MRAP's (WIP)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters...I couldn't wait for the turrent to dry before I primmed it, and the doors are done for the most part(handles and filling sanding will be ongoing for awhile), pretty much I need to start filling and sanding now before stage3, the details.
I chose the Oshkosh version because it reminded me of the Toyota 4x4's in th early 80's that I dreamed of having to lift and put big tires under. I'm very surpprised at how cool it looks...like its ready for a fight.

only half done so far...stay tuned for more....:wave:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters....here is the latest....

Man, you really can bust this stuff out...it would take my lazy a$$ years to finish such a thing...

What glues are you using?

Insta cure+,gap filling and medium viscosity

Freaking awesome! Where did you get those hinges? I need a whole heap of them.

Got them from the remote control section in the hobby store.

Here is some more dev pics.....

Stay tuned for more....:wave:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
So jealous of the skill and talent level...my idea of customizing vehicles is putting the missiles on in different locations on the bottom of my rattler.

Fantastic work.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hellow fellow fighters, almost done eh,(the build part I mean). Now the question, which color scheme should I go with? I'm partial to 'Hunter Green' or just green. I've never seen one in green. But they will eventually as they get deployed around the world.
I added the step bars, antena's(not all yet), bottom bolts that attach the bottom plate to the rig.

Let me know gents which color you would like to see.

Stay tuned for more....:wave:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'm kinda partial to the Mad Max color scheme myself :)

It's mind bottling how quickly this came together...just wow...

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
the way you've cleaned it up with the putty, sanding and paint is stella

nath_1977

Enlisted
Jun 12, 2013
wow, that is fast.
i wonder, the hinge you used..is that available in hardwares?
the smallest i used is not that small..:)

:thumbsup:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fello fighters, thank you all for the cool positive comments. It wasn't long ago when I first posted my Humvee painted up, the first mod I've ever done. You all seem so shocked of what I can create ,so far, what I like. Well here is why I'm not afraid to try anything.
I have a background in carpentry and automotive, with these two skills I learned how to cut wood into any shape I wanted(thats where the cutting skills come in). I've had over 187 vehicles in my life, so far, and have extensive body repare knowledge from fixing my own pieces of shit.
One time when I was a energetic 20 something and was working on a high-rise. I was in charge of assembling the outside elevator. As I was erecting the elevator and about 23 floors up when my saftey line snaped and the force from the break blew me off my footing. As I was falling I caught my claw hammer on one of the windows on the 14th floor and as my body swung itself form the force of the catch I could'nt hold on to the hammer, but that catch swung my body into the 13th story window and I landed on a pile of insulation. I was at work the next day.
From this experience I learned that death can come at any time anywhere. I'm not afraid to try or do anything as long as my family is ok with it. Now don't forget that I'm legaly blind and that I can only see 50% of what a normal person can see. I have been told ALL my life that I can never do the things that I wanted to do. For the most part they were right, but that didn't stop me from trying. I've worked as a carpenter for over 20yrs and every EVERY time I'm asked to do something I have to prove myself.
This is normal among people and I would probably be the same, but I've proven myself over and over and over again. Many times. I WILL TRY ANYTHING at first and if I can't or have a funny feeling about it, I won't.
Yes I was bullyed for along time untill I learned to play the guitar and sing. Then the guys(my friends) began to see girls GIRLS around me, that's when things changed and I was able to get the confidence to try anyting. I don't know how old you guys are here but I'm 43 now I know what I can do and what I can't do as a middle aged man. This stuff is fun to do and my little boys love LOVE these joes and there vehicles, and that daddy can make them whatever they want.
Thanks gentlemen for the site and opportunity to show off. I don't do automotive or carpentry as much,(or at all) anymore. So this is my creative outlet and I'm gonna use it. Like I said before I have many Ideas and am able it implement them and display here for you guys to see.
If you guys realy want something from me, pm me and we will talk. I can probably put out an MRAP every 2-3 weeks cause I don't know how to cast. I'm planning on learning though. When that happens, I'd like to see every one have one of my creations. I'm also not a greedy fucker so I can start from a base line price for the work. It's up to you guys, I'm quite content with my one of a kind creations and going on, but If you guys like em, I'd like to see you all with them.

Here's Duke and Ripcord in the MRAP....

I'm not sure I like the color so....mmmm...I have'nt washed or painted anything yet...will make decision soon....stay tuned for more....:wave:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Man, that post is loaded LOADED with eddieism gold!...I doubt we'll ever see the word "erecting" on this site again, let alone in the same post as "wood" and "blew" and MANY others...

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Man, that post is loaded LOADED with eddieism gold!...I doubt we'll ever see the word "erecting" on this site again, let alone in the same post as "wood" and "blew" and MANY others...

You sick bastard...haha.

:wave:Hello fellow fighters...changed the color to 'desert sand' and I like it more that the green...mmm.

We need a jungle war. I'm tired of 'Desert sand' colored vehicles.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Great story...the fall sounds like something from a movie.

I like the new color better. :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, the new color is better...the green looked too teal-y

EDIT: you need to get to work on the 6 wheeled variant :)

Last edited:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
I was thinking the one on the bottom right, or the one at the top right. The one on the bottom left is a British vehicle. I would like to do the one whatever is the partner to the Oshkosh MRAPATV one. I think it might be the bottom right(MaxxPro), but I'm not sure. The top right one would be alot easier to do. I think that the 6x6 one is the one NSA was refering too in a pm. That would be alot easier to do. Which one guys?

mmm...just taking a closer look...I think that the tires and wheels again from the PTE IFV would be perfect... mmmm....and I could swap em for pics till I learn to cast...mmm...also I think that the 6x6 is something that is missing from the modern theme..mmm

Last edited:

Jedi_Master_Ben

Enlisted
Mar 6, 2012
I was thinking the one on the bottom right, or the one at the top right. The one on the bottom left is a British vehicle. I would like to do the one whatever is the partner to the Oshkosh MRAPATV one. I think it might be the bottom right(MaxxPro), but I'm not sure. The top right one would be alot easier to do. I think that the 6x6 one is the one NSA was refering too in a pm. That would be alot easier to do. Which one guys?

mmm...just taking a closer look...I think that the tires and wheels again from the PTE IFV would be perfect... mmmm....and I could swap em for pics till I learn to cast...mmm...also I think that the 6x6 is something that is missing from the modern theme..mmm

The best thing you can do about molding and casting is to check out Smooth-On website for listing of products and how too videos. Their products are top notch and most of the casting community use their stuff. After attending the GooCon convetion in Atlanta, I came out of there with a better understanding on molding and casting. For vehicles like the Sea Knight, use brushing on silicon rubber on one side in layers and reinforce with plasti paste II brush on resin to form a shell, then repeat for the other side. Then with a resin plastic like smooth cast 300, brush in layers or swish around the silicon mold to coat the mold until it hardens. Repeat for the desired thickness. You can also make a 2 part mold using this method if you want to copy both exterior and interier parts of the vehicle shell.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
The best thing you can do about molding and casting is to check out Smooth-On website for listing of products and how too videos. Their products are top notch and most of the casting community use their stuff. After attending the GooCon convetion in Atlanta, I came out of there with a better understanding on molding and casting. For vehicles like the Sea Knight, use brushing on silicon rubber on one side in layers and reinforce with plasti paste II brush on resin to form a shell, then repeat for the other side. Then with a resin plastic like smooth cast 300, brush in layers or swish around the silicon mold to coat the mold until it hardens. Repeat for the desired thickness. You can also make a 2 part mold using this method if you want to copy both exterior and interier parts of the vehicle shell.

Thanks Ben, very cool find and sharing.