunch of hands as well I saw slaymaker post this when he got them. Very cool

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Shipping seems to kill the deal there for me.

I just snagged a 2nd set - 551 HKD shipped - $70.23 for 5 figures and extra hands, joints and weapons...shipped.

BBTS is $79.99 before shipping...

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
is no one around here actually buying 1:18 scale stuff? JoyToy has been cranking out figures - yeah I had to mod them to rid diaper crotch - but otherwise pretty sweet...looks like the truck is in production

Reactions: Mistermarks101

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Nope, we all got old during the 5yr drought and do not want to start back up at $15-$25 a fig. I will probably buy a set of Marines and a 1:16 MRAP kit this winter, but that I’m not sure anything beyond a $300 1:18 A-10 could pry money from my wallet these days. Too little too late.

Our FB group certainly has a bunch of activity of people still buying and playing with figs, but the people asking to join are all foreign. Mostly South American.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Likewise. At this point (and the current price point), it would take something really special and particular to get me to drop heavy coin on it. PCS named the most desired one, but there are a few others. Unfortunately (probably fortunately for my wallet), nobody has yet produced any of them.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I do want to get a set or two of the Joytoy figures.. but every time I think about it, I have money going somewher else. If Pickelhaube finishes the Hind.. I might be inspired to pick up some figures to go with it!!

Generally though, we are all old, lapsed collectors. I still have a garage full of nonsense, but no where to display any of it.

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
is no one around here actually buying 1:18 scale stuff? JoyToy has been cranking out figures - yeah I had to mod them to rid diaper crotch - but otherwise pretty sweet...looks like the truck is in production
I got a set of marines and a set of recon. I’m impressed with them. The diaper crotch took a few minutes of knife work and sanding but I’m happy with them. Curious to see what vehicles they put out. I’m going to preorder the set of PLA marines. The gear alone.. god damn it’s pure 1/18th Goodness. Much of what we had to cobble together to recreate by buying various figs from various toy lines to chop up

Reactions: NSA

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
"is no one around here actually buying 1:18 scale stuff?"

I do, but I've cut back mostly because there's only so much I like, and what little I do buy often goes to customizing. And if it's not something I can incorporate into Aliens/Terminator/Predator, then it's a no-buy unless I just find it extremely cool. Joy Toy figures look great but I've heard too many people talk about breakage right out of the box.

Reactions: Mistermarks101

Mistermarks101

The Unwashed
Dec 20, 2016

I just the joytoy hardcore Marine Corps its awesome. But I can't buy as much as I would like to.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I just checked BBTS and they were $89 a set for the Marines 2nd production set..... dang I gotta think hard before I drop that kind of coin on five figures, not including shipping.

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
I just checked BBTS and they were $89 a set for the Marines 2nd production set..... dang I gotta think hard before I drop that kind of coin on five figures, not including shipping.

locker toys is cheaper. Found that out thanks to slaymaker. These figures are really good and getting better.

Reactions: Sgt301

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I broke down and bought the second issue of USMC team at locker toys but could only find the Force recon team at BBTS. Yes I lost my mind and bought both sets but this all I’m getting for awhile. At least that’s what I tell myself 😐

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
I broke down and bought the second issue of USMC team at locker toys but could only find the Force recon team at BBTS. Yes I lost my mind and bought both sets but this all I’m getting for awhile. At least that’s what I tell myself 😐

you’ll buy more. Trust me 😊 what pisses me off is we finally have figures worthy of jumping out of the super detailed BBI vehicles and they are nowhere to be found or you have to take out a loan to buy them on eBay. 1/18th has come back in a huge way the last 2 years between joy toy , marauders, hiya, acid rain, chicken fried toys, boss fight and to an extent fortnite. Action force on the way and a ton of new stuff on the horizon such as the new 4” halo figures that are only 10 bucks a piece btw. Would make a good cheap enemy in dio scenes for anyone. What pisses me off to no end is they is no one, at all making realistic 1/18th vehicles anymore. At 1 time JSI, BBI, and new millennium toys were all operating at the same time frame giving us the goods. World peace keepers tries bless their heart and they def have staying power, but you think at least 1 company would see the opportunity and grab it by the balls with both hands. I wish I had a few mill laying around cause I would sure as shit buy those BBI molds and put some people to work

Reactions: NSA

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
you’ll buy more. Trust me 😊 what pisses me off is we finally have figures worthy of jumping out of the super detailed BBI vehicles and they are nowhere to be found or you have to take out a loan to buy them on eBay. 1/18th has come back in a huge way the last 2 years between joy toy , marauders, hiya, acid rain, chicken fried toys, boss fight and to an extent fortnite. Action force on the way and a ton of new stuff on the horizon such as the new 4” halo figures that are only 10 bucks a piece btw. Would make a good cheap enemy in dio scenes for anyone. What pisses me off to no end is they is no one, at all making realistic 1/18th vehicles anymore. At 1 time JSI, BBI, and new millennium toys were all operating at the same time frame giving us the goods. World peace keepers tries bless their heart and they def have staying power, but you think at least 1 company would see the opportunity and grab it by the balls with both hands. I wish I had a few mill laying around cause I would sure as shit buy those BBI molds and put some people to work

I wonder if it'll take a bit for them to get going with vehicles, and they'll probably get them out just as the figure lines are stopping.. it's an evil cycle.

Maybe now is the time to unload my motorpool online :)

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018

you’ll buy more. Trust me 😊 what pisses me off is we finally have figures worthy of jumping out of the super detailed BBI vehicles and they are nowhere to be found or you have to take out a loan to buy them on eBay. 1/18th has come back in a huge way the last 2 years between joy toy , marauders, hiya, chicken fried toys, boss fight and to an extent fortnite. Action force on the way and a ton of new stuff on the horizon such as the new 4” halo figures that are only 10 bucks a piece btw. Would make a good cheap enemy in dio scenes for anyone. What pisses me off to no end is they is no one, at all making realistic 1/18th vehicles anymore. At 1 time JSI, BBI, and new millennium toys were all operating at the same time frame giving us the goods. World peace keepers tries bless their heart and they def have staying power, but you think at least 1 company would see the opportunity and grab it by the balls with both hands. I wish I had a few mill laying around cause I would sure as shit buy those BBI molds and put some people to wi

Please let me know if you want to get rid of anything. I’ll be fair with you with price and such. Unless you jus plan on going full ass rape style on evil bay lol. I’m in central jersey

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
you’ll buy more. Trust me 😊 what pisses me off is we finally have figures worthy of jumping out of the super detailed BBI vehicles and they are nowhere to be found or you have to take out a loan to buy them on eBay. 1/18th has come back in a huge way the last 2 years between joy toy , marauders, hiya, chicken fried toys, boss fight and to an extent fortnite. Action force on the way and a ton of new stuff on the horizon such as the new 4” halo figures that are only 10 bucks a piece btw. Would make a good cheap enemy in dio scenes for anyone. What pisses me off to no end is they is no one, at all making realistic 1/18th vehicles anymore. At 1 time JSI, BBI, and new millennium toys were all operating at the same time frame giving us the goods. World peace keepers tries bless their heart and they def have staying power, but you think at least 1 company would see the opportunity and grab it by the balls with both hands. I wish I had a few mill laying around cause I would sure as shit buy those BBI molds and put some people to wi

Please let me know if you want to get rid of anything. I’ll be fair with you with price and such. Unless you jus plan on going full ass rape style on evil bay lol. I’m in central jersey

Of course I am in CA. The worst part about 1:18 is shipping it around, since everything is so big.

We are moving soon, so I will be going through everything and deciding what I actually want to bother moving vs selling so I'll let you know, and probably update things (and maybe, finally get Preacher13 his WWII stuff, no promises).

I have this weird little niggle in the back of my mind that if I get rid of the stuff now, I'll never be able to get it again.. but I haven't even used any of it in close to 5 years now. How long should I leave it in storage then? The eternal question for collectors..

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
If I had an office in the house, or even a clear spot in the garage to set things up, I think I'd be a lot more compelled to keep stuff. Hell, even a display case in the house. But our current house is tiny and nerd/toys/etc is not allowed by the wife.

I was hoping for Pickelhaube s Hind to be the Hind that broke the camels back and force her to let me have something awesome on display lol

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I know my stuff will be locked down until all kids are in middle school and don’t want to hang out with dad anymore.
If I had an office in the house, or even a clear spot in the garage to set things up, I think I'd be a lot more compelled to keep stuff. Hell, even a display case in the house. But our current house is tiny and nerd/toys/etc is not allowed by the wife.

I was hoping for Pickelhaube s Hind to be the Hind that broke the camels back and force her to let me have something awesome on display lol

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Better late than never. Have only been watching those MRAP kits for two winters now, but it took a pandemic lockdown and a Trump check to pull the trigger.

*Looks up at my Abrams and LAV and then thinks about all the other things I need the Trump money for... :confused: