Marvel: Phase Two

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Wonder if somehow Ultron gains control of the Iron Legion and that's part of who they have to fight?

Can't wait for Avengers 2. The first one all but skullfucked previous notions of what a comic book film could do at the box office, and who knows how much more A2 will escalate that.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I was bored after barely leaving the house since I got back from Hawaii, and decided to hit up the movies to catch a second viewing of Cap2. Was the only one in the theater! :thumbsup:

One thing that I missed during the first viewing is when Cap's in the hospital at the end of the film, his shield is laying by the bed. It's tough to catch, but looks like they fished it out of the Potomac.

And I just realized, that's 2 Marvel films in a row that had one of the main characters wind up getting fished out of the Potomac!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Ha, your right. I didnt notice the Shield when I saw it. But i just checked and sure enough, the Shield is sitting at the foot of the bed at the bottom right of the picture. They only show it for a second while the camera is panning into the room so its easy to miss.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It holds up on the second viewing. I think I enjoyed it even more, to be honest. I caught little quips and one-liners that I missed the first time around, plus little details like the shield, etc.

One thing I thought of after the second viewing, is that Arnim Zola is no idiot and surely isn't into just dying like he did. There was that flash drive that Widow took with them when they bombed the bunker that his computer array was inside… If they bring him back in a future film, it's entirely possible that in that "stalling" timeframe, he downloaded himself onto that USB drive. (?)

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
See I was under the impression that there was the chance he was on the flash drive to begin with. The tapes and such was probably the analog Zola of the past. The flash drive was him digital. Reason why I think that is it took her plugging the flash drive in to get him to turn on. The Flash drive was the on switch, rather I think, it was Zola and the algorithm, or they may be integrated together.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
See I was under the impression that there was the chance he was on the flash drive to begin with. The tapes and such was probably the analog Zola of the past. The flash drive was him digital. Reason why I think that is it took her plugging the flash drive in to get him to turn on. The Flash drive was the on switch, rather I think, it was Zola and the algorithm, or they may be integrated together.

I can get down with this^^

That seems the most logical imo.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Bt if he was on the drive the whole time, doesn't that mean he was on SHIELDs comps the whole time?...if not, how in the heck did he get on it?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Bt if he was on the drive the whole time, doesn't that mean he was on SHIELDs comps the whole time?...if not, how in the heck did he get on it?
He said he was in shield the whole time, he was hired by them. Remember the US hired all the German scientists, they stated that and than he says I'm Swiss not German!

The fact he once again stated and showed, cut one head...... tells me he returns. He said, "the" sacrifice is worth it, not "my" sacrifice is worth it when the missle was coming.

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
He said he was in shield the whole time, he was hired by them. Remember the US hired all the German scientists, they stated that and than he says I'm Swiss not German!

The fact he once again stated and showed, cut one head...... tells me he returns. He said, "the" sacrifice is worth it, not "my" sacrifice is worth it when the missle was coming.

This^^

In the flashbacks, it showed him in group photos of the early Shield agents. Probably 50's or 60's time frame.

Also, the drive was on ship with a Hydra sleeper agent in Sitwell. The whole mission on the ship was to get that drive and save the hostages too i guess :)

Ah, okay...WTH man?...how many times have you watched it? :lmao:

Or is my memory just that horrible? :D

3 in the theater for me!

Theater twice, and twice alternate methods. I'm a dork, Cap is my favorite Marvel guy.

:lmao:

Like Rexy said:

:pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
At least I did pay for it first, paid twice (took whole family second time). And I for sure will get it on BR the day it comes out.

Oh! in that case, don't worry about it. I'm sure the judge will throw the case out then :p

:trollface:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Theater twice, and twice alternate methods. I'm a dork, Cap is my favorite Marvel guy.

Yeah, I figured that :D

Yea just busting balls Med. Everybody steals media these days.

Not me...I'm too a scared!

plus I don't know how

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It could be cool to somehow tile them and frame them for a home theatre room one day. Like if you had 2 or 3 real vintage movie posters framed, and then that?

I used to keep all my stubs too, then lost them in my fire. So since then I've said fuck it, since they're all digital and not as cool as the old school tix.