Review: Lifeline (GI Joe 30th anniversary)

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Figure:

Here is arguably one of the more anticipated figures of the 30th anniversary line and for good reason. Hasbro did a pretty good job with this but the accessories are what make it top notch in my opinion. The figure has articulated wrists and removable knee pads like many others do with this line. One issue is the letters end at the knees so it's best to leave the pads on.

He comes with some great gear. Defibrillator paddles, an oxygen tank and mask, stabilizer board, medical pack, IV drip, vaccine gun, knife, helmet, pistol and assault rifle.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Accessories:

With all this gear where does it go? Well, this is one figure that can actually carry a good portion of all it's items. He can carry his pistol, vaccine gun and knife on his person while holding the assault rifle.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Accessories:

The defibrillator paddles and IV system fit in the medical pack and it's able to close. That just leaves the oxygen tank with the mask and the stabilizer board.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Very cool, just wish they kept the alternate helmet. Looks like he'll need a teamate to help carry it all. This stuff will be cool for my para rescue guys.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Excellent review, MB! He was definitely 1 that I waited for since the beginning of the 25th line and I'm glad that it wasn't until now that he was released, b/c I have no doubt that the 25th version couldn't have held a candle to this one.

I wish they would have given him the parachute that he was shown wearing early on. Hopefully, we'll see it in the Retaliation line. Surely, they wouldn't make a new mold like that and not use it...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice review, MB. Still think his accessories will be better served paired with a realistic combat medic custom.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
He will probably get a dye job before painting so when the paint wears it'll be a dark spot and not a bright red one.

IF I find one, that is.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Think I may mix green and black, though black alone may work.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I got everything but the board and the few items he carries on his person into the case. There's plenty of room for the oxygen mask as well, if you're careful.

Still disappointed on a few things: without his helmet, that Kim Jong Il haircut looks awful. Boy needs some sideburns. The missing UE on his "Rescue" is just cheap and lazy and looks weird. And I wish they'd update the hinges on the cases. With all that awesome gear, I'm afraid to do much opening and closing due to those cheap hinges they continue to use.

Even with all that, he's still one of my favorites. I do put the pistol on his chest though, since that syringe gun looks ridiculous in that holster. Also, my inoculation gun had the tip damaged, so it doesn't snap into the holster properly. I'm going to try and build it back up with super glue.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
What is that long white thing attached to the body board in the first few pictures? A strap? A thing for the IV to hang from?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I am seriously thinking of repainting mine to fit in with my desert team... :cool:

Olive drab utilities for me.

I was thinking green or brown. Brown doesn't seem to dye correctly though.

Brown probably wouldn't take well on that red plastic.

What is that long white thing attached to the body board in the first few pictures? A strap? A thing for the IV to hang from?

Strap. It should technically come with more.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Olive drab utilities for me.

I'm hoping we see this guy repainted for Retaliation in green, or a second medic as a new character with a new head. That'd rock. Maybe throw in the para-gear there?

one of my faves from this wave...already made a few mods to mine...

I still need to make some mods to mine, too. I just haven't taken the time to do it. I plan to repaint his hairline (to fix his lack of sideburns or normal hairline near his ears) and to either remove or paint those white strips between his pockets. I'm also going to paint his kneepads red to match his legs and fix that "UE". I'm not sure what else, but I'm sure I'll fix some other things once I get LL on the cutting mat.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'm looking forward to seeing the mods, MR!

Heck, when is the last time you did any custom work? It's been awhile...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
6 months? I've got a whole bunch of parts lined up from SDS, although with Hasbro releasing about 10 figures I either had previously done as customs or had lined up to make (with parts that I now don't need... sigh), it knocked some wind out of my customizing sails. I also had to clean up my work station for visiting friends (since it's messy and is in our guest bedroom), and then never got it back out to finish things up.

The girl's out of town this coming week, probably a good time to start back and knock out a few before I have to pack it all back up again.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Tonight I hope to get Scarlett and maybe a Techno Viper done. I may try for Tunnel Rat instead. Time is not on my side unfortunately.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
heres what i did so far...i cut some the material away from in between the pockets on his chest and painted the in between areas red...also painted hi belt buckle silver...then i put a RoC Hawk harness on him and the classic backpack thing...not sure if i'm gonna mess with the lettering, or lack there of, on his knee...

Zombie Viper must not be worth LLs effort...

Attachments

• IMG_2397.jpg
    IMG_2397.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2401.jpg
    IMG_2401.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2402.jpg
    IMG_2402.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I still don't know why his kneepads are a different shade of red than the rest of him. I still need to paint those up, that bugs me too much. The rest looks good.

I tried that same harness on LL, but I'd tried it on my old LL custom. I already painted the holster white, and the straps silver, so it looked odd having two white holsters side-by-side like that. I may try Dusty's harness from this figure:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/11/dusty13.shtml

I plan on using him for a custom anyways, so it's not a big loss. And the colors are fairly neutral, so it'd work well enough I think.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Nice mods, Eddie!

MR - I plan on using the Renegades Snake Eyes backpack straps on LL. You might want to paint them (I know I will), but the detail is amazing compared to any other backpack straps out there, IMO.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011

And technically it should come with something for the IV to hang from, is LifeLine supposed to hold the dam thing?

And for what it's worth, if I get Life Line (which I hope too), all I want is his gear. If any of you get one and don't want the gear, let me know, I'll buy it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
WTF is he supposed to do? Mouth to mouth?

Oh… you'd like that wouldn't you?

:D

HAH!...

you've seen Walking Dead...there are tards out there that think they can be saved :rolleyes:...its those doctor types and their big egos thinking they can do anything, even save zombies..."HE'S JUST SICK!!!...he just needs medicine!"

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm hoping we see this guy repainted for Retaliation in green, or a second medic as a new character with a new head. That'd rock. Maybe throw in the para-gear there?

I wouldn't complain about that.

And technically it should come with something for the IV to hang from, is LifeLine supposed to hold the dam thing?

I suppose, technically, an assistant could hold it.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
heres what i did so far...i cut some the material away from in between the pockets on his chest and painted the in between areas red...also painted hi belt buckle silver...then i put a RoC Hawk harness on him and the classic backpack thing...not sure if i'm gonna mess with the lettering, or lack there of, on his knee...

Zombie Viper must not be worth LLs effort...

You know this figure can be turned into a para rescue. The shape of the shoulder pockets match current military. Change to more of a hiking sneaker. Cut the stuff off and apply them to a ST or Our War vest, get his load out on, paintem up and bamo. That's why the other helmet would have been perfect.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I heard someone say the headsculpt reminded them of Hugo Weaving, I say he looks like the T1000 guy from Terminator 2.

Fogger, BL4CK5H33, I'll keep both of you in mind.