Official Figure Pic One-Shot Thread

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
those shots are so freak'n bada$$ MR...i love being able to see the casing better...

i love the second shot...looks like the shadows are cast by the light of the gunfire...though the shadow on the backdrop, not so good...but i realize these were quick and dirty...

but the background thru the doorway/window worked really really well especially in the last two shots...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
those shots are so freak'n bada$$ MR...i love being able to see the casing better...

i love the second shot...looks like the shadows are cast by the light of the gunfire...though the shadow on the backdrop, not so good...but i realize these were quick and dirty...

but the background thru the doorway/window worked really really well especially in the last two shots...

Yup, I liked the cast shadow, but it carried over to the backdrop and made it wonky. Those were things I was testing for. My point-and-shoot does awful in low-lighting, despite an "anti-shake" mechanism that does zilch for crisp photos. I want to shoot with my girl's DSLR, but I don't know all the settings without screwing it up or spending hours. We'll see if she'll take the time to show me how to photograph my "dollhouses".

I also need to print out a backdrop on multiple 11x17s at work and then seam them together, because the one I used last night was barely big enough for the tighter crop that I took. It worked pretty well, plus I used some plastic foliage that I found at Michael's. I want to go back and get at least 2 more bricks of fake grass, because it works really well as tall grass to separate the backdrop from the dio pieces.

I also want to work out the casings being ejected from the minigun. I think using plastic window sheet from packaging will do the trick, like we'd talked about.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i'll be surprized if she doesn't "accidently" fall on yer dios :D

i'm definitly looking forward to seeing how the spent casings look flying thru the air...that could really be a killer effect...

that head turned out really well for that shot BTW

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
you know what else would look really cool, though i'm not sure how you would pull it off, is if you could get some really small beams of light to shine on it like the sun was shining thru the trees

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
i'm definitly looking forward to seeing how the spent casings look flying thru the air...that could really be a killer effect...

that head turned out really well for that shot BTW

The casings will either be awesome or awful. I guess we'll see how it turns out. :)

That figure was a great suggestion for an alternate RB noggin, thanks for that. A shame I had to pay $12 for the figure when all I needed was that.

The skin tone didn't match the Resolute RB, but it matched the Wal-Mart repaint almost exactly. Plus the WM deco works better in the jungle anyways. I put the POC BH vest on him and he looked badass, but the side wouldn't clasp because the torso is so bulky. So I tossed the proto/test-shot RB vest on him and he looked pretty awesome.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Rex that is freakin awesome, love the spent shells. The look on his face matches the setting.

I need to try to make my own dio piece out of foam. You guys are killin it. Nice work.

PCS this theme of your is very cool. Love the sniper sticking out of the hatch

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
you DO need to get in on the foam action Rick...from the very beginning i thought this would be right up your alley...i picked up a sheet yesterday to give it a whirl...

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Best I can get it to look at work with these overhead lights, cellphone camera and Office photo editor.

Jun is pretty kick ass.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Are you using monitors for your background PCS? You picked out some good ones to go with whatever those space thingies are. Is that from ET? ;)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
All you need to break the illusion is some palm fronds behind and in front of the figure. It's almost believable, but slightly off.

Check out Michael's fake foliage. I got some small cluster for about $4 and after popping them off the stem, I had quite a few smaller, "realistic" looking fronds at about the right scale. Layering them in the scene breaks it up and smooths the lighting between the fake and real-world scenery.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The first one almost works since you can see it's a clearing where paths meet. I'm thinking about making a garden table of some sorts in the back and fill it with baby palms and grasses. I think my daughter would have a blast "gardening" and I would finally have a place to take photos.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice one PCS. I agree with M-Rex. Jut adding some stuff to give more of a 3D effect with plant life would improve things.

I keep wanting to buy these guys when I see you post them.

use a cookie sheet to stage on in front of the monitor

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I was at work guys with only a cellphone camera. Just wanted to show Jun off and tossed him in front of a monitor instead of an office desk full of cables. ;)

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
You ought to put a colored light on the figure to try and match it a little so it doesn't stand out as much. It would probably take some of the gloss off it too.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
My coworkers might get pissed if I change the overhead lights to pink. ;)

Bubblicious will be getting a paintjob ASAP, not feeling the "Pretty in Pink" tribute.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dude, you set up a dio at work with co-workers around??

Brave. That's dedication.

You should get an award for that.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Dude, you set up a dio at work with co-workers around??

Brave. That's dedication.

You should get an award for that.

Well, it's just Blanket and another guy in my group who knows me well and I only had them there since Blanket delivered them to my desk. The pink doll definitely got a reaction from Al lastnight. :rolleyes:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
thats cool looking pcs...a pinkish filter woulda worked, but also just lower lighting in general on the figure woulda helped too...but being at work (ballsy) does pose a problem :)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
those look REALLY cool Rick...are they monitor shots?...its really hard to tell...i LOVE that center one...did you use a red light or is it light from using a monitor if that is indeed what you did?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks Eddie.

Just the monitor image as is, camera setting on landscape, timer so I can adjust angle and distance of desk lamp.

I have to pick a shot that matches general lighting conditions of office since it is 3 walls of windows. I'm at the mercy of God.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Damn, That's awesome Blood! Really enjoying that cobra logo reflecting off CC chrome mask.