Road To Joe Con (a little drive thru the south)

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
hi all, i thought i would start a thread about the trials and tribulations of getting from kansas city to orlando florida for my annual pilgrimage to Joe Con. I am currently drinking beer and packing, so i can drive to alabama hung over, i'll never learn.

anyway, i am going tomorrow because this is suppose to be my honeymoon with my new wife, so there will be all kinds of adventures to be had. hope you enjoy the travel log and as soon as i get to my destination, i will be there to give you hour by hour coverage of the con. if you have something you want me to cover or seek out, please let me know! i give you more details as i go, but fo now, i got's to finish packing. all my plastic is packed, but i think i should take clothes too. though, with all the unshowered nerds there, i highly doubt fresh threads matter. blah blah blah, hope you peeps enjoy the ride, avac.

oh, sorry, i don't do caps on my sentences, it hurts my flow (brain). i'll work on it if it bugs y'all.

quick photobucket link so far.....
http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn66/cobraavac/JOE CON 2011/

packing picks:

Attachments

• fight1.jpg
    fight1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 21
  • fight2.jpg
    fight2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 23
  • fight3.jpg
    fight3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Yea, I saw some of those golden shower holders comments. That whole thing is asinine. I understand it's only so many but they allow so many more to be bought with that ticket. It's like they want you to resell it. Too bad Joe Con pretty much stays on the east. I wouldn't mind checking it out once. That and the craziness of SDCC.

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
Yea, I saw some of those golden shower holders comments. That whole thing is asinine. I understand it's only so many but they allow so many more to be bought with that ticket. It's like they want you to resell it. Too bad Joe Con pretty much stays on the east. I wouldn't mind checking it out once. That and the craziness of SDCC.

asinine indeed. the mufuggin' line for the rest of us is going to start at 2 in the afternoon on thursday. 4 to 5 hours before it starts, not so bad if you consider the hell that is sdcc. a hell i want to experience someday of course. :D

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Any chance we can get a virtual tour of the lab one day AVAC? I'd like to see what type of set up you have one day especially for those vehicles you do.

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
well, i'm gonna take some orders based on the hellraiser prototype and my other products. i actually scored a booth this year with some other cats. i plan to post this bad boy soon. :p

ready to be packed pic:

Attachments

• fight4.jpg
    fight4.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 17

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
Any chance we can get a virtual tour of the lab one day AVAC? I'd like to see what type of set up you have one day especially for those vehicles you do.

it's in the works major, i plan on showing all the tools i use, a tutorial i guess. i'm betting the lab will show up then. i just got a flip, so i'm all aboot it, as soon as the con is over.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Looking mighty fine.. can you make us some SCUD-II launchers please? :)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That guy makes utter garbage look good. Damn...

Still too small. ;)

Anyhoo, what i need to know:

What in the hell is up with the distribution? I feel like i'm back in 2008.

What i need you to do:

Spike any HTers food items with laxatives.

What?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
well, i'm gonna take some orders based on the hellraiser prototype and my other products. i actually scored a booth this year with some other cats. i plan to post this bad boy soon. :p

ready to be packed pic:

WTH have you been hold'n out on us...clearly its been done and no thread update?!...for shame! :p

if you get to ask questions, ask why in the f*@# they choose to bring back the worst cast member for the sequel that'll never happen

Last edited:

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
Yeah eddie, I. Have been holding out. :) I will be showing it all real soon! I am currently just north of the arkansas border. Will upload some pics when I get to civilization (aka out of arkansas).

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
Avac, I just upload to photobucket from my android and then paste the links. It's so fast, I actually hate getting the real camera out these days.

got it done.

have fun !! dont ignore your wife to much :)

thanks man, tomorrow night is romantic beach time. there should be some attention there. :D

long drive tonight, i'm in tupelo miss, tired as hell. i stopped by this crazy store on the side of the road and picked up some toys and took some pics.

there are more here on photobucket. i'll explain them later, gotta sleep, enjoy....

Attachments

• shaggin wagon1.jpg
    shaggin wagon1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 16
  • shaggin wagon2.jpg
    shaggin wagon2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 11
  • toyshop.jpg
    toyshop.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 19

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dude if any of those trucks were 1:18 and you passed them by,.. so help me Cobra..

The Tonka stuff isn't strictly 1:18, but more than a few will work with Joes.

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
Dude if any of those trucks were 1:18 and you passed them by,.. so help me Cobra..

a lot of them were dude, and they were cheap as hell. despite having a jeep liberty, i have very little space left. as my wife so kindly reminded me off. :) it's very likely that i will be retreading back the same route and will be able to comb over it again. it looks like a junk yard from afar, but as you get closer, it was quite pristine and organized. the owner looks like uncle jesse from the dukes of hazard and he wears what looks like a ripped up vintage race car pit crew suit. He was nice old coot, and web savvy.

the toy i got is a $3 fisher price toy from 1977. i want to convert it into a swat van of some sort, but it's so funny how it is now though. i could do a hippy dio where they are all passing a phat one around a campfire, while assassins sneak up on them to slash and dash. stupid hippies.

i am eating the best biscuits and gravy i've had in a long time in a crappy comfort inn. the south don't mess around, it comes to cookin, y'all.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
biscuts and gravy sound sooooooo freak'n good right now...

my fave thing in that pic is Dave Thomas from Wendys...RIP

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
Long day on the road fella's. I am now in St. Augustine Florida in a Best Western, finally getting my drink on. I am enjoying a Crown and Seven and am damn glad not to be in a Jeep.

I saw a lot of cool shite thru Alabama and the panhandle of florida, but none as cool as breaking my Ross hymen in Montgomery. Now i know some of you have Ross around your area and the excitement is gone, but for me, it was quite orgasmic. I got a good haul, and i even picked up the stupid target jet pack which completes my set of 4 from Ross hook-up. 2 marrs packs (which i never saw, but own a canadian set), a Rage ,and a black hiss.

I also got to take some pics of a AH-1 Cobra pinned down like an insect. That had to be fun to fly, i love those choppa's.

Some pics of a wal-mart included too. Numerous giant toy aisles, no joe except for the clearance isle: one poc wv1 duke for 9.99 and 13 mole pods for $17 + tax. What a steal. Shop for less folks.

Here's some pics and the Photobucket has been updated, i'm checking in!:

Attachments

• ross1.jpg
    ross1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 5
  • ross2.jpg
    ross2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 8
  • walmart1.jpg
    walmart1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 7
  • walmart2.jpg
    walmart2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 9
  • walmart3.jpg
    walmart3.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 8
  • cobra1.jpg
    cobra1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
heh...i've seen that choppah too...when we visit the in-laws in Biloxi, we always end up going on day trips to Florida...cutting thru 'Bama on the way...fun times...if you get a chance, head down to Gulfshores 'Bama and hit up Lamberts...is a restaraunt that shouldn't be missed