New M-134 With seperate barrels !!!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
A lot of guys have been wanting this for a long time. Here it is with my old receiver. Production will have BBI's new receiver.

The gray mini does not have it's handle on it but the barrel length is to scale. I can make the new barrels to scale but I think it looks a little cooler longer.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I have the Pickel minigun without the separate barrels. I'd like to make it one piece and then remold it so there would be the gun, flexible ammo belt, and 3 part arm mount.

The separate barrel version may be the version I cast in place of this. Everything would be the same as the one above except the barrels would look like Pickel's updated version.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I have the Pickel minigun without the separate barrels. I'd like to make it one piece and then remold it so there would be the gun, flexible ammo belt, and 3 part arm mount.

The separate barrel version may be the version I cast in place of this. Everything would be the same as the one above except the barrels would look like Pickel's updated version.

nice ... might need to order a couple

Roman

Legion
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts

Very VERY awesome. What about the discharge chute? Only through Pickelhaube?

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I'm not sure at this point. The chute is an inexpensive rubber fuel line that you can get at Home Depot or similar stores. I'll have to see how Pickel modifies the new receiver to fit the separate barrels and go from there.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
About time it got there! I was beginning to think it was going to visit every state.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
There are 2 different sized barrels, fat to skinny giving it a tapered look. It's also hard to usually see, but there's a 7th barrel that goes down the center of the 6 smaller barrels on the end. I'm guessing it's for structural support for the smaller barrels and to hold the rings in place since it doesn't run the length of the gun.

Maybe just need to shrink the spacing so the barrels are closer together?

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
There are 2 different sized barrels, fat to skinny giving it a tapered look. It's also hard to usually see, but there's a 7th barrel that goes down the center of the 6 smaller barrels on the end. I'm guessing it's for structural support for the smaller barrels and to hold the rings in place since it doesn't run the length of the gun.

Maybe just need to shrink the spacing so the barrels are closer together?

That would be extremely hard to do. I could use a thicker steel rod for the secondary barrel but it will not fit in the brass tube and be very week .

Roman

Legion
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
Yes I could do that easily

I'm not bitching. I'm gonna buy some either way. But the piano wire barrels at the end seem a little thin. Looking at the picture, I can see the taper, but I think the brass tube the full length of the barrel would be closer. PLUS it has a hole at the end and looks like an actual barrel.

Last edited:

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I'm not bitching. I'm gonna buy some either way. But the piano wire barrels at the end seem a little thin. Looking at the picture, I can see the taper, but I think the brass tube the full length of the barrel would be closer. PLUS it has a hole at the end and looks like an actual barrel.

I will try to rig it up and see how it looks . The forward barrels are thin but that is the only diameter wire that will go through the brass.

There are many configurations of the barrel lay out. The one picture above has the transition of the barrels right under a container ring. Many have the larger barrels forward of the ring .

So I will try to give it a try.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Pickelhaube says they'll cost $15 each, add $5 if you want brass tubing for the barrels instead of cast barrels. Each one will come with parts for the main gun, flexible ammo belt, ammo box, and support arm. You will still need to assemble it yourself.

I haven't received it yet for molding purposes so they aren't quite ready for sale yet.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Any benefit to brass over casted other than durability?

The cast barrels will be solid. The brass barrels will be hallow just like the originals and they WILL be stronger.

$15 for one gun and all the parts.

$30 for a set.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think I like the look of the stepped barrels better, accuracy be damned. Now to find out if I can get the armature to attach to the universal mount on a Huey....