Marvel Legends

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, I'm still deciding on whether I want to get the other MLs I was talking about (beefing up my Avengers, mostly) but since I got the ARAH vehicle haul back home, I'm holding off on spending anymore money on Legends for now...

Although I do want that brown suit Wolverine...

But if I get more Avengers, some villains would be nice to have. I'm thinking Ultron is a major player, although I haven't really followed him too closely in the comics, as I was never a big Avengers fan. Besides him, I guess Red Skull and Thanos are about my top priorities.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Fucking garbage, but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't want that Jean Grey head shrunk down to 1:18.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Well, as crazy as the price seems, even the jacked up price merely puts them on par with MOTUC/DCU figures. And if you factor in tax and shipping, they still beat the cost of 5 matty figures.

Sure, the stuff sold by digital river is "limited" and aimed at collectors, but I would argue that Matty likely has similar unit production costs as hasbro does on a retailer exclusive that likely won't ever see store shelves.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

Fucking finally. I heard it had been put on hold to rejigger the actual figure assortment, but that's completely new, no?

And what the fuck is with the distribution? one tiny arm, one tiny head, one tiny arm, and then a whole goddamn torso and legs with Storm, and then Wolverine doesn't even get a part? What dipshit decided that setup?

God, I hate the BAF concept almost as much as blind packaged figures.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Fucking finally. I heard it had been put on hold to rejigger the actual figure assortment, but that's completely new, no?

And what the fuck is with the distribution? one tiny arm, one tiny head, one tiny arm, and then a whole goddamn torso and legs with Storm, and then Wolverine doesn't even get a part? What dipshit decided that setup?

God, I hate the BAF concept almost as much as blind packaged figures.

I hate the way hasbro has done it, splitting up small figures is just annoying as hell, I did love the original Toybiz waves with Galactus and the Sentinel( even if I'm still missing the right leg) because they were HUGE, these tiny figures are just underwhelming when you complete them.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I agree. Simply putting an extra figure in the wave is lame. Creating a beast of a figure made it more worthwhile. I mean, getting a HUGE figure like a Sentinel just by buying normal figures is a plus. Getting Jubilee is like a kick in the groin when told a woman will touch you.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wolverine will sell regardless the part. Storm may be the peg warmer so they put the important parts with her.

Remember when Wolverine there would have come with a large dio base and cost less than ten dollars?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I hate the way hasbro has done it, splitting up small figures is just annoying as hell, I did love the original Toybiz waves with Galactus and the Sentinel( even if I'm still missing the right leg) because they were HUGE, these tiny figures are just underwhelming when you complete them.

I have half a Sentinel in pieces, then 2 complete ones that I bought off eBay. I have a leg, but I think it's the left one (his left, our right if you're facing him). Pretty sure it came with a carded Angel, and then I got Sinister off eBay loose, without the Sentinel part. (This was like 5-6 years back, so it's a little hazy now.)

I agree. Simply putting an extra figure in the wave is lame. Creating a beast of a figure made it more worthwhile. I mean, getting a HUGE figure like a Sentinel just by buying normal figures is a plus. Getting Jubilee is like a kick in the groin when told a woman will touch you.
That Sentinel was badass, as were most of the large ones. I think the lamest so far was Rocket Raccoon.

Remember when Wolverine there would have come with a large dio base and cost less than ten dollars?

Those dio pieces were pretty spectacular, especially the Sentinel bases for the X-characters. Even though they don't exactly match the BAF one, they still look cool.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So since my last posting, I acquired Jubilee through a trade here so I pretty much finished up my Jim Lee X-Men apart from a better Wolverine, and just scored the new Hawkeye off Amazon for not too bad, and the latest Scarlet Witch from the same wave as Hawkeye. I guess my dumbass is going to build up my Avengers team now, using a mix of the movie and comic versions (whichever versions I prefer).

I have the classic Thor already, but this is a pretty awesome one (from the same Avengers wave as the new Hawkeye and SW):

MarvelLegends.Net - Marvel Legends Odin Series Thor

I'm also eyeing this one:

MarvelLegends.Net - Marvel Movies Avengers Hulk

to replace this one that is my current "default" Hulk:

MarvelLegends.Net - Marvel Legends Movie Hulk Movie Hulk

But that damn Avengers movie Hulk is crazy 'spensive because it was a damn Walmart Exclusive. There are Chinese listings of him for $20 or so, so I'll probably buckle and get that one since I don't like the A2 Hulk that's coming out with his branded pants and glossy finish. He just doesn't look right, but the Avengers one is pretty awesome. I also want the IM2 War Machine, but he's at least $50+, and not direct from China dumpster-divers.

I'll eventually get an Ant Man and Wasp, a Vision, Black Widow, and not sure who else... I'm not a huge Avengers fan, but aside from the X-Men they're pretty much the only "teams" I give a shit about.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, Nacho, I think I still want that IM2 WM because he's a lot beefier than the A2 version, but I hadn't seen all these yet:

Hasbro Marvel Legends at Toy Fair 2015 - The Toyark - News

That new A2 Iron Man will be my default IM (love the Tony-open-mask alt head), and I will be getting that Vision as well. Antman looks pretty sweet, too. May get that Daredevil, too, and will probably get that Thanos. That Hulkbuster is pretty damn impressive! He looks a lot more like a brick in most pics, but apparently he's really articulated.

If I had more Spiderman figures, I'd consider that Rhino, but so far I only have a few Spidey figs. Not really concerned with building up that part of the Marvel Universe...

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
My quickie homage to UXM 101:

Attachments

• DSC06526_resize.JPG
    DSC06526_resize.JPG
    421.5 KB · Views: 60

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone seen the throwback wave? Man, I was tempted by the Wolverine one.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
They're just ML repaints on "vintage" 90's Toy Biz cardbacks. They're cool, but I can't imagine collecting them for the packaging like I've done with SW in the past.

BigBadToyStore - Marvel Legends Marvel Action Figures, Statues, Collectibles, and More!

I haven't seen them in person yet, but I want Punisher, Wolvie, and Black Widow. I don't need any of them, as I have WG Punisher x3, 2x Juggy Wolverine, and I don't really care about BW as a character... but I like the slightly different paint jobs, especially the noggins.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Those are pretty cool, but yeah, no need for me to order. In person though, I might crack.

That's where I'm at. I'm nostalgic for a Wolverine figure, but there are no "good" options. I'm pretty meh about ML figures, and the Revoltech one is too stylized for my tastes. I guess I'll continue to wait for someone to turn out a killer brown and gold Wolvie.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
This vintage wave version, which is just a slight recolor of the Juggernaut wave Wolvie is a pretty solid figure, easily the best of the dozen or so 6" wolverines I own, hands down. The vintage is just a slightly lighter brown, and it has the extra unmasked head.

Just out of curiosity, what do you find lacking with the latest ML version(s)?

They are planning a blue/yellow Byrne/Lee deco of this same mold next year. I prefer the Silvestri-era brown personally, but the blue looks like a great figure too.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think it's the claws and the paint being glossy. I suppose I could hit it with a matte clear coat.

I guess what I want is ML (or better) articulation with NECA's paint finish. Something I think Revoltech did get right is alternate hands and faces. Hasbro went with the turned down mask, but gypped us on Juggernaut wave's clawless hands.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Arise, Necrothread! Arise!

So yeah, they've got a new Weapon X Logan coming out in a bit, but that fucker is too swole. Any "naked" ML bucks with a more slender build? Something I could swap the Weapon X-y bits onto?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I was thinking a Gold/Silver Age Namor might work, but he's looking kind of jacked, too. Man, Toy Biz got the build right in '92. WTF, Hasbro? :troll:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I have about a dozen of those that I bought on clearance for customs.

There is a shirtless ironfist that's on a slender Spider-Man buck, but he does have pants.

Also note, the Logan figures are substantially shorter than most ML (as they should be) so making a Weapon X out of something else might not look quite right. For example, a lot of people have been using leather-jacket Wolverine arms with Jim Lee cyclops to make a jacketed 90's Cyclops... but every one I've seen just looks like t-rex arms. Wolvie parts just don't mix well with other MLs generally.