Marvel Infinite 2015

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
So long as the figures suck, what diff does it make who it's of? Do you Xfans really want action bricks of Maggot, Marrow, and your other favorites?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
So long as the figures suck, what diff does it make who it's of? Do you Xfans really want action bricks of Maggot, Marrow, and your other favorites?

I'm with you on that. If they are basically reducing the articulation to "statue", who cares bout the line. And on top of statue add ever increasing price? Yeah, do, not, care.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Fixed that for you, man.

Eddie summed it up pretty well:

But yeah, 1:18th Marvel fans reeeeeally need to count their blessings. Compare what you've gotten compared to what 1:18th DC fans have gotten. When you say it could be worse, DC is a prime example of just how much worse it could be.

While I certainly want well-sculpted, highly-articulated $8 figures, I realistically understand that's not going to happen.

Yes, the price SUCKS. But when they only produce two waves a year, and I only pick up three figures total out of those waves, the price becomes pretty irrelevant. I start comparing them to the price I'd pay for a custom cast head and another figure or two for donor parts to make a custom, and it's not too hard to justify.

And the limited articulation SUCKS. But when you compare it to Joe figures... oh wait, you can't because they don't make them anymore. When you compare them to SW Black figures, they at least aren't charging us $12-14 for f*@#ing Marvel figs w/t-crotches! When you compare them to the DC line, then it's tough to compose your thoughts after spending considerable time on the floor laughing at Mattels *attempts* at 4" figures.

So the better question is, even though MU is far from perfect, who exactly is doing it better AND cheaper? Who does MU compare unfavorably with? Yeah, they don't have the articulation they used to, and they cost more than they used to... but what line/franchise/company is beating them at this game on price, articulation, and quality?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Multiverse was beating them on price, but was about equal in quality and articulation. The point stands, there are no quality 4" figures sub-$12.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I really don't give a damn about the price issue if the quality issue isn't there (artic is a component of quality to me). I'd easily pay $25 a pop for Kiwami Tamashii-quality MU figures, but I wouldn't pay $2 for crap that won't satisfy my wants. Why pay to be unhappy just because the price is cheap?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I don't disagree with the later point, as I have no use for cheap 5-POA SW figures or $10 for DC figures that have pinheads, shitty articulation, and weak sculpts. But I'm not paying ML/MOTUC prices for 4" figures either, no matter how articulated they are.

I was fine with $8-10 MU figures with Joe-level articulation. Now that the prices have increased and articulation has gone down, I only get the characters I really like - in spite of their flaws.

Again, I'm in no way saying that I think everything is hunky-dory in the MU line, merely that its flaws are no worse than any other 4" line by any mainstream company. But I'm also not saying that everything they produce is complete shit and boycott it all in hopes of higher-priced, super-articulated, anime-esque figures that will absolutely never happen.

I repeat: something (even flawed) >>> nothing

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Don't get me started on the missing X-Men...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
that is the consensual opinion on the 2nd from the right silhouette

While cool, I figured that one was some Savage Land friend of Shanna's (like the one Colossus banged) or some Guardians alien I've never heard of. FotM Rogue would be far too A-list, as I thought the general MO of the Hasbro brass was to scrape the bottom of the barrel to guarantee that the character is someone we've never heard of, or at the very least, know but have zero interest in.

Rogue would be awesome, but my cynical nature thinks she seemingly doesn't fit the criteria :p

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Well my other reason for thinking it couldn't be her was that the hair on the side of her head looks non-existent in the silhouette, more like the shaved head mohawk Storm. The fact that they painted hair on her... ok, I suppose. But Rogue never had a mohawk, just a skunk stripe in her brown hair, so this clearly isn't quite right.

This goes back to the earlier argument. What's worse, nothing or something seriously flawed? I still contend that something beats nothing, and I'm happy that the x-men haven't been completely blacklisted, but I'll admit, I'm underwhelmed.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Yeah, shave down the inner surface of the belts and glue them down properly positioned, shave out the front of her hip sockets to enable a proper sitting pose, and get some swivels or better into the wrists; and you might actually end up with an actual action figure.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
This goes back to the earlier argument. What's worse, nothing or something seriously flawed? I still contend that something beats nothing, and I'm happy that the x-men haven't been completely blacklisted, but I'll admit, I'm underwhelmed.

Nothing and something you have zero desire for are the same thing. :D

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Are those 4 inch? I had assumed they were the 6 inch. I have some uses for a sports bra body if it's actually sculpted on.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Nah, there aren't any at all. Everything is dogshiat this past year or two. But the HACKS will be along shortly to truly impress upon everyone what hunks of crap the MU line has been from the get-go. Even taking in the admittedly awesome figures over the years, it's still 95% rotten dogshiat failure of execution and lack of attempt.

The vast difference between what one used to imagine when one heard 'Hasbro 18th Marvel toyline' and what we've gotten is enough for me to consider this the most disappointing toyline in history.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone recognize the torso? It's not from either previous 1:18 Black Panther.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Not really bizarre if you look at hasbro's track record. Release comic book version before movie redefines the characters look.

If reusing parts gives us better articulation all the better