Legends of the West Kickstarter

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Didn't'cha know? Fighting 1:18th means we're Fighting against our 1:18th habit! ;););)

I echo everyone else on one point or another. $5 Target/TRU Joes we're perfect to toss in the cart when you were buying other things, or 'accidentially' shopping for the kids. Having a relatively steady release schedule, fueled by nostalgia (and lets be honest, Hisstank) really lit my fuse and kept me collecting. The dive into 1:18 military stuff sent it into the atmosphere.. but like a space shuttle, we burned up on re-entry. Almost all of us got into the 1:18 game about 5 years too late apparently. We got some killer clearance prices.. which created the addition, but then there wasn't anything new for us to buy.. other than overpriced eBay & collector stuff.

It doesn't help that almost all of us are lapsed collectors, too old, too poor, too lazy to really do anything with the hobby. We all still LIKE it, but we're sideline spectators now it seems. I guess Facebook (...?) is where all the hot collecting action happens..?

BUT.. random things will happen.. like Pickelhaube making a 1:18 Hind (where is that btw!) and that proves too much to resist. If a 1:18 A-10 came out, you better believe 100% of us would SAY we're buying one, and probably a good 40% actually would.

Crayfish is this your line/figures? If so, welcome! If not.. why so nosy! (just kidding).

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It doesn't help that almost all of us are lapsed collectors, too old, too poor, too lazy to really do anything with the hobby. We all still LIKE it, but we're sideline spectators now it seems. I guess Facebook (...?) is where all the hot collecting action happens..?

Yeah, this too.
I used to have a lot of customizing plans and ideas, now it's just a couple of guns for my ARW figures. Once Marauder's WWII stuff drops and those projects are out of the way, then what?
I suppose if I hadn't gotten the banstick from HT I'd have some place to trade and keep my 1:18 tanks filled (no offense to my Sewing Circle bros). Who knew that cesspit was good for something afterall?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
First i’d Like to say I love that there is a cowboy line. I would like to get a few things. That being said I have a basement full of this stuff & since real life stuff happened a year ago, I really haven’t been able to play with the stuff. I’d like to go all in on the knights but the reality is I can’t but unless eBay has a cuppon & that useally is a China sale which I generally don’t want to support.

$40+ horses from boss fight don’t help the cowboy cause.

The future of the hobby (for 4”) will be start ups like yours, as the writing has been on the wall that the big toy companies want a different scale. My one major rule is I keep to my chosen scale so no 6” 12” for me.

Best of luck & I hope to add some of the stuff to my collection

Crayfish

Jun 26, 2019
Chelsea, Alabama
www.facebook.com
Crayfish is this your line/figures? If so, welcome! If not.. why so nosy! (just kidding).

No...not at all...this is all John Russell's and Paul Mundheim's vision but it is fulfilling a major dream of mine for a very long time. I grew up with Star Wars and the GI Joe and that was great. I came from a military family too but my memories of growing up with my father gone all the time tend to be with my grandparents and grandfather watching westerns. My Star Wars and GI Joe figures ceased to be their characters and became additional characters to go along with my Gabriel Lone Ranger figures and my Kenner Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid figures. Essentially...they would become my first customs as I added Playdoh hats to Han Solo and such.

I just really want to see this line succeed and see more characters.....I want to get all the characters I dreamed about when I was a kid. With John and Paul's permission...I created the Facebook fan page back around the Kickstarter. I guess....I just want this line to last as much as the creators do.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Oh well that's very cool, it's always nice to have a passion project you're involved with or at least supporting.

Is there a Quigley figure? I might pony up for one of those.

In general Westerns just aren't my cup o' tea I guess. I've enjoyed some of the movies, and I think the time period is cool.. I really liked Red Dead Redemption 2. I guess I just don't really have a need for a little cowboy on my desk right meow.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I guess I just don't really have a need for a little cowboy on my desk right meow.
At near $30, neither do I. At $10, you betcha. But I realize that these small batch runs can't get costs that low. It sucks, but I'm not ponying up for that problem.

We've been spoiled. Sorry, guys trying to keep the scale alive.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Is there a Quigley figure? I might pony up for one of those.
He would definitely be the one I'd end up with. I fucking love Quigley Down Under.
Oh, and everyone should have some kind of cowboy figure.

Reactions: Crayfish

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Won't lie, heard "Blaze of Glory" today and was sorely tempted to hit up Small Joes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If you're getting these, be mindful with the arms. I was over on thefwoosh, and someone reported a breakage, but also confirmed compatibility with Marauder parts.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Very cool.. needs more horses!
They're $50 fucking bucks a pop* from Boss Fight, who the fuck can afford to afford to outfit a livery stable and stage coach at that price point? Do I look Like George Hearst or John D. Motherfucking Rockefeller?

*After adding $15 for tack and saddle. Sold separately, natch.

:troll:

Good work, Lord Bodega

Lord Bodega

Enlisted
May 10, 2014
S. Florida
They're $50 fucking bucks a pop* from Boss Fight, who the fuck can afford to afford to outfit a livery stable and stage coach at that price point? Do I look Like George Hearst or John D. Motherfucking Rockefeller?

*After adding $15 for tack and saddle. Sold separately, natch.

:troll:

Good work, Lord Bodega

Thanks!

Crayfish

Jun 26, 2019
Chelsea, Alabama
www.facebook.com
I agree I have two World Peacekeeper horses but they just don't look right. Looking forward to my Boss Fight Horse order coming in. The quality of the CFT figures is really outstanding.

I had to modify, paint, and add some Schleich gear...but for $5....I couldn't pass up the World Peacekeeper stuff:

Then I found them for 40% off with a sale:

Then I went and got drunk:

All in all...it was a good time.

I did go in on the BFS Kickstarter stuff so it will be interesting to see how those look also...but I am happy for the time being.

Reactions: Videoviper

Crayfish

Jun 26, 2019
Chelsea, Alabama
www.facebook.com
I really don't know. I originally pledged for the all in but bumped it up to the "Gimme Two Steps" level...plus got all the Buck-A-Roos...then about $30 of horses at Big Lots and some odds and ends that I customized.

Crayfish

Jun 26, 2019
Chelsea, Alabama
www.facebook.com
[BGCOLOR=transparent]
[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=transparent]
[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=transparent]
[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=transparent]
[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=transparent]
[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=transparent]
[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=transparent]
[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=transparent]
[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=transparent]
[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=transparent]
[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=transparent]
[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=transparent]
[/BGCOLOR]

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
The first 4. The unlockables. The KS exclusive.

not shown are the horses and 2 retro figures.

Attachments

• 6F881C0A-CBDB-4A81-9D48-414BB006DED0.jpeg
    6F881C0A-CBDB-4A81-9D48-414BB006DED0.jpeg
    602.7 KB · Views: 9

Crayfish

Jun 26, 2019
Chelsea, Alabama
www.facebook.com
Just a slight recap:

Chicken Fried Toys – Dime Novel Legends “Hold yer’ Horses… Here comes the Cavalry” Kickstarter is LIVE now!

Like the proverbial bad penny, Chicken Fried Toys is back again, with more spicy authentic Western sauce, as you like it! This time around, they are presenting their first Army-builder centric lineup: The Cavalry, a new set of 1:18th scale Western action figures, as well as horses, gear, and even a stagecoach!

The initial funding goal will offer the "First Four" figures in this lineup: Trooper Private, Buffalo Soldier NCO, Officer JG (Lt.), and Major General. The Kickstarter Exclusive is a great step for CFT as it is the first named character as well as a direct Eagle Force crossover with Fresh Monkey Fiction, AND the first Native American figure offering. Figure stretch goals include a Bugler, Buffalo Soldier Trooper, Veteran NCO, Mestre de Camp, and more. Additional stretch goals unlock a variety of accessory sets intended to combine with figures in this campaign and allow more flexibility to backers. These include a set of bladed weapons and gear, a set of new firearms, optional gear for belts and sashes, optional belts and sashes, and a 10- pack of hats in colors not offered on the carded figures. A recurring “Bonus Head Pack In" stretch goal unlocks a second 100% brand new, never before seen original sculpt portrait to an already unlocked figure. You get 2 for 1 with each tier of this type that is reached. Further stretch goals unlock a stable of mustang ponies to get your army to the battle field and back. Take a ride on Butterscotch the palomino, Blueberry the appaloosa, Chips the paint horse, and Cinnamon the red roan horse. Each comes with a removable bedroll and saddlebags, as well as a canteen, lariat, and rifle sheathe. A new addition to the campaign is the ability to simply add any single unlocked item to your preexisting pledge level. This feature allows backers to add the KS Exclusive, other premium items, and many more offerings through a pull down menu to custom tailor their reward without the need for a Backerkit.

Reward packages include:
"My Personal Trooper" - choice of 1 single unlocked figure
"First Four" - 1 set of each of the first four figures available
"Full Charge!" - a nontraditional all in style package
"I'm the STAR of this SHOW!" - a high tier supporter package that includes a sculpt of YOU added to a figure in THIS campaign as well as other reward items
"Johnny's Personal Army" - a troop builders dream! Pick 100 basic troopers of your choice (groups of 25, nonofficers only) from all the enlisted men unlocked in the KS Keep an eye on the official Facebook page for ongoing updates throughout the campaign.

This Kickstarter will run until December 6th at 9PM Central. Giddy up!
Links:
Kickstarter: Hold yer' HORSES...Here Comes the CAVALRY!
Facebook: Facebook Groups

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
These showed up yesterday, now I must go dig up that Chuck Norris head sculpt I picked up last year.

Attachments

• IMG_4593.jpeg
    IMG_4593.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4594.jpeg
    IMG_4594.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4595.jpeg
    IMG_4595.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I’m seeing a VSP Trooper custom in my future with this upper torso w/black tie. Then I’ll have to spring for a custom 1/18 blue & gray 🙂