Marvel: Phase Three

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Unless you don't know what he looks like/who he is, don't bother following the link as it tells you all there is to know. He's in the movie. That's it. There is literally no other pertinent information than that.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, pretty much.

Initial rumors are he could be either a Klaue-esque villain for the Dr. Strange movie (which would just be confusing...), or (I prefer) Edwin Jarvis Jr.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Yeah, cause in Thor it looks like the Gauntlet is filled already. Not counting what has been collected so far. I always wondered about that also.

spoiler:

Apparently there are 2 gauntlets, (a left & Right) Which make the whole thing more feasible, since the avengers aren't really going to last that long against someone who can wipe out the universe in one move, without Dr Strange or someone else trying to keep the universe together.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
That's just 'Klaw', mang.

And I really think the Odin Gauntlet is a non-thing, like how Tony didn't really have Cap's shield on his workbench before Cap was recovered out of the ice, nor Hulk land in the ice next to Cap's frozen body in that one deleted clip. There's never gonna be any further reference to Odin's Gauntlet in the MCU because it wasn't *really* there, imho.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Well WTF reason is there to do that? That's just stupid and pointless. The dude wasn't even ever referred to by name, iirc.

Fuck it, I'm not changing.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I'm pretty sure Tony mentioned him when they were getting ready to head to Africa.

I like this spelling better, as it's not as cheesy. A guy named Klaw...loses an arm.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
No. Just his name. Brock Rumlow...who after his 'accident' in Winter Soldier becomes Crossbones. That's his origin movie too.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I'm already looking forward to Cap 3. Really hoping they don't screw it up like IM3.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
There isn't. And Gunn himself has said that Warlock won't be in GotG2, and that the cocoon was 'like Warlocks' and it's only fan speculation.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I'm wondering if Pete's dad is of the same race as the six cloaked guys in the Collector's montage, and whether that incident occurred on and devastated the world he found the stone on at the beginning of the flick.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The Celestials.

That was my thought too. My wife doesn't think so, but what the hell does she know.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
There was *a* Celestial in the montage, but them six robed guys weren't them, imho. I'm thinking they might have been other Elders like the Collector. But I dunno enough about the history of the Gems to know if them guys are comics-canon or invented for the MCU. If they were, I'm thinking they have to be related to Peter somehow.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Just watched Ant-man. Marvel knocked another one out of the park. Though I don't think this one will be as big as GotG in terms of box office.

Also there are two end credit scenes so stay through the whole thing.

I'm wondering if Spidey will already have been active in NY or if this will be his 1st appearance in NY as well as the MCU?

He's referred to in Ant-man, but not by name

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If Marvel can do that with their B-string (and GotG is probably even deeper in the depth chart) imagine what they'll hopefully do one day with their Murderer's Row.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I almost fell victim to the Daily Beast's hit piece on Ant Man. When it finally came out, and there were reviews that were positive, they kept reposting there's on Facebook begging people to avoid at all costs.

I don't know what happened but it was clear they were pissed at someone involved in the movie.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I don't really like reading reviews before seeing the film(s). I don't want others opinions, good or bad, affecting my expectations or anticipation.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I don't really like reading reviews before seeing the film(s). I don't want others opinions, good or bad, affecting my expectations or anticipation.

Normally I don't, but the clickbait was too much to resist. Now the sad attempts at effecting box office is hilarious.