MRAP's (WIP)

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ummm, not to get to far ahead, but I think I found your next project.

Turning a True Heros Blackhawk into this

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Ummm, not to get to far ahead, but I think I found your next project.

Turning a True Heros Blackhawk into this

mmmm....that would be a cool mod....curves are SOOOOOOOO hard to get right. Might be able to do that to the PTE one...that one needs alot of extending and CURVES to emulate the closer to reality one altogether. I like your'e idea Rick. I wouldn't dare do that to the BBI one its great that way it is. But the PTE one is still fairly cheap and you can still get them. Any other Idea's guys?

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters....here's my usual update....

fenders and wheel wells almost done...

The hood, front grill, fenders, and wheel wells like I said are almost done and then I will add contrast to the hood with another layer of styrene.
Next will be the doors, then the interior, then the back and then the top turrent. When thats all done then adding things like handles, rivets, exaust, steps.....you know the usual shit.

Stay tuned for more....:wave:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave: Hello fellow fighters, here's the latest....

Now its starting to look like an MRAP....I do understand that when someone looks at something, that most wouldn't, and can see beuty in what YOU can make it not what IT can become.

Stay tuned for more...:wave:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Hey Digler...

Are you using any specs, or just eye-ballin' it for sizes? Either way - you're doing one hell of a fantastic job on this. You most definitely have a true talent with this stuff, that most of us (I'm sure) would love to have.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Thanks gentlemen for the kind words...I wish that I had some of your guy's talents and good eyes. These are pretty much what I use for size and scale...

Please remember that I'm making things up as I go, pictures are the only references I have. That being said my work is FAR from perfect,(you'ed have to see Pickelhaube's or Shinobi's work for that), and I'm only emulating the Oshkosh MRAPMATV(the first version) as much as I can. I have already resized it 4 times and what you see is the final. In the end it will look alot like one but much different. It will be my MRAP a...DIGMRAP...haha...anyway stay tuned for more pics...:wave:

PS: if you want to see more MRAP reference pics and the other MRAP that I want to do, click on my name here, and look at the albums.

Last edited:

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Holy scratch build batman! I think, at one time, there was a Hummer(relax Eddie) under that thing.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters, fresh from the 'paint and primer booth' here at the 'Skunkwork labs', are the latest pics....

I'm no where near ready for paint yet, but like in all my models, I like to see the contrast between the gaps and crevases which is more prevalent with my bad eyes. This way I know exactly where I need filling and repairing.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
sweet!

What do you use for filling gaps? I have a vehicle project in works and am hesitating because I know I will have gaps and such...

Bought a no trespassing sign at walmart last night for stryrene stock after seeing you use similar. :D

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
sweet!

What do you use for filling gaps? I have a vehicle project in works and am hesitating because I know I will have gaps and such...

Bought a no trespassing sign at walmart last night for stryrene stock after seeing you use similar. :D

Hey Slaymaker, here is what I use....

The red filler is for fine work, the green is for medium holes and gaps, and the Milliput is for large holes and moulding pieces out of. They are all very different products and are used in different situations. Good grab at Wal-Mart, unfortunatly the signs only come in one thickness and the others will have to be bought at the hobby store.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Thanks! I have milliput already...or did if it isn't dried out. :D

I am gonna get started...maybe even tonight!

nath_1977

Enlisted
Jun 12, 2013
very nice, i like the output.i can tell how much effort you put into your build and two thumbs up sir.puttying / filling and sanding is really pain in the a$$ but its also one of the most important steps in kit building, really makes those nasty gaps dissappear.

keep it up!

Last edited:

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
My mind has done n' blowed up!

Why oh why aren't there companies churning out quality pieces of work like this? That settles it....Between this and the Sea Knight you need your own toy company.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters...here's the latest...

Testure is needed for depth....new turrent hole....hood mod....front grill and headlamp and marker lights

I realized that these things have lots of monitors and lcd screens in the cab...

Stay tuned for more...:wave:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Man, you really can bust this stuff out...it would take my lazy a$$ years to finish such a thing...

What glues are you using?

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters...finishing the turrent, starting to attach the doors,the stepbars are next and then the accessories,here's the latest...

This is the turrent from the PTE-IFE, I only used the ring on the bottom of the turrent...

Drilled the hole with a hole saw(dont remember the size), testing the ring with the size of the gun....

Mocked up turrent sides...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That turret housing looks f*@#ing amazing!...

I've been waiting on Pickle to make one for a humvee, but you've shown that I can just do it on my own...:thumbsup: