MU update

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I've been looking at some Marvel Universe figures and I have to say they are really good articulation wise. I got a Commander Rogers figure and that guy has so much articulation some of it is arbitrary. Does he really need both a waste and a torso joint?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I've been looking at some Marvel Universe figures and I have to say they are really good articulation wise. I got a Commander Rogers figure and that guy has so much articulation some of it is arbitrary. Does he really need both a waste and a torso joint?

I picked up the new white spidey for a custom and I'm not sure how I feel about some of the joints. The new thigh swivels have been bothering the hell out of me.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
The MU thigh swivel works, but it's lame in design. Why they would place a swivel line right through the muscle detail, is beyond me. Just like DCU figs... turn the leg, muscle details don't line up.

It wouldn't be difficult to design the hip as a snap on joint, much like it is now, but have it swivel more like the Amazon Joe figs - closer to the top of the leg.

I swear... if I ever win a fucking lottery.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I love the joint, I just hate the execution. That soft plastic stretches permanently way too easily.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Gone now. Maybe they took it down to raise the price since it was selling. Wouldn't be the first time.

I'm guessing this is what really happened...

Or they just sold through their pre-order...

...and this is what they'll say happened before "getting a new preorder" and jacking up the price

I'd bet prof x will be the biggest retail ghost ever :(

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Well, they knew it was limited which is why they had a pre order limit of one. I tried to get a couple and it wouldn't let me.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That was Hasbro finally listening to us on Storm Shadow. Except instead of short shipping some cockknocker like Desert Homosexual Liason Storm Shadow they did it to a SS that people actually wanted.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Stupid question: why is ren SS so popular? other than just being rare, what is it that people desire? The figure just doesn't do much for me compared to ten other SS's we've gotten in the last few years. I just don't see it.

Is there something about the actual design, or do people just desire the hard-to-find figure?

I bought a couple of Prof X's off ebay and cancelled my pre-orders. Still, I'll buy every one I see at retail.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Stupid question: why is ren SS so popular? other than just being rare, what is it that people desire? The figure just doesn't do much for me compared to ten other SS's we've gotten in the last few years. I just don't see it.

Until the movie line started spewing out that ninja mold, it was the only one that seem to have a "hollywood" accurate ninja look. The details, articulation, and accessories made it an awesome figure. After about 3 years of getting the tennis shoe SS, this looked like gold. And then Hasbro decided to listen to fans sick of all of the damn SSs pegwarming and not make this one abundant.

A lot of people just don't care for ninjas but some of us still love making ninja customs.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Until the movie line started spewing out that ninja mold, it was the only one that seem to have a "hollywood" accurate ninja look. The details, articulation, and accessories made it an awesome figure. After about 3 years of getting the tennis shoe SS, this looked like gold. And then Hasbro decided to listen to fans sick of all of the damn SSs pegwarming and not make this one abundant.

A lot of people just don't care for ninjas but some of us still love making ninja customs.

The only thing I'd add to this is that he came with a lot of great accessories as well.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Is there something about the actual design, or do people just desire the hard-to-find figure?

I bought a couple of Prof X's off ebay and cancelled my pre-orders. Still, I'll buy every one I see at retail.

It's a near-perfect figure of the stereotypical hollywood ninja that comes with a fuckload of antiquated weapons.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
MU are on sale at Target right now for $7.99...yeah, it's no steal, but it's better than $9.99 (basically ten bucks a figure...OUCH!)

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Have to hit up a Target tomorrow... I don't think there are any single pack figures needed, but having a look can't hurt.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
It's why I have serious issues with that price point on MU figs. I think the sculpts are lesser quality than joes, the articulation is suspect, and it's some of the flimsiest plastic. Plus, joes come with a large assortment of equipment.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
i've been pretty happy with the more recent sculpts and articulation. I love my Thanos and Modern Thor and new Hulk figures. Not the flimsy plastic of the older figures.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yes it's sad that the sale price used to be the regular price. :(

Just think back to 2007 when the 25th joes came out and were less than $5...good times...

Have to hit up a Target tomorrow... I don't think there are any single pack figures needed, but having a look can't hurt.

Did you get the new she-hulk yet?...shes so awesome...her double jointed elbows, and rocker ankles...not to mention her sweet a$$...shed be perfect if she had articulated wrists...

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Nope.... can't say I enjoyed it during the "horror time"... I really would rather not talk about it..... Fogger might have a different perspective....

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got an original X-Force Blob that might be able to. ;)

Last edited:

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Dissapoint. I have Juggernaught, who is a good opponent for Hulk… but Hulk needs more big dudes with whom to have fisticuffs

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
WOnder if they're gonna do Onslaught? Not a Hulk villain, but he was supposed to be a big fella.