On the Workbench

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Some judicious clipping of the SVD scope would work.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Working on a Vietnam Era XM21. Basically an M14 with a Sionics suppressor and an AN/PVS-2 starlight scope. The scope will be an approximation, but should be "close enough for government work".

Just need to cobble together a Low Light custom, eh?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
There's a guy over on HT that has cast the Shocktrooper rig, but got rid of the pouch loadout on the bottom. He said they'd probably be $3 each, and will be cast in a flexible material.

I'm gonna grab a few from him for sure, but thought I'd toss it out over here too in case anyone else was interested.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That's pretty cool if you wanted to add you own load out...though pouches aren't super easy to come by...so now maybe that dude should cast a variety of pouches and such

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Good ones that might pass for 30rd M16/M4 or AK mags certainly are.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
That's pretty cool if you wanted to add you own load out...though pouches aren't super easy to come by...so now maybe that dude should cast a variety of pouches and such

Drop me some pics of what ones you think are rare now, and if I have them, I'll see if I can send them to him to cast up. He's pretty cool and willing to cast just about anything.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There's a guy over on HT that has cast the Shocktrooper rig, but got rid of the pouch loadout on the bottom. He said they'd probably be $3 each, and will be cast in a flexible material.

I'm gonna grab a few from him for sure, but thought I'd toss it out over here too in case anyone else was interested.

Nice! Eddie's got a good point

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wish someone would sculpt/modify and cast up some oldschool flak vests.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm thinking something like the M1952A or M69 flak vests.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Nice! Eddie's got a good point

I just suggested to him to cast pouches and thos gloves you use on some of your figures Rick! I also suggested the other day to add the ball cap that comes with the Rebel Fleet Trooper...someone over there used it for a custom and it is very cool. I had no idea Rebel Troopers wore ballcaps when they weren't wearing their bicycle racing helmets. :p

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I just suggested to him to cast pouches and thos gloves you use on some of your figures Rick! I also suggested the other day to add the ball cap that comes with the Rebel Fleet Trooper...someone over there used it for a custom and it is very cool. I had no idea Rebel Troopers wore ballcaps when they weren't wearing their bicycle racing helmets. :p

There were a few of them in the ceremony scene.

It was mostly because they had run out of helmets, and threw the hats on the guys in the back of the crowd hoping no one would notice.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't recall what that one looks like.

Needless to say it would just be easier for someone to make and cast one. :D

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
You could trim the pouches of the resolute troopers vest. I did that for some S.T.A.R.S. customs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It would still require a hell of a lot of sculpting work.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I don't recall what that one looks like.

Needless to say it would just be easier for someone to make and cast one. :D

Yeah. Gung-Ho's vest wasn't 100% but it is close enough for now.

I suppose if you REALLY wanted an accurate flak vest, you could find some of those 21stC Vietnam figures and hollow outan upper torso to get a useable vest.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd have to see if the original Vietnam figures had a flak vest, but it would be an expensive figure to destroy for an ill-fitting vest mod.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Started on the first corner piece to marry up with the foam street and intersection I made. Did a little multi-tasking. My office desk had well...., work on it so I noticed the ironing board out for the recital tonight and bam, instant work bench.

So we will have the curb and concrete sidewalk. Building will be 18 x 24. Going big to eat up alot of background. Will be two stories and a working roof. will use foam core for interior walls on each level. This is going to be one bad mutha.

doing in stages so I can use along the way. Like now, I'm going to paint and finish up the sidewalk and curb so I can use immeadiatley. Then the two facades then the interior and roof.

Thinking early 1900's large granite blocks. Don't think I want to do brick. I want to do some type of decorative lentel stones above the windows. Hmmm.

Whole thing will be on 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch stilts so when in place it will automatically be raised above the street the height of the curb.

Attachments

• IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1153.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1154.jpg
    IMG_1154.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 16

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just decided that a '66 Catwoman is in my skill set, so I'm on the hunt for a MU female buck in all black.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Go the ST lowers and Ripcord knees successfully installed. Paint tomorrow, so maybe an update to the customs thread. I'm gathering accessories and parts together. Need to figure how to attatch the upper section of Ripcord's web gear to the Bbi belt.

Need to gather a few more parts, couple of baseball grenades, one or two smoke grenades, a flashlight and a (sheathed) knife. If anyone's got any of that LMK, rather trade for them than do a special Marauder order!

Also need to figure out how to get my back pack built.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

I thought about Psyloche (hell, saw a few yesterday), but I want a buck that's acompletely black IE: MU Black Widow.

Anyway, that's back burnered for Rockblock.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
3 projects going currently

After seeing wry1's recent customs displayed I realized I had these 3 old firefly & Beachead figs laying around and decided to use them to completely revamp my MAS3 team.

This thing I've picked up and put down a dozen or more times, but once I saw Keepitclean's recent version I had to make a move.

And again after seeing wry1's recent post with beachead and seeing the new Retaliation 3 pack had him with a flag and Ranger patch I was inspired to do something particular to him. I've used his base for alot of stuff and wanted to focus on him.

I'm about 80% done on these.

Any comments good or bad welcome as well as anything you think I could do to improve in your opinion.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That last one is fantastic Rick (as are they all)...but I love the drybrushing on the BH figure, especially on the harness

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Now that Rockblock is a gun, feed track and name change away from being done i'm looking at the custom list trying to figure out where to go next. Really have don't have the parts for any of them but what else be new?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ok here it is. My little pet project. Why not.

www.thefreedomcrusades.com