Marvel: Phase Three

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
In the cartoon though, there are only 5 stones. The film series HAS confirmed 6 total, right? Wonder why they did that.

It also made me want to see Doctor Strange, too.

not really familiar with the original story as I'd like, but in the cartoon they may have cut it down to 5 to simplify it. However GOTG hinted that there were more infinity stones, (1 per a original galaxy.) so there may be 7 or 9? not sure of the exact number.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Yeah, cause in Thor it looks like the Gauntlet is filled already. Not counting what has been collected so far. I always wondered about that also.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Obviously though, the colors are off. Maybe it's just the gauntlet that Odin had, and now with Loki in the seat, he'll try to get back in good with Thanos by offering it up once the stones are all gathered.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
They want it to be mysterious for now. They'll explain it thoroughly when they're ready.

<—— Captain Obvious

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
Rumor: Next Spider-Man Likely Won't Be Peter Parker | Comicbook.com

By Jay Jayson

02/20/2015

Jeff Sneider from The Wrap just dropped a potential bomb regarding the next Spider-Man on the Meet the Movie Press podcast, which he co-hosts with Mark Reilly from Schmoes Know.

"This is not set in stone guys, but I'm telling you right now: Spider-Man is not going to be white," Jeff Sneider revealed. When Reilly asked him if that was speculation, Jeff replied, "I am 95% sure."

If Spider-Man isn't going to be white than what will he be? "Spider-Man is going to be most likely black," Jeff stated. "But there is a chance he could also be Latino. 95% sure not white."

Reilly then suggests, based on Jeff's information, that Marvel/Sony should go with Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker. "I don't think it's going to be Peter Parker," Jeff added. "I really feel strongly - Sony has an opportunity to beat Marvel and DC to the punch with sort of a major black comic book movie character. Like I mentioned last week, the e-mails that leaked were perceived to be racist in some quarters. I really think that is going to play into things."

You can listen to Jeff Sneider's comments in the video below. Skip to the 44:30 mark.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ludM8L2sIRg#t=12[/ame]

The new Spider-Man is expected to make a cameo in 2016's Captain America: Civil War and will star in his own solo franchise in 2017.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Meh, I think they'd be dumb to do that. They've stuck pretty closely to the classic or Ultimate/cartoon look and he's Peter Parker, honkey nerd extraordinaire in the intro of all of those, so I don't see them mixing shit up and letting Sony fuck things up further.

In other news, Medd? Wanna fill him in on the article posting? :wave:

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
If they go the Miles Morales route, I'd like to make this a soft reboot/continuation of the Tobey Maguire franchise. That way they could play with the what happened to PP but still not have to retell the PP story again.

Maybe hint that he retired, & have Nick Fury surprised what they reveal SM is not PP.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
I doubt they'll go straight into Miles off the bat, but I can totally see them swapping him in down the line. I mean, they've got movies planned out for the next decade or two at the point, it makes total sense to wait on miles and add him in once whoever the new Spider-Man ends up being is done with his contract as Peter Parker. I mean, i'm fine with having Miles step in and take the lead eventually, but if they wait they'll have more material to pull from down the line for him.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I don't care because Peter Parker is boring. Also, this might be the only way Marvel can do SM. They need SM for Civil War and to pass the torch when they no longer have CA and IM.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I won't let it bring me down much right now considering its a rumor, but that would kill all of the enthusiasm I have for SM joining the MCU. I wanna see what Marvel can do with a traditional Peter Parker SM before abandoning the character for diversity and PR sake.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Or they're just abandoning a boring character whose story has been told multiple times.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I really know nothing of any other version of Spiderman than PP.

I kinda like the idea of a different Spiderman (non PP) in the MCU, that way if an origin story needs to be told, It will be totally fresh for me. That will make it fun for me.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, last time I cared about Spidey was Spidey 3. All the Garfield movies were meh at best.

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
I asked this concerning the Joker in the DC thread, so I'm asking a similar question here in regards to Spidey. Is there a chance that he will get a cameo in a Marvel t.v. show or movie before Civil War comes out?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Heck no! We've barely gotten B listers to cameo on AoS let alone an A lister. As for a movie, at best he'd be in an end credits scene, but I doubt it.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
I asked this concerning the Joker in the DC thread, so I'm asking a similar question here in regards to Spidey. Is there a chance that he will get a cameo in a Marvel t.v. show or movie before Civil War comes out?

Not in a TV show. Sony does not want to waste time there, (& I don't think Marvel wants to open up their TV verse to Sony.)

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
The Fantastic Four is just cursed at this point. That looks abysmal I just hope this film flops and they stop making them so that the rights revert back to Marvel at some point.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
The other FF Thing was spot on in terms of look. It just need some advance work on the face to get the rocks to move more rocklike and less foamy.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Looks-wise, only the last one should be in the running. I have no idea who any of them are besides the last guy, either.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The nerdier looking the better if you ask me. Of the five, I'd go with the center kid or one of the two on the right. I think of those three, I'd pick the Enders Game kid.