MV 22 Ospry

phyreman1914

The Unwashed
Dec 12, 2011
Hi Guys. I am new here and was just wondering if anybody has seen or done a MV 22 Ospry? I think one would look and work awesome. I picked up one of the AC 130's from Toys R US and it works nice for the price. Thanks in Advance!

Attachments

• AIR_MV-22_Osprey_Tilting_Rotor_lg.jpg
    AIR_MV-22_Osprey_Tilting_Rotor_lg.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 42

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
You're best bet at an Osprey would probably be to use the GI Joe Black Dragon propellers on the AC 130 somehow. There is a Chap Mei one out there somewhere but they are next to impossible to find.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
sadly the closest thing (I think) we will ever see is the black dragon

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, it's pretty much foreing-source a Chap Mei Osprey or make do with the Black Dragon.

A custom one would be quite the undertaking.

Or pray that McFarlane makes good on their Halo Falcon.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I hear there is supposed to be a company called SK Omega with some cool vehicles. :p

firebomber8

The Unwashed
May 12, 2012
SK Omega is a toy line that is suppose to be made by Ron Rudat one of the designers in the 80's GI Joe line. From what Ive seen it looked really amazing but I haven't heard about them in a couple years now.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Last I heard Paul Rudat is no longer a part of the project.

It's a shame, that faux-Kamov had potential.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
The Chap Mei one is a great toy, but it is almost impossible to find. And when I say "Almost Impossible" I mean that it took me nearly 5 years to find one, and it cost me a LOT of money. I honestly do not understand why Chap Mei doesn't sell this thing in the U.S. It's not a perfect scale replica, but it fits just fine with "Joe Scale".

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Didn't the Avatar toy line have something that could be used?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Chap Mei one is a great toy, but it is almost impossible to find. And when I say "Almost Impossible" I mean that it took me nearly 5 years to find one, and it cost me a LOT of money. I honestly do not understand why Chap Mei doesn't sell this thing in the U.S. It's not a perfect scale replica, but it fits just fine with "Joe Scale".

They way I've heard it is they really don't care about the US market. About the only place I see Chap Mei anymore is TrU. They've been rebranded but there's no mistaking their origin.

And the guys most likely to actually want to bring in the bigger and better CM product can't/won't contend with the supposed massive (at least for a small retailer) base order.

Something like an entire shipping container of product.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I honestly do not understand why Chap Mei doesn't sell this thing in the U.S.

I think it's because they have no outlet. The only way they can sell in the US is if a US store orders product from them. Which is what TRU does. What we need to do is get TRU to start ordering the Osprey and the Merkava.

The TRU looks like it would be a great base for a custom. How close to scale would it be? I don't know how big the Osprey should be at 1:18.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The TRU looks like it would be a great base for a custom. How close to scale would it be? I don't know how big the Osprey should be at 1:18.

This is a quick mockup. I may attempt this but it would be an expensive experiment.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

The TRU looks like it would be a great base for a custom. How close to scale would it be? [/i]I don't know how big the Osprey should be at 1:18.

Follow the link I posted above...once there, watch the YouTube link...that's a 1:18th scale V-22...near the end of the video (6:30'ish) he picks it up...this should give you an idea if the TRU plane is near to 1:18th scale

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The nacelles and rotors are gonna be the tough part.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Follow the link I posted above...once there, watch the YouTube link...that's a 1:18th scale V-22...near the end of the video (6:30'ish) he picks it up...this should give you an idea if the TRU plane is near to 1:18th scale

The Chap Mei C-130 is definitely big enough to make a close to 1:18 scale Osprey.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
1:18 WWII props won't do, either. Scratchbuilding the blades won't be too bad once a spinner is sourced.

Hell, I reckon an R/C prop and spinner assembly would work.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Not sure if this helps or not...The tilt rotor engines/connections for the wings from the Black Dragon could work with slight mods "I think". You could mod them to use something like the rotor hub from the Tomahawk or Retaliator. The other thought I had was using the rotor from the Mudfighter, you would need 4, to make the True Heroes C-130 more resemble and J model.