MTF - Vietnam

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I feel like I need some of these.. but $25 a figure.. sigh. The original Marauder kickstarter was like $13/figure!

These look cool though, and I have some Huey's that need crewing.. but damn if it doesn't get spendy.

How is the quality of newer Marauder figures? Are they still more on the plastic-y toy side of things?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Just Put in my 1st MGR order. (Got some suited figures for the presidential head Kickstarter. ) So I am not 100% sure of quality but at Joe on they had quite of few Not GI Joe’s. Which are interesting on their own.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I’m hoping they do a MP from the 716th MP Bn or one of the division MP companies like the 5th division. I pledged for one figure and I’ll add maybe some more when it’s pony up time.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Any of you in on this? Seems it would be right up this places' alley. We have started added new stretch goals since all the original were unlocked. I said we because during the WWII KS, I started doing prototype painting for John and have worked the booth the last 2 JoeFest. SO much cool stuff is being developed...

Reactions: Sgt301

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I’m in on this KS as always, I was hoping for a MP to fight with Charlie in Saigon during the Tet offensive. I’ll have to pick up a couple nurses as well. Vietnam was my dad’s war and most of the senior NCO’s when I served were veterans of the Vietnam war. These pictures are ones I got from the internet but reflect what I’m looking for 🙂👍 I already have several M151 Jeep’s for convoy security or village patrol. P.S. Not everyone in Vietnam wore jungle fatigues, the regular od green fatigues with tuck in shirts had its place there too and would be a great addition.

Attachments

• 99B79985-6026-4723-AA45-1D4ADF076A8C.jpeg
    99B79985-6026-4723-AA45-1D4ADF076A8C.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 210FF076-776C-4A30-B847-065FA8D5E4EC.jpeg
    210FF076-776C-4A30-B847-065FA8D5E4EC.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 5
  • 36E6071B-3C5E-4912-9A1D-DB7FDD3E014F.jpeg
    36E6071B-3C5E-4912-9A1D-DB7FDD3E014F.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Any of you in on this? Seems it would be right up this places' alley. We have started added new stretch goals since all the original were unlocked. I said we because during the WWII KS, I started doing prototype painting for John and have worked the booth the last 2 JoeFest. SO much cool stuff is being developed...
Well since we have ourselves an in…..
I just recently gotten my hands on the suited figures. Any chance of seeing a big body, looking for the right body type for a certain Blues Brother?

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I have not heard of any big bodies as of yet...not saying never, just not in the current development plans. TONS of new stuff coming without KS. I am sure you all will love Marauder Ultra Figures. ;)

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
What are Ultra figures? Are y’all trying to financially ruin me?
Ultra is what US Military today. What they look like on the ground right now. BUT - added articulation including rocker ankle, thigh swivel, neck (I think) and chest will be new too such that you can get 2 handed pistol poses. Gear will be modular but not bodies (like WWII and Nam). Modern Camo schemes, combat shirts, new head sculpts...all without a KS. Many other things coming too (without a KS), more 1:12 weapons, tank tops and shorts for Males and Vals, new gear, a few new categories that include bodies and gear. If I can find where John said it outside the mayhem event - I will reveal it here. Pretty sure all I have revealed here he has openly stated somewhere. (I hope so anyway - good thing there is only 12 members here - LOL)

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
So u
Ultra is what US Military today. What they look like on the ground right now. BUT - added articulation including rocker ankle, thigh swivel, neck (I think) and chest will be new too such that you can get 2 handed pistol poses. Gear will be modular but not bodies (like WWII and Nam). Modern Camo schemes, combat shirts, new head sculpts...all without a KS. Many other things coming too (without a KS), more 1:12 weapons, tank tops and shorts for Males and Vals, new gear, a few new categories that include bodies and gear. If I can find where John said it outside the mayhem event - I will reveal it here. Pretty sure all I have revealed here he has openly stated somewhere. (I hope so anyway - good thing there is only 12 members here - LOL)
Are the ultra figures 1/18 like other MTF figures? I’m asking because you mentioned 1/12 weapons.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
2 pack revealed...

Hey Marauder Task Force Vietnam Backers!
MORE Marauder Mayhem! The Marine Drill Instructor and Tunnel Rat "underground fighter" 2 Pack is Stretch Goal #17! We hope you like it! The 2 pack includes BOTH figures and will be the same $25 price to add to a reward package (as with ALL Stretch Goals that are unlocked, 1 (one) set is added to EACH "All-In" reward package and EACH Mayhem reward package).
We will reveal more of the unannounced stretch goals soon!…

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I shore did! And I upped my pledge to six figures in the scout package I think it’s called. Not really needing a k-9 because I plan on putting my MP’s in a M151 for route security duties 🙂👍

Reactions: Slaymaker

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Jan '22 is less than 6-mos away. That's a crazy short timeframe for an action figure kickstarter in my experience.

I really like the drill instructor (because Gunny was a badass), but why did they pair him with a dud? I can't waste a slot for the tunnel rat guy.

I find myself needing a handful of those Viet Cong figures. I'll probably break in the next four days and pick up a six pack of figures. The fighter pilot and the Air Cav pilot are also calling my name.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
Did you see the newest stretch goal?
Loving the MP release, if you talk with MJ about this please let him know that the helmets mostly were black with white lettering, I couldn’t tell from the picture what the helmet color was. Thanks again for the information.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Well, I went in for a half dozen. I was initially going to just get a combination of the Viet Cong figures, but I really like the CIA Gunrunners they unlocked in the final 24 hours. Not sure if I'm going to slim down my VC forces or just pony up some extra for the add-ons. Will these be available to purchase down the line at the store, or is this "it"?

What did everyone else get / what are you most excited about?

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I went ahead and got the half dozen and figure to get at least two MP’s, two nurses and not sure of the last two. It’s going to be hard not to add a few more if there’s any extra money laying around 😉 I have a old toy army ambulance from the MASH tv series I picked up over the years and it will look good in a diorama with some nurses loading up a casualty. This is the biggest temptation in figures I’ve had in a while. My vehicle options are endless as I have the following: 21st Century’s M48 Patton Tank, M113 APC and M151A2 1/4 ton Utility Truck; not to mention a bbi little bird and a couple more World Peacekeeper M151’s.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Agreed. Nothing in the expensive artisan 1:18 world has blown my skirt up in recent years, but 'Nam era figures are just the best.

Even for the nostalgia wanks such as myself who are largely only interested in classic Joe, this timeframe informs the gear and looks that influenced Hama and ARAH in the beginning (you know, before the neon). It is the "army" of our early childhood, the recent battles that our dads and uncles and older brothers fought, that many never talked about. There is something about that era that is both sad and mysterious in a way that resonates with me internally far more than WWII and other conflicts.

Idk, maybe it's just recent events, i.e. Saigon 2.0, that's had me thinking about the 'Nam era a lot, but I'm really glad this KS was successful (to the Nth degree). It was so successful that I'm optimistic that maybe they'll do a second round of figures from this era. But mostly I hope these are available at a later date, as I wanted far more of them than I was willing to pay 18-months upfront for.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I hope they will have a good inventory later down the road as well. So far they’ve been able to introduce a KS and then have their website well stocked. I got in on the Valkyrie and WW2 KS’s and both were later available in ample supply at the site. I like their robustness too, I’m yet to have a joint break on a marauder figure. Some of the vests were hard to get secured and the pistol holsters are a little large but overall I’m a fan. And now this, Vietnam!

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
This was tempting but Vietnam is a little to close to home. (My wife’s family barely made it out) Pretend war toys are fine. :rolleyes:

Plus the more important thing is Maurder has more than enough stuff to keep my nitch interests busy for years.:cool:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I really wanted to join in on this.. and I loved about 90% of the figures.. but at the end of the day I just didn't need it, and the 2023 release date seems so very very far away.

I hope they stock stuff for people to buy later on, I know my vehicles need crews!

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I am slowly getting my Vietnam game together. I just ordered these “GI Joe” old school heads from RAGINSPOON’s website and can’t wait to add a couple Green Berets to the mix, 1960’s style 🙂

Attachments

• 607DFB3B-688A-4027-9011-E31FE5CFE3EA.png
    607DFB3B-688A-4027-9011-E31FE5CFE3EA.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Videoviper

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Had the AT stuff at the time, but glad I sold off the official stuff when I did & kept my custom stuff.

I have customs of
Little bird helicopter (yellow is a bitch to paint)
6 wheeler jeep
Turned the Captan America tank into a mobile unit.