Marvel Infinite 2015

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Unless you plan to cut them off and drill a tiny hole, you'll never know. AI Beast doesn't have wrist articulation of any kind. Most of the others don't either. Only hawkeye and daredevil b/c they use older sculpts :(

There is that. Adding hands ain't too rough, though.

I wonder how that Sandman head would look on the 30th Anniversary/Renegades Airtight body?

Might be a little large. Sandman is 95% rehash of the Luke Cage/Absorbing Man buck. It would probably be okay on the larger Joe bucks.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Several of those would have been great fodder figures before Operation Gimp The Articulation was launched.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I need one of those Doc Ocs for my Ghostbusters Ray Stantz figure, the head off of Shanna.

Also, that Daredevil head looks like it would be a great starting point on a CW Flash.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Throw some RoC Heavy Duty legs on there...they seem thick enough for the torso, but might make the overall figure too tall because those legs on Doc Oc are the Nick Cage / Sandman / Krex ones.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shouldn't be an issue, as even without feet those Absorbing man legs are longer than RoC Heavy Duty's. You'll be making the figure shorter using HD's.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
She has the Joe style elbows, so they're usable.

Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Even with only one eye showing, that's still one of the best sculpted female faces they've ever had.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Does she come with a dose of hepatitis? Cause she looks like pamala Anderson before kid rock got her meth'd out:trollface:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Even with only one eye showing, that's still one of the best sculpted female faces they've ever had.

No question. I dare anyone to find a 4" female figure with a better face sculpt. I certainly haven't seen it.

Shanna
Original Teela
Original Covergirl
generic Bond girl

... and that's without changing the hair color. Lots of brunette possibilities as well.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Scarlett johansson black widow 4" is a better head sculpt imo. So is OG Daina from the OG set....

Now I will say I have a thing for scarlett johansson...I'd love to wife the shit out of her,as would anyone who doesn't copulate with other men that is,so I could be bias,idk Justsayin.

Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com
I saw this and the other AoU two-pack (Fury and Iron Man) at TRU over the weekend, but I had to pass, even with a BOGO 40% off sale. Just couldn't justify the cost to get more doubles. I do like that Widow though.

Instead I got the new Black Cat, Daredevil, Bishop and Sandman.

They're not very good though, I have to say... Bishop is especially weak.

I find the lack of articulation pretty sucky. Daredevil can't even sit in the driver's seat of a PTE Fast Attack Vehicle.

^
Scarlett johansson black widow 4" is a better head sculpt imo. So is OG Daina from the OG set....

Now I will say I have a thing for scarlett johansson...I'd love to wife the shit out of her,as would anyone who doesn't copulate with other men that is,so I could be bias,idk Justsayin.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
I have several carded grapple attack movie series black widow figures that this one is a repaint of,but I still bought two of these just for her..I love this figure!! I'm actually shrink casting the 6" winter soldier black widow heads..they're in my work area with their hair pulled off,ready to go in,just been busy copying stuff for others:D

I never noticed how small of a selection there really is in female parts&heads! It's no wonder they get pricy quick! I've bought at least a half dozen female 6" marvel figures over the last few weeks,as well as a couple walking dead figures to shrink their heads,so in a few weeks we'll all have more selection in 4"...IF I can pull it off I may go after some of those game of thrones figures for their heads as well.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, I have that head sculpt on it's previous BW release, and it's not all that. It's better than MU Psylocke or Phoenix, but it's marginal at best (comically massive lips anyone?). Add to that, it's a movie sculpt of a famous actress, and it's not like you can use it for customs without them all looking just like ScarJo.

Nice try, but that's a swing and a miss.

Next best female head IMO is the Avengers Assemble BW head, comic style. That's at least usable for something else.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Yeah,your 100% correct on the famous face on customs,I see Tatum,Johnson,and Willis on a LOT of Joe customs..it is instantly recognizable on any body. also the lips are the main reason why I want to attempt to shrink the 6" head..I feel it looks more like her. At least imo.

Assemble BW? Is that Swoop hair? that's a good head except for the hair is always in motion.

What about Daina? I like that head!!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
... Add to that, it's a movie sculpt of a famous actress, and it's not like you can use it for customs without them all looking just like ScarJo...

Yer not kid'n. I used the ScarJo head for Velma. Big frame glasses, new hair, repainted face and it still looks like ScarJo! :headinsand:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Typical B&M issue. Get a wave four months late and never restock new product.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
The wave is selling tho! Even at target prices!! I've gotten 4 BlackCats already,3 of them where from Targets. The 4" AOU pegs are empty at all the walmarts&Targets here,which shocks the shit out of me,but they're not refilling them. I have the 2nd wave preordered,but no updates from EE yet...I'm hoping they get a 3rd wave also. I'm liking those 5 POA POS's. Being $6,and being at every store makes it easy..plus since they're only good as stagnant figures there's no temptation to buy multiples

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I just wish Wal-Mart was carrying Marvel Infinite. The only Marvel line that matters is the one they don't carry.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Yeah,I've only seen them at target&TRU...

I found 2 fully stocked pegs of these at a rite aid

Never seen them before,they have him,a rhino,and a bunch of spider man figures all on these cards..but at $14 I couldn't pull the trigger.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Apparently? A quick google search shows a comic lizard man&scorpion from that line. Might be worth investigating other rite aids...I'd have bought those. I still haven't been able to get the amazing spiderman gift set with hobgoblin,scorpion for my son. Good thing he wasn't with me this time,or he'd prolly got all the ones they had,and I'd been broke this week,lol.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Weird stock things like that happen. I mentioned a while back that my Hastings has recently started stocking ten-year-old Pulp Fiction Geoms. Who knows where the hell they found them.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, the Lizard from that era was pretty good (not greatest articulation, but proper scale and decent sculpt), and that's also where the MU Rhino originated first, IIRC. I'm amazed that they have new stock of those still floating around. It has been quite a while.

EDIT, I have that Doc Ock, and he's pretty craptacular. Sub-par sculpt, sub-par articulation, useless mech arms that are too short and rubbery. I'd skip that one in favor of the upcoming AI version or pony up for the old-but-better-than-this SHS version.

Last edited: