MU update

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I think I will be picking them up.

What's up with the "platinum" in the names? Is that like the "ultimates" for Joes?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Any MU type of line doesn't need one single Cap, Thor, Spiderman, Iron Man etc...there's enough still hanging on pegs from all the movie lines...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro is fully capable of pleasant female headsculpts. Until it's time to put them on a Joe figure. :D

Liking that Wasp sculpt. Who the hell is gonna carry the line, though?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
My Target does as well. Last I knew they had a couple of Chucks still on the pegs. A lot of peg warmers still though.

TRUs around here do as well...but the closest one to me is an hour away.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No one in my area carries shit, other than HEB, and they're a wave or two behind. Mind, if they put out a case or two's worth of Profs I wouldn't bitch.

TrU? Officially, sure, but those sorry bastards never seem to restock.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Eh. Mine must be an anomaly. Whenever I go there (granted it's once a month if that) they have new stock that wasn't there the previous time.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I've never seen the Thor figures in any of my local (read: not that TRU) stores.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
TrU and the Post Exchange are the only places I've seen them.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The Captain America wave is on HTS. Red Skull with the long skirt and Winter Soldier with the brown shirt.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, they're in my scale of choice, so I'm sticking with it.

They're just more versatile, at least before they started gimping the articulation.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Consider me the devil or something, but I've basically given up on 1:18 scaled super heroes. I'm opening myself to the large world of Marvel Legends.

I did that about 6-7 years ago, and I went back to the beginning (i.e. Toybiz wave 1). Of course, this was while TB was still clinging to the license and well before Hasbro obsoleted most of the early figures. The problem is, I keep them all in the package waiting for my kids to be old enough to care about them.

Therein lies the problem. Still-in-the-package ML, DCUC, MOTUC.... they all take up a crapload of space. I mean a ton. And they multiply like bunnies. So my advice is to have a collecting plan, be an opener, or limit yourself to just Avengers or just X-Men, or just Spidey family characters.... lest they take over and run you out of your house. If I wasn't in the self storage business, I would have given up on 6" figures several years ago. It's funny how much more space they require than MOC 4" figures...

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
My TRUs carry MU, but it takes an additional year or two before they a catch up with the current wave...

Mine too, They get maybe one wave per year, two if I am lucky. Only store to carry MU in my are is TRU. My Targets and Walmarts only collect Iron Man toys. They never sell them so I figure they are into collecting too. It's the main reason I don't collect MU, I have never seen 95% of them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mmm, Wasp has a nice head sculpt. Hyperion's got a crazy rape face.

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Wasp's still the only redeeming figure in the wave, but the packaging is ok. I don't like it as much as the MU packaging, but it's far better than what I imagined when they said that all MU figures would be in an "Avengers" line going forward. This is still pretty generic marvel, which I like b/c I would be irked by getting X-Men in Avengers-themed blisters. The cardbacks are clearly in the same vein as the 4" SW black series.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The packaging is in the garbage 2 minutes after I receive the figure so the packaging doesn't mean anything to me. There's only one upcoming figure I care about which kind of sucks. But at least it's a good one. Wasp has a useful head sculpt. I have need of more solid black arms. And the body is a good base for sculpting.

Brickhead

Enlisted
May 9, 2014
Southern Maryland
www.flickr.com
I heard Burlington Coat Factory had the last waves.

What?! Of all places... really?

Luckily I'm getting my paycheck tomorrow :D

Also--just in time with the money rolling in--I've made an awesome connection with a notorious store that has recently acquired a plethora of MU figures [loose & carded]. I showed them my list of needed characters and they were blown away. They said since I'd be buying in bulk they'll give me a good price...

...I'll find out tomorrow!

All I'm hoping for now is no hold funds. Bastards...