Official Figure Pic One-Shot Thread

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
His day-glo green accents tell me he is the anti-homosexual.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Since we lost everything I figured I'd throw up a few from the begining. Feb 2010 is when I think I joined this forum just a month or so into this hobby.

I had no idea about anything. Didn't even know about Joe figures.

Here's my very first dio ever. The background was a page out of a Time Magazine I had from time of first gulf war. This photo was from a story of Arafat. I glued it to the cardboard from a pad of notepad paper bending the bottom like a stand.

Feel free to bust balls on them. I look back and laugh at them myself

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
I don't remember those and really they aren't to bad. I always use backgrounds without ppl, but you made it work quite well.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
can't say i remember them either...but really, not all that bad...it's more the fault of the lighting i think...the firsst one has the most potential if the background had been out of focus...as is though, the kids in the background look more real than the figures...

all in all Rick, it really was a great start...

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I love the shot with the kids in the street. That background is perfect! More great shots as usual Rick.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Finished up my wall tutorial (sort of, at least the basics... I still wanna go crazy making pipes and lights, etc), so I figured I'd post some of the quick shots I took. I didn't spend a lot of time on lighting or posing, and it was at 1:30am, so forgive me for that.

Shit's about to go down!

Firefly calling the shots from a safe distance.

More to come once I get a few more wall sections made so I can mix things up more.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Man, you need a street light there and that will be off the hook Rex! The walls came out spectacular!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Man, you need a street light there and that will be off the hook Rex! The walls came out spectacular!

MR, that is some inspiration right there

Thanks guys, you've started a fire with the dios here. I'm actually wrapping up on custom figures (I'm just running out of missing Joes that I want bad enough to customize) so I think you nuts on here have talked me into moving my efforts to dio scenery now.

The girlfriend is not happy.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
are they ever?...lol

so what other kinda things you planning on making...ya know, after walls...any other enviroments you want to delve into?

Well, the girl is going to disown me if I keep spending all my free time making nerd stuff. So I'm not going to get to it as fast as I'd like, but:

Larger scale stuff:

• More street walls/concrete sidewalks/roads so I can add variety to shots
• Stuff to swap out in the scenes, like a dumpster, fire escape, etc.
• Mountain cliff for Alpine and Joes (or a climbing wall for the Pit? Haven't decided)
• Rooftop or Sewer
• Interior, probably bombed-out building, factory, lab

Small-scale "single dio" things (kinda like SicDeth did):
• Jungle ruins
• Cobra throne (kind of like the Sideshow thing with 2 CGs)
• Swamp or Jungle scene (maybe replicate that Zartan/Flint Sideshow thing)

And who knows. I also have 2 Tech Deck things that I'm looking to add to as well.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I love that you use real fire and do it all in-camera. It looks great, and is quite convincing at first glance. You'd never know they were tiny 4" men and not the real 6-foot deal. Ever had anything get out of control though? Haha.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got a couple of Zippy Burns sans throwers if you ever want to reenact the very real threat of an exploded fuel tank. ;)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i'm eating ribs...i had to go wash my hands so that i could comment on that one K-T...

just f'ing phenominal!...his pose looks so natural...

one thing woulda made this better, and only one thing...red water running out from under him over the "falls"

you need to do this one again but in banner dimentions so that we can skip the voting process and make it the banner for a half a year

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I actually have the original size one, but i suck at cropping.

This runs into a fish pond, so i didn't want to risk screwing with them, as you'd have to have a pretty constant supply of "blood" to get the pic.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Japanese trading figure from Love Hina i got years ago.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
that is killer. I need to figure that out. Such a cool effect