On the Workbench

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Saw the Lahti L-39 on Sons of Guns last night, so I'll be working on one of the Jungle-Viper ones, doing some improving on it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Not much done on this one, yet. Made the leather bits look a little less like raw plastic. Painted a few bits, and added the shovel. Contemplating further mods, such as rusting up the exhaust, general weathering (try finding a dirty WLA pic, sheesh) and modifying the license plate (not sure if I want a plate, or if I want to just trim it all down so it looks like a mounting bracket.

And yeah, I need a Thompson or M1 carbine stock sticking out of the holster, but simply haven't got one to spare. Thinking hacked up Marauder Thompson may work.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Love those bikes but I don't really do enough WWII to justify at this point.

On another note, I'm really diggin this foam from Home Depot MR turned us onto.

Finishing my first piece and looking at it I realized that I could build an interchangeable dio setting on my 4x8 dio table. Use the foam for streets so it lines up with any other piece where the foam is the base.

Damn I could create a desert town, metro streets, run way with hangers as it would be cheap and easy with those big sheets.

$8.00 a sheet 8ft long x 2 ft I think. Michaels for ground scaping stuff and cheap acrylic paints. Pffff. I'm so fucked now, what did I just get myself into????

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I need to go buy a MU figure to do my Mk.I mod to it.

Jesus, buying a figure for a hand, now. :rolleyes:

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh my God, you could easly create your own long and wide WWII Era cobble streets and even cool intersections. Connect different 2 sided buildings for each corner. Ahhh Boy here we go.

I think that may be my next project. Done in cobble so it could be used for WWII or desert. Hmm if stored properly you could do a modern street on the flip side.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Might be able to trade off the rest of it for fodder. *sighs*

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm gonna go see what's available for closed fists. I say MU because I know they have the wrist articulation.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Also looking to see if I can convert this
into something like this

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Currently working on these:

Repainted some Caucasian PTE guys into Pakistani UN troops

Quick-and-dirty Chow Yun-Fat "well-dressed assassin" (done in an hour). Paint's a bit rough.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thinking I need to go over to HT and source a shitload of Viper vests, jackboots and heads.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thinking of doing a Cobra desert sharpshooter/DM. It's really a matter of deciding on sacrificing Dusty for his knee joints, allocating most of a Shock Trooper to the project, and tracking down another Captain America: The First Avenger Winter Soldier to liberate an SVD from.

Got a figure out a head and helmet combo, then accessories. Trying to think outside the box, as I've seen a lot of formulaic customs lately.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I have been toying with an idea for desert Troopers this is my build.

Head gear:German Hat or side cap Or Helmet but, I think thats boring.
Head: Clutch or any bearded figure
Torso: Modded Viper torso or Sculpted Shockie
Arms lower: 25th Crimson guard
arms upper: Shockies
Hands: Shockies
Upper Legs: 25th Dusty or PoC wave 3 Snake eyes
Lower legs: Alley Viper boots, 25th Stormshadow.
Web gear: Resolute Stalker

I just do not have time to make this Idea take from I want to do I pioneer squad of them!

Maybe Buy a Panzer IV to back them up and hitch a ride.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd ditch the CG lowers, those are terrible. I think I'd go with Para-Viper feet paired with Stormy calves. Having pieced the two together for an aborted custom it does a pretty good job of giving the feel of puttees and boots, plus there's great range of potion on them.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Para-Viper feet for sure, to go with SS calves. I am on the fence about the CG lowers. I do like the look of them... Maybe, I will try modifying some FOV Kraut arms?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd just find a better set of Joe ones.

If you wanted "accurate" DAK you'd just buy 21st ones and save yourself some work. ;)

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I know... But there so awful. I would have to rework a lot of stuff to get them right in my eyes. *Sigh* I should stop bitching and just get it over with.

I got it Resolute trooper arms!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Still mulling over paint jobs for the Type 92.

I'm thinking of doing a faux saw with cover to go over top of the sculpted one. These partially raised details are frustrating. *grimaces*

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I am making a new cobra commander and need a bald head with facial hair. It will be going on a re-worked Renegades CC body.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So I bought a few Hawks and just don't dig the legs and those wierd boots. So, I decided to swap out the legs and make a Spec Op recon team called Hawkeye. I may commision this Vamp to them and rig a predator to it, using either the wings with Skydive since it has a peg and might be easily mounted to the Vamp or the glider thing with the gatling gun.

The Hawk goggles fit bigger heads or ones with watch caps nicely

I wasn't a big fan of the Vamp, but after customizing the Corp vehicle and seeing how good that came out and seeing Fled's Vamp as well as a couple other customs i figured what the hell. It'll fit my near futuristic stuff. I like how it comes un-assembled so customizing is made easier, almost like a model

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Customizing my Type-92 for my King Cobra Spec op team or just Cobra in General.

What color should be used to paint glass, like for a mirror or the glass on the small look out things?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're ballistic glass covers over a periscope, so they're gonna be difficult to replicate accurately.

I'm just gonna do a coat of green stained glass paint over mine.

As for the rear-view mirrors, I'd get a piece of metal tape or aluminum foil cut to shape and see if it could be carefully polished to a mirror-like finish. That or a piece of chrome sticker or plastic .

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks KT.

I'm keeping the paint as is to simplify things. Most of the pte pieces I'll buy are going to be Cobra's since it's Chinese commie stuff. Figs willbe my OWA troops mostly in background.

I saw a sky blue being used by bbi on shots of the LAV on Foxhole Toys. I do like the reflective sticker idea for mirrors.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Got some super duper shade of grey paint today for the Type 92, and am contemplating if there's any way to get it and olive drab on it without it looking like shit.

Really wish this thing had an enclosed turret, as I'd love an AT-3 launch rail on this thing. The thermobaric warhead variant is just the thing Cobra would use against OpFor.

Last edited: