MU update

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Thanks, Goldbug. I saw (and picked up) both comic packs at Target a couple days ago. No sign of new single figures, though. I'd love to get my hands on an X-23, although I doubt that will happen (at a reasonable price).

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I want the classic Captain Britain, but I could really do without the 83rd spider-man. Does every comic pack have to come with Spidey, Wolvie, or Iron Man? I'm so horribly sick of those three. They are worse than Duke, Snake Eyes, and Cobra Commander.

But I'm happy about the new single waves. X-23, Iceman, Magneto, Psylocke, Storm... lots of X-Goodness.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I went ahead and ordered the set with Mags, Iceman and the Astonishing Wolverine. I'm in the same boat as you Nacho- I'm tired of seeing the same guys in the comic packs. Iron Man is particularly annoying to see in the MU line.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Cable is an amazing figure. So is the Jim Lee-era Cyclops. I really hope that the MU line continues to use the construction on these two.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Guess I need to be on the lookout for Absorbing Man, then.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't know shit about no comic pack, but there's supposed to be a single card release of AM and his boring variant.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
There is. I actually have one on order from BBTS and the comic pack one. I don't know if the BBTS one will be the variant or not, but you're welcome to one of them. I only really need one.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I found and picked up X-23, Steve Rogers and Darkhawk on Monday. Very nice figures. For being a repaint, Darkhawk is my favorite of the group.

Edit. Pics from Bantha Skull.

Nice figure. Great articulation.

Ok figure. Articulation is there, but seems to fragile to use it.

Fantastic figure.

Of the three MU figures I got this morning, this is my favorite. I love the wings. The one claw is a bit wide, but that's fixable. Now, I'd like to see a Night Thraser.

Last edited:

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
So apparently I was lucky enough to hit a WalMart right after they stocked that Wave. I was able to snag an X-23.

I would have passed on Darkhawk, but your pictures forced me to take another look, darthdre. You're right, it is a good figure.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
No new MU around these parts. Most of the Targets and Walmarts are stocked to the gills with revision cases. One Target had 13 Gladiators!! 13! It's great if you're new to the line, as there's no shortage of figures that were formerly hard to find. But for collectors like most of us, it's just fucking annoying.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
While it might be a good figure, I'm skipping Steve. I prefer to pretend that bucky-cap never happened and just go on with Steve being Cap, as it should always be.

Commander Roger's is a cool concept, but I can't wait for him to go back to being Cap.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Commander Roger's is a cool concept, but I can't wait for him to go back to being Cap.

He kinda is now. Bucky got monkey stomped by an evil Norse god-type thing, and Steve suited up.

Also, he told Odin to man up, or piss off.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
mehh, movie garbage...that stuff is gonna clog every shelf in every aisle in every store that carries it...and right next to it will be leftover Thor, Cap and IM 1/2 stuff

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
The next wave is showing up already!

Wave 5 finally trickled over to WNY to a local Target. Picked up a Magneto and Iceman...I'm not really crazy about the look of the former.

I passed on Absorbing Man, but I'm now having non-buyer's remorse. I'll pick him up on my next pass through.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I saw a pair of AMs at the local HEB the other day, as well.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Showed up in my BBTS pile of loot today.

I didn't pre-order them, because I didn't want to pay $20 a piece for them. But when I heard that they started showing up in people's POL yesterday, I went ahead and swallowed my frugality and ordered the set. Since they had some available. Apparently either a bunch of people found out when I did, or they just didn't get that many sets in. Because there were only 13 left when I got mine.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I was just pretty sure I'd never see them here. I have no use for Wanda me or Quicksilver, so those may get sold.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yay, another Spideman no one wants.

Have to find a way to Joe-a-tize Kraven.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'm going to have to make a Thunderstrike to go with Thor and Beta Ray Bill. I don't anticipate Hasbro making him anytime soon, if at all.