NECA Discussion

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I know me and Obi talked a little about these guys, but I know we aren't the only ones who buy these guys!

Personally, I've been putting more time into these guys then whatever product available from Hasbro. From a photography point of view, these guys kick ass.

What about you fellas?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Generally, no.

I've seen some stuff that looks pretty cool, but it'd just collect dust on my shelf, or live in a bin somewhere in the garage. 1:18 is it for me for now, and NECA tends to shy away from our scale generally. Interested in the Gears of War stuff.. but not interested enough to buy any.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I have the 1:18th GoW figures. I actually just gave one up to the Officers not to long ago and I'll be sending a set to XOC for review next month as well. Like NSA said, I don't mess with anything but their 1:18th stuff.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Apparently NECA IS planning to do 1:18 Lone Ranger figures.

Really no info other than "We haven't made public the particulars", but parts of a 1:18 Tonto Depp could make for a vicious Cobra Injun. Someone to really fuck up Spirit's day.

I'm thinking my Raptor reboot could be in reach. Cracked Bone will be over the moon.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Apparently NECA IS planning to do 1:18 Lone Ranger figures.

Really no info other than "We haven't made public the particulars", but parts of a 1:18 Tonto Depp could make for a vicious Cobra Injun. Someone to really fuck up Spirit's day.

I'm thinking my Raptor reboot could be in reach. Cracked Bone will be over the moon.

There was pictures ( I thought ) at Toyfair. I might be wrong. Plus they are making the horseiI believe.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Some people thought that, but I never saw any placards aside for the 1:4 and 1:12 figures.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I don't know if any of you get a hard on for NECA stuff like I do, but I just got word the local comic store will have Hicks and Hudson in two weeks or so. Consider me ecstatic.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
NECA's 1:18 stuff isn't as good as their larger figures. Like I said, these will be good for parts.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I used to collect NECA's Gears of War line of figs, but the paint apps were so hit and miss that I decided to sell them and move on. I made a pretty penny off of them.

I do have all 4 TMNT turtles, and they're the best things I've seen from NECA as far as design and articulation go, imo.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Too bad Playmates killed the line. Fucking faggots.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Neca did an amazing job with the 7" Dutch figures for the Predator line. Looking forward to the Rambo figures for First Blood in 7" scale. Will COL Trautman get a 7" edition as well? Sure hope so!

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Neca did an amazing job with the 7" Dutch figures for the Predator line. Looking forward to the Rambo figures for First Blood in 7" scale. Will COL Trautman get a 7" edition as well? Sure hope so!

I wish but NECA shot that bird down. We will be getting a Poncho wearing Rambo and First Blood Part 2.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

According to the Oafe.net review John J. isn't quite as nice as Dutch. The raw plastic skin is distracting.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The M60 and ammo belts? Wish someone would do a good classic M60 in 1:18.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
McFarlane probably wishes he could be back at the level NECA is.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, but when you're used to Joe articulation NECA is a step back.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Just picked up the new Aliens Hicks and Hudson today. I have been interested in this size figure for a looooong time, but being the ALIENS nut that I am, the decent likenesses and the fact that these actually have great articulation, I just had to get them.

The eyes are a little crappy looking, not sure what it is about them. These are a TON better than what McFarlane came out with years ago, their Hicks was so horrible I sold him off, not even a close likeness and the armor and other accessories were inaccurate.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
K, from what I can see, these figures are pretty articulated, like an over-sized Joe!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've heard NECA has been upping their articulation game.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What has he got now, 3-4 lines, two of which are sports?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Well, from what I can remember off the top, doesn't he do Halo in two different scales, then he's got the Walking Dead figures and at least one sports line?

That's all I can think of.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Just picked up "jungle disguise" Dutch, Awesome figure! Hicks and Hudson are amazing as well as the new Alien. For those on the fence, buy them there awesome!

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Damn you all! I'm still waiting on Hicks and Hudson to arrive at the store.

Also, ED209 and the Alien Queen are being made. Along with another colonial marine and Bishop.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Also, ED209 and the Alien Queen are being made. Along with another colonial marine and Bishop.

I'd been wondering what the hell was the status of ED.

Man, that scared-ass bitch Hudson head sculpt would be nice shrunk down to 1:18.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011

I saw a pre-order for ED and it said he was going to be equipped with sound bites!!

I'd been wondering what the hell was the status of ED.

Man, that scared-ass bitch Hudson head sculpt would be nice shrunk down to 1:18.

I'd buy that!
NECA's got us by the short and curlies though, they will be releasing another version of Hicks and Hudson with helmets and ALL NEW headsculpts...this time, PISSED OFF!

And while the headsculpt on the first Hicks is tons better than what McF did years back, he still reminds me of that sniper guy from Saving Private Ryan.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I saw a pre-order for ED and it said he was going to be equipped with sound bites!!

I'd buy that!
NECA's got us by the short and curlies though, they will be releasing another version of Hicks and Hudson with helmets and ALL NEW headsculpts...this time, PISSED OFF!

And while the headsculpt on the first Hicks is tons better than what McF did years back, he still reminds me of that sniper guy from Saving Private Ryan.

I can see Barry Pepper in the Hicks sculpt. Michael Biehn can be rough to get right in toy form. We need his ass in 1:18.

And that "new version with helmet" is the same bullshit McF used to pull. :talktothehand: