NSA Q&A August Questions

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So I guess this means I shouldn't ask MAJ Blood to inquire about a MSG Robert S. Savage action figure in the future GI Joe waves? ;)

In a generation the bastards won't even be able to spell Sgt. Savage.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
also, did the 7 packs that were suppossed to "complete a collection" question ever get asked?...i really want to know what in the heck happened to them...
Q2: Those 7-packs, be blunt. Are these happening, or have they been reallocated elsewhere? We're big kids (literally) but we'd like an answer instead of keeping our fingers crossed that more awesome 7-packs show up as internet exclusives to help fill in the gaps in our vintage "25th-style" collections.

They answered this in the last round:
3) Are there any planned multipacks for 2011 ie comic packs, store exclusives, etc.?

Nothing planned currently.

Bah. :(

1.) Stop releasing nothing but Duke, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Destro and Cobra Commander every 2 weeks. Just about everyone can assure you that this stuff is only going to continue to rot on the pegs in all their dust covered glory.

2.) Release Thrasher, 1LT Colton, Muskrat, Footloose, Zandar, Tomax, Xamot, Frostbite, Sky Patrol, Night Force, etc with modern uniforms and equipment as was the case with POC Snake Eyes, and intersperse them in waves of 6-8 figures each. Release Frag Viper, SAW Viper, Green Shirt GI Joe Soldier and other nifty Army builders throughout these new waves as 6 Army builder figures per case, with 6 original characters mixed in.

3.) Admit the truth about Rise of Cobra being a total disaster due largely to Obamanista politics and other Internationalist worldviews, and stop punishing the entire GI Joe line and its fan-base over it. Get back to what works: American patriotism.

4.) Consider a hybrid of Transformers and GI Joe toys. An AWE Striker that transforms into an Autobot, a HISS Tank that transforms into a Decepticon, etc... Try to do them in 1:18 scale if possible, so that it can accommodate other GI Joe and Cobra figures.

Amusing and good suggestions, but not actually questions. To take the Jeopardy angle: all responses must be phrased in the form of a question! :D

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I want the 30th line to be only SGT. SAVAGE figures now! The P-40 the whole 9 yards. Screw renegades CC. I want General Blitz! *loses sugar high*

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I want the 30th line to be only SGT. SAVAGE figures now! The P-40 the whole 9 yards. Screw renegades CC. I want General Blitz! *loses sugar high*

Yes on Sgt. Savage in 1:18. More appropriate than Matt Trakker..

No need for vehicles, though. There are already appropriate 1:18 P-40s, Panther tanks and Jeeps. Hasbro would only look ridiculous trying.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I can't afford the 21st century P-40 at this time so, I will take the plane that hasbro makes labeled P-40 for now. Plus, it needs that huge ass rotating gatling gun for no reason!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
1. With Renegades getting cancelled and the short life span of the previous animations, have you considered making 1 shot straight to dvd films? Many fans enjoy the Marvel and DC releases that seem to come out every few months. A GI JOE series would be a nice treat to the fans.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Good question, but i'm sure the answer is the same as why Joe collectors don't get large vehicles or multiple lines like SW.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And how many little OVAs have they done for Marvel? I probably wouldn't buy it anyway because they'd shoot lasers and miss all the time, and the only thing that would die are snot vipers or tin-can troopers.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
good point K-T...although, they did Resolute, so there is a chance...

That was on Adult swim and not marketed at kids or anybody, I did not even hear about it till a year later and watched it on youtube. It was kinda swept under the rug until the DVD hit and the RoC came out. Of course I was a casual fan at the time and did not visit Joe sites SO, I could be wrong.

I would enjoy some Joe OVAs depending on who did them...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
If they do what DC and Marvel does, alot of there movies are PG-13 with plenty of deaths, blood and such. First one that comes to mind is Wolverine vs Hulk. That movie was badass!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Why is the IG in the new wave coming out have no camo on it? The scheme seemed to be really nice, especially for an urban trooper.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Got another:

Seeing how recently the GIJCC has gotten a canceled item to sell could this be what we can expect to see in the future instead of finding items with the same status in discount stores?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well if they have to cut paint to save a few bucks then I'd be a hair concerned. I can understand a whole figure because it's got too much but paint? I can see them saying that but it is somewhat of a stretch of a reason.

SNAKE EYES

COMMANDO
Jun 20, 2011
Western PA
Well if they have to cut paint to save a few bucks then I'd be a hair concerned. I can understand a whole figure because it's got too much but paint? I can see them saying that but it is somewhat of a stretch of a reason.

I'm not bull shitting you it's true.

Here is an example on a smaller scale you know how the club's wet-suit had a full camo paint scheme... well if they would have just made him have an all green uniform... well they would have saved enough to afford a new head-sculpt for him or another character.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I'm not bull shitting you it's true.

Here is an example on a smaller scale you know how the club's wet-suit had a full camo paint scheme... well if they would have just made him have an all green uniform... well they would have saved enough to afford a new head-sculpt for him or another character.

that hits the nail right on the head

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Now that SDCC is over if you guys have any more questions ask now. I want to have them voted on by the end of the month.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Is Zarana going to be available @ HTS on Tuesday or Wednesday?

I saw the FLAGG at SDCC, is it going to be made available at retail again?

Where is KWINN?? He was not in the SDCC display!!

What are puppies made from?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Spring 2012? We got that answer already!

Yeah, that one. I know they already answered us, it's the contradictory answers reported elsewhere that have me wanting to ask. Again. Even though it'll be duplicated at at least two other sites.

Man, toy collecting kills your brain. :(

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
You have to figure that other places are specific to the line so they may try to keep some hype going. We just reported things how they were told to us. You have to understand, NSA really grilled people about stuff there. He asked a lot of questions and possibly got some answers that were not supposed to be told.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I grilled like a George Forman!

But yeah, it's understandable. But the answer I got was very forthcoming. The HFE (Hasbro Far East), aka the people who MAKE the stuff, said it wasn't in the timetable to get the stuff out by Fall 2011. Anything CAN happen, and she said it was better to put a later tag on it, and have it ship early than delay something at the last minute. I think that pretty much covers the question.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well either way. After you guys check the front page for some updates ask some more questions if you have any. If not I'll work on the voting this week.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Any chance of an SU-35S Super Flanker(The newest variant, still in testing) or something similar to have to fight against the skystriker? I think it would be a great choice as it is a recognizable aircraft, while keeping up with the times like the tomcat 21 skystriker. It would also be a fitting choice as it is a russian design so it would make sense for cobra to use it. Also, the elevators for the skystriker and the canards for the conquest X-30 could be used for this ;)

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Something I was wondering. I have a question about the new movie toys. ROC stopped the line, We know once the new movie hits that will happen again. Does this mean the figures are being sculpted/tooled or produced now, and if so, Does the movie give them the exact look that the characters will have to be produced from this far in advance.

I wonder this because I have no idea how long it takes them to make figures start to finish.