MU update

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Well I got my order from TRU.com of the Marvel Knights set. The title says 2-pack and the description says in bold that there is two figures, but they still only sent me one for each order. And I can bet you can guess which one it is that they sent.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Not surprised, given how everyone has this problem no matter where they ordered from. However, I am surprised that retailers aren't noticing that the description they have on the item doesn't match what they are shipping.

"Hmmmm this Cloak figure doesn't look like a 2-pack..."

But thanks for taking that bullet for us. I just don't have the patience to get the wrong thing and have to argue about it.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I'm sure they have been flooded with complaints about it. They sold out of the set and I'd be willing to bet every single one of those orders was for Dagger. They haven't bothered to update the page yet.

I contacted TRU about returning the Marvel Knights figures to the store and I got a full refund + a $20 off your next purchase code. I guess it was worth while after all.
They gave me a 10% code, but I have to place the order by phone.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I'm sure they have been flooded with complaints about it. They sold out of the set and I'd be willing to bet every single one of those orders was for Dagger. They haven't bothered to update the page yet.

The page is completely gone now. I guess they did get flooded with complaints on it.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter

They gave me a 10% code, but I have to place the order by phone.

I used my promo code to get a 22.99 Eaglehawk :) went to TRU today and the only MU item I could find was a decapitated Captain America from the latest wave. The package was ripped open and Caps head was removed. Someone myst have needed it for a custom.:(

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
It looks like the figures will still be released as singles, which is better because I only wanted 3 of the 6 figures.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I found Dagger, Iron Knight, Nightcrawler and Omega Red this past Friday at Target. My friend was super excited as he had yet to see them.

The toy show on Sunday, not a single person had them. However, he refused to sell them as it's the last wave and was afraid he may not see them again.

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
who the hell is Iron Knight? Pics?

Black Knight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Knight_(comics)

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I really wanted the x-men related characters, especially Frost and modern Cyke. But I'm not sure I'd even know that they were cancelled, as virtually none of my stores even carry MU anymore.

the wave I said above is the last wave. they are supposed to remove Aurora and put in Northstar later on, but you may have to go online to get him if you want him.
Side note, my friend told me someone offered him $100 for the set of four (aurora, nightcrawler Black Knight and omega red) at the toy show. He politely declined.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I'm glad the three packs are gone. I only wanted Frost to complete my Astonishing X-Men team.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What does K-T need? Omega Red!

When does he need it? Right fucking now!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks Fogger! My MU collecting is now done. I grabbed a second Kwinn for a custom idea as well.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
They're ending the MU line but doing an Avengers line starting in 2014, I think, that supposedly will be basically the same stuff.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, effectively it IS.

Sure, I know the bullshit H spouted about "rebranding the MU" line as whatever fucking property had the current movie (Avengers II, then the next X-film), but I'll believe it when it happens.

They intimated that I'd be fucking sick of Retaliation waves 3 & 4 at retail but they sure as shit didn't deliver on that one.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Ah... ok. I thought I remembered someone saying this, but it had me worried.

Hell, I'm still worried anyways. :shakefist:

Thanks guys.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
They intimated that I'd be fucking sick of Retaliation waves 3 & 4 at retail but they sure as shit didn't deliver on that one.

To their credit, they have no control over retail store stock and ordering. And they have made it much easier through HTS. Wave 3.5 has seen at least a half dozen major restocks plus numerous smaller ones. I think what is happening is since stores aren't buying the product, they are slowing transferring whats left over to HTS. That's probably why it's been slow as far as releases. I still stand by my belief that by the time all stock is released there will be no more desire for those 2 waves.