JoyToy 1:18 |OT| Basically what we've always wanted

Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com
If you're talking about my humvee, thank you! You're getting me motivated to finish it. Definitely PM Pickelhaube on here. He'll sort you with the wheel covers. Not too expensive and well worth taking the build to the next level. AND you don't need to be an expert modeler. You will need a tool to cut the metal axels though. I used a Dremel cutting tool. Most wire cutters probably won't be strong enough.

If you're talking about my humvee, thank you!
HOLY SHITBALLS that looks amazing!

Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com
Pickelhaube makes the "mine thingy" as well. He can hook you up with most of what you need. Then source the gas cans, gear etc from various 1:18 toy lines, accessories, etc.

I also picked up a Hiyah Predator... for reasons.

Also looking to do something like this...as I've found a reasonably priced humvee. Just waiting on shipping for everything.

I'll just need: the mine thingy on the front, a push bar, a spare tire, some gasoline cans, ammo cans, misc. equipment. No idea where to find any of that... and I don't have a 3D printer.

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
They all look great bro. I bought 2 of these humvees for 10 bucks each. I also need to order from pickle. One is getting a pretty serious customization the other just mainly paint and window dressing. I’ll post the pics when I’m done with my predator hunting unit. Keep up the good work

Ps I’m stealing that idea for the tow launcher. That piece really came alive with some love

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
So I went with 1/18 Joy Toy Chinese Military PLA infantryman instead of OpFor. I need to find a moderately priced (not hundreds of dollars) vehicle that would fit the chinese military themes. I've checked ebay and they want $288+ for something like that in 1/18. Fucking nuts.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
So I went with 1/18 Joy Toy Chinese Military PLA infantryman instead of OpFor. I need to find a moderately priced (not hundreds of dollars) vehicle that would fit the chinese military themes. I've checked ebay and they want $288+ for something like that in 1/18. Fucking nuts.
PTE makes a 4 seat buggy and an APV straight out of the PLA’s inventory.

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
Yeah it cleans up nicely (or dirties up?)

It is definitely on the SMALL side though.
Pretty sexy. That one yours? The one I bought is missing the machine gun on top and the antennas. I'll have to find replacements...

But! It's pretty accurate to the real deal.
Screenshot_20200626-185340_Chrome.jpg

This is the one I got:
Screenshot_20200626-185414_eBay.jpg

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah it was mine, I started it like.. shit, probably 8 years ago? Long long time ago. It still looks the same, I haven't gotten to really detailing it, but wanted to get rid of the stock paintjob above. It's a nice little tank, and I always appreciate something non-US.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Anyone have a suggestion for quality 1/18 weapon slings?

Lots of people use hockey tape.

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
So I had ordered a 1/18 tank...the seller sent me 1/18 armored vehicle. Not even remotely the same. I ended up keeping it, because a need a 1/18 enemy vehicle, but that pissed me off. I left him a bad review for showing one thing and shipping another. I'm in the process of repainting it now.

Screenshot_20200704-162222_Chrome.jpg

And it was missing pieces to boot! 🤬

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So I had ordered a 1/18 tank...the seller sent me 1/18 armored vehicle. Not even remotely the same. I ended up keeping it, because a need a 1/18 enemy vehicle, but that pissed me off. I left him a bad review for showing one thing and shipping another. I'm in the process of repainting it now.

View attachment 13449

And it was missing pieces to boot! 🤬
Yeah I have one of those two.. really I feel like they're almost the same size. But that sucks that you were bamboozled.. was it on eBay or somewhere else where you can get your money back?

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
That's a nice piece of armor there. How much did it set you back? RC too? Wooooow.

The PLA figures look great!
View attachment 13419
View attachment 13420
I got the same set. This is the vehicle I grabbed to go with them. It fits beautifully with this team. I don’t know why the price keeps going up. I got the dongfeng for 70 bucks. I’m going to upgrade the turret and I need to grab some stickers from bad mother tattoos as well. But hope this helps

It’s really a great vehicle. Has a tremendous amount of detail

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
That Dongfeng does look cool.. $70 sounds good, $199.. yikes!!

I do need to get those Chiner soldiers though. I wish we'd get proper Russian figures, but these will have to do.
Yea all of a sudden the price exploded. That is evil bay tho. Front seats and rear troop carrier part are fine as is. You have to mod the 2 back seats though ( shave them down ) if you want to fit 2 guys sitting. Not much maybe 25 min of knife work and that thing is golden

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
Will have to keep my eyes out for a drop in price...
yea bro Ali express has em for 125. Still to high imo. It’s all die cast reminds me of the old 21st century Bradley’s and troop carriers. If I see another one for 80-100 bucks with shipping included I’m gonna pull the trigger myself. You won’t be disappointed. Their aren’t many companies who make legit vehicles in that old BBI /21st century style anymore, that’s why the prices are so dumb on after market. I’m still shocked no one has stepped up to fill the void.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I want some OpFor troops, but I don't want modern, geared-up chiner and russian guys. I need some 'Nam, cold-war era stuff. Russians with fuzzy hats, Charlie's, and a few towel heads. Back when bad guys were easy to identify...

Although it does make me laugh to consider Chinese troops running around with hi-tech gear designed and manufactured in china. I'll bet their NVGs quit working after 12 minutes, then the batteries overheat and catch on fire.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I doubt any of the high end stuff was designed there. More likely reverse engineered from US, Russian, Japanese, Korean and European tech.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Oh, I have no doubt. I may have told this story on here before, but I have first-hand knowledge of the chinese and their half-ass attempts to copy my work when I was in telecom. I firmly believe that the CCP and their totalitarian society greatly disincentivizes creativity, free thought, and original ideas. They are punished for having ideas, so they've effective bred the creativity out of their population. They have no choice but to steal tech, and they're not all that great at it. When their copied shit works, it's a happy accident, not because they have any clue what they're doing.