Renegades Storm Shadow

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
So I have a Ren SS still MOC...and with the Ultimate SS coming out in wave 3...

I wonder do I sell off the Ren one now and get the ultimate one? I am going to start selling off a bunch of my collection late this month (most is loose complete - but have a few MOC yet) seems useless to have them just in baggies or boxes. I always have liked SE and SS but I don't need 50 versions of each. Ebay has Ren SS for around $50...that is almost 1/2 of wave 3's cost...

I am curious to what you all think...

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
IMO I think Renegades SS has lost it's value with the red ninjas and dark ninjas using the same basic mold. Hell, for 50 bucks you could buy 6X the figures in couple of those ret. 3 packs, have a ton of fodder, and get the accessories for a Renegades SS. The only thing you'd really be missing would be the throwing spikes/stars/dart, longbow, and alternate head.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
IMO I think Renegades SS has lost it's value with the red ninjas and dark ninjas using the same basic mold. Hell, for 50 bucks you could buy 6X the figures in couple of those ret. 3 packs, have a ton of fodder, and get the accessories for a Renegades SS. The only thing you'd really be missing would be the throwing spikes/stars/dart, longbow, and alternate head.

So you say sell then? That is what I am leaning towards...it may not go for $50...but more that just sitting in a box. I think the price will drop more with ultimate SS...

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I have the same basic problem, but I'm looking at it as "I like the figure, but the new Storm Shadow is going to kick ass, might as well hold on to him". But of course mine's loose and has articulation cuts.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Well, if the ARAH accurate one is the deco you desire, what's the point in keeping him unless you would use him for customs purposes...

I say sell him...if I knew where all the stuff was that went to mine I'd sell him too...

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
I have one spare MOC one I got some time back,not sure if I will worry about selling him but maybe hold onto for trade.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Wish I still had an account on the stank then I could scalp trade him for stuff I want...I've got one opened and two MoC

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011

That's pretty much what I did, sold a few of the Ren SS and picked up a handful of the dark ninjas.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I am an ARAH F.A.G. galore, but I prefer the 30th/Renegades SS to the upcoming one. I prefer the entire sculpt better, especially the covered arms.

Not sure what you paid for it, but I got mine at BBTS when they first came out. The figure is worth $10, open it. It's a toy, not silver or gold.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Everything they've shown at Cons will come with him, or we will get less than what is shown. The latter being more realistic.

As for if you should sell him? Do you have another now? There is a difference from this one to the new one, and I don't think the Red Ninja release has killed his 'value' on the secondary market. Even after the first release of RNs, I have sold a couple of USS' for close to the $50 mark. Even now, he goes for almost $40...which isn't too bad.

Obviously, it's up to you in the end, but I don't think he's as similar to the upcoming SS as people seem to think.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Only have the 1...and actually got him for 1/2 price when TRU had them buy one get one 1/2 off and listed on the site as the other SS...I traded one away and still have this one...

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I'll have to look at it again..maybe I will keep it and turn it into the Joe version of SS. :D

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
Wish I still had an account on the stank then I could scalp trade him for stuff I want...I've got one opened and two MoC

^This if you have some wants for your collection. If you're looking for straight cash go to eBay

Even after the first release of RNs, I have sold a couple of USS' for close to the $50 mark. Even now, he goes for almost $40...which isn't too bad.

Man speaks the truth. For the most part he goes for $40-50 carded and loose he's $30 to 40.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...cat=158679&LH_PrefLoc=0&_fspt=1&LH_Complete=1

Krisk

Enlisted
Feb 17, 2012
I am keeping mine, MOC even....I dont know if I am going to buy the next wave...

I like the SE from a couple figs back(the one that came with the extra head)
I like Rene SS
ehh...Cobra Commander is what he is..

so none of those guys really worth buying the "Ultimates" of course once they hit, I will prolly be crawfishing out of it and buying them anyway, sheer joy of seeing figs on pegs again! haha

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Speaking of Ultimate figures, I want a damn ultimate Destro. Fuck the commander.

:)

(unproduced)

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
That's a fairly straight forward custom. I think the most difficult part would be the soft goods.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Joepackage, A former package designer from Hasbro is posting some of his stuff. on voldermort. That's where the image came from. It was almost a TRU IG multi pack, some of the figures were later used by the club.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Anything else of note?

Yes that whole thread.

Starts with Snake Fries (Mr potato head Snake-Eyes)
Then goes into production samples
artwork
stories of how/why Hasbro does what they do. (Lots of insight behind the scenes.)
Basically the club uses rejected designs that hasbro designed (See their IGs) So how much the club actually designs is in question.

Definatly check out the thread as its one of the only things worth reading there right now.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-toys-modern-general-discussion/355692-former-joe-designer-coming-out-hiding.html