NJCC

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Apparently the free exclusive figure is Salvo. Don't really care about that, but if anyone happens to go there for it. Please, please, send the vest off for casting. There's a lot of customizing that can be done with the vest.

http://www.newjerseycollectorscon.com/

Thanks Eddie!

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think those are 21st Century StG 44 magazine pouches on there.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
So who makes those figs?...it looks like they just scooped up all the peg warming w1 RBs

Kevin Watson it says. I think he did the tanks last year too. I thought they were doing Sludge Tanks this year. The figure is a mock up from what the site says. Since they are customs I would imagine they are best to stay carded.

Whomever gets me one to shoot will be rewarded. I will not disclose the bounty but one carded will get you something.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
If the past is any indication, They will make 10 or so, Give them out as prizes & let one or two of them to dealers.

Chances of actually getting one is slim. & yes they did clear out the wave 1 RBs because these are all customs.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
kev watson is awesome.. you guys may know him as krymsynimmoral. he's a great guy, just sucks he's best friends with a dick.

he's a irish kid from pa. i met up with him when i worked in his hometown few years ago. then caught up with him at the njcc. one of his buddies was helping out with his table, and kev was busy. he wanted to hook me up with a better price on something, but i already paid and was heading out. he didnt know i was buying something til it was to late.

when i say he's a great person, i really mean it. staight A class guy, big heart and loves cats..

you guys that are out of state, and a few hrs away, i'm not sure you really want to take the trip for this. maybe, if you got the time and money to spare, i guess it would be cool. you might find something you been looking for. but, it's not a big thing at all. it's small, but as time goes on, it probably could become something bigger.

destro usually has a table in the lobby. you can notice this by the scalper prices on things like ross toys. you see something that was at ross for 12, expect to see it for 30. then you know who's table that it is..

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's VERY similar. Looks like the took the top and bottom of it and added the flak jacket.

KGI

The Unwashed
Apr 21, 2013
Hey, I'm Kevin, it's my team who make the NJCC projects. I don't post here since, like Unclassified says, I'm pretty well associated on line with Hisstank, but I saw some discussion on our Salvo that I could add to without trolling, I signed up to reply.

I am glad people like the vest, I put a lot more work into it than it might look. It was a combination of bashing and some sculpting onto a Rock sized buck. We couldn't find any vest that actually fit that wave 1 Rock figure that we are using as a base (due to cost). The vest is actually molded to fit over that Rock figure, right down to an imprint of the muscles of his back in the vest. That was a result of the casting process we used. I'm not sure how well it would fit another figure.

The parts are basically the Ripcord/Skydive vest, parts from the Pitt trooper vest, assorted BBI pouches and belts, and the previously mentioned 21st century German pouches across the chest. There are currently no plans by the caster to sell it by itself, but it is always possible another caster could win one and recast it, or someone could reconstruct it.

The "Death Dealer" vest that was linked, funny thing, I made that one as well for 'Spoon to sell. I do like those loaders across the chest. That one is made to fit smaller figures, though. It was much a simpler construction, I just cut up and shortened the vest, and added the pouches. That one is, obviously, readily available.

And thanks Unclassified for the endorsement, I had not heard from you for so long, I thought maybe the Hisstank-OG13 hatred had spread to us not being cool any more either.

Hope some of this helps anyone looking for those parts.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Right on Kevin! Thanks for taking the time to sign up and clear the air. Happy to have you on the site. Please look around and make yourself comfortable and don't be shy about posting updates on the Con and your projects.

KGI

The Unwashed
Apr 21, 2013
Right on Kevin! Thanks for taking the time to sign up and clear the air. Happy to have you on the site. Please look around and make yourself comfortable and don't be shy about posting updates on the Con and your projects.

Thanks, I will do that. I did come around last year for the same reason, looking for any reaction to Metal-Head, and the reception here wasn't warm for that figure. Though most of the criticism seemed to be around my own ignorance of firearms, and installing the sight backwards on the MH prototype's gun, which I then sent pics of to the card artist, and it made it onto the card art backwards...Totally my fault there.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks, I will do that. I did come around last year for the same reason, looking for any reaction to Metal-Head, and the reception here wasn't warm for that figure. Though most of the criticism seemed to be around my own ignorance of firearms, and installing the sight backwards on the MH prototype's gun, which I then sent pics of to the card artist, and it made it onto the card art backwards...Totally my fault there.

hahaha. A few things to keep in mind with us, 99% of the forum gives honest feedback and sometimes it isn't good. That doesn't mean that we don't appreciate the hard work and effort. We actually pride ourselves on being real people who can have discussions with different opinions without turning into flame wars. It doesn't mean we don't argue from time to time, but it's more in a family/brother kinda way.

We also have a HUGE modern/realistic military following on the site and a figure like Metal-Head won't appeal to the masses. That doesn't mean that we don't have Die Hard ARAH Joe fans here too, just pointing it out. Anyway, I'm starting to ramble, so I'll shut up :D

KGI

The Unwashed
Apr 21, 2013
Gotcha. I have noticed the more realistic military slant, and I totally appreciate it, especially in the customs, the 3d print design, and camo painting tutorials (I love painting camo myself), many of which come from people posting here.

For anyone wondering, we are making 42 of the Salvo. They will be given away hourly through a door prize drawings at the show. The ones that aren't given away go to members of the project team. Even though my name is most frequently associated with it, it is really a group project. We have 2 casters, Nova and Spoon, 2 people who helped with parts, an artist and colorist, a graphics guy, several guys on the site level, cobrastickers, kokomo toys, and Marauder, Inc. I'm basically the project manager and I do the final builds on all the figures. On MH, Spoon came up with some of the parts following my instruction and I built the launcher, this time I built the vest and modded the launcher myself and sent them for casting. So the Salvo buck really stops with me.

We went with the Rock because it was cheap (amazon 4packs) and available, since there was not much in the way of Joes at retail when we started planning this figure. The pic that is shown has photoshopped decals, and no paint applied. I still don't have the decals and most of parts in hand, so the final product will differ a bit (thought it will still have the camo pants, I don't have the time to repaint 42 pairs of pants). It will be in a resealable blister just like MH was.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Gotcha. I have noticed the more realistic military slant, and I totally appreciate it, especially in the customs, the 3d print design, and camo painting tutorials (I love painting camo myself), many of which come from people posting here.

For anyone wondering, we are making 42 of the Salvo. They will be given away hourly through a door prize drawings at the show. The ones that aren't given away go to members of the project team. Even though my name is most frequently associated with it, it is really a group project. We have 2 casters, Nova and Spoon, 2 people who helped with parts, an artist and colorist, a graphics guy, several guys on the site level, cobrastickers, kokomo toys, and Marauder, Inc. I'm basically the project manager and I do the final builds on all the figures. On MH, Spoon came up with some of the parts following my instruction and I built the launcher, this time I built the vest and modded the launcher myself and sent them for casting. So the Salvo buck really stops with me.

We went with the Rock because it was cheap (amazon 4packs) and available, since there was not much in the way of Joes at retail when we started planning this figure. The pic that is shown has photoshopped decals, and no paint applied. I still don't have the decals and most of parts in hand, so the final product will differ a bit (thought it will still have the camo pants, I don't have the time to repaint 42 pairs of pants). It will be in a resealable blister just like MH was.

Really cool reading a "behind the scenes" story on the figure. It helps me appreciate the hard work even more. Sounds like there will be about 30 available through the drawings. That's pretty cool for those few winners and I'm sure the figure would go for a ridiculous price on the aftermarket. What has been the turnout to these cons? Do people get to enter every drawing if they're at the con the whole time?

KGI

The Unwashed
Apr 21, 2013
Oh yeah, it is an ongoing pool. When you pay to get in, you get a ticket with a number. It is good all day unless you win something, that number won't be pulled again. If you come in early, I think you get 3 tickets. We have people who camp out all day and ask people leaving for their tickets ans just wait for the door prizes. There is a hotel bar next to the showroom, so a lot of guys spend time in there and come out for the drawing. Last show they gave away a bunch of SDCC exclusives, in addition to the MetalHeads.

It isn't a huge show, because the promoter only lets in toy dealers, so no video games, or bootleg movies, or any of the other random stuff you might see at local shows, just toys, and mostly 80's properties. It is in a hotel, it is not as large as something like Joe con, but there are a lot of dealers and they always sell out the room and have to sell some tables in the hallway.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Very Cool! I can totally see people hanging out at the bar getting sloshed hoping to win a door prize lol.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I may need to go to this, this year or next. Sounds fun. I am only about 2 hours away. Wife wants to go to a con as well someday. Neither of us has ever been to a con.

I couldn't make this one, but I'm planning on going to the October one. Maybe we can meet up.

KGI

The Unwashed
Apr 21, 2013
Attendance was up a lot from the last show. I wasn't finished the Salvo's yet, so I set up a table at my booth and was finishing them as they were being given away. I was down to applying the decals and putting them in packages, but with all the traffic and questions from people, it still took all day.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
kev, glad to see you here.. 2 weeks ago i had to put the one cat that passed away a few years ago's sister down, her birthday was the 25th. i will never forget how thoughtful you were and how you were there for me when the other passed away. i want to say thanks for being a great guy..

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I was hoping to get a table for the show and bring down some customs and my cast parts for sale, but it didn't happen. When I finally got everything squared away and I was 100% sure I could make it, tables were all sold out. Hopefully for the October show I can get everything situated early enough to make it.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Attendance was up a lot from the last show. I wasn't finished the Salvo's yet, so I set up a table at my booth and was finishing them as they were being given away. I was down to applying the decals and putting them in packages, but with all the traffic and questions from people, it still took all day.

wow that sounds intense! What was the feedback you got from people seeing them in person? Any photos that you share?