Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis

scruffyronin

Fighting to save the day
Dec 31, 2012
Quezon City
scruffyronin.deviantart.com
Thanks guys!

It's easier than it looks. You just have to get fancy with masking tape widths and plies and where you want your straps to go. For the locks, you can snip off the locks from unwanted old vests and glue them where needed. The pouches are cardboard wrapped with masking tape horizontally then vertically with additional slack for the pouch flaps. I stopped using styro because the superglue that sipped through the masking tape dissolves the styro from the inside, haha.

scruffyronin

Fighting to save the day
Dec 31, 2012
Quezon City
Right?! ^^^

What are using to make such beautiful looking concrete?

Plaster, but I add a few drops of india ink in the water so they'll be gray inside and out, just like real concrete.

Before I discovered that simple technique, there'll be white spots sticking out from the chipped walls and such that I made and it bugged the hell out of me.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I'm guessing you don't care to elaborate huh?...trade secret? :)

Is there a link to a tutorial or anything you could share?

Seriously, Eddie? :D

Just mix plaster of paris as you'd normally do, but with a few drops of india ink added to blacken the water and therefore tint the plaster to the desired shade of grey. :)

For molds I've used a large plastic blister from a toy package, but you could just pour it straight onto a plastic sheet and let it dry before breaking it up into little bits.

Voila, instant rubble!

Last edited:

scruffyronin

Fighting to save the day
Dec 31, 2012
Quezon City
Seriously, Eddie? :D

Just mix plaster of paris as you'd normally do, but with a few drops of india ink added to blacken the water and therefore tint the plaster to the desired shade of grey. :)

For molds I've used a large plastic blister from a toy package, but you could just pour it straight onto a plastic sheet and let it dry before breaking it up into little bits.

Voila, instant rubble!

Yes, indeed!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I think what Eddie is asking, is how particular items in the picture were made using the plaster. Like in the picture below, The concrete block the metal pole is fastened too. Was it premade with cardboard than plaster applied and smoothed, or was the entire thing made in a mold. At least i think that is what he is asking, cause i am wondering the same thing myself. The work here is Outstanding!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
This guy ^^^ gets me...I mean, just look at the background!...all those walls, windows, crumbled walls...is the foam board used?...is regular drywall used?...what kind of combination of materials is getting such fabulous results?

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
This dio set is outstanding! Hope you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to make & how much did you sell it?

scruffyronin

Fighting to save the day
Dec 31, 2012
Quezon City
This dio set is outstanding! Hope you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to make & how much did you sell it?

4 1/2 days, I think. It's the biggest and the fastest play set I've ever completed.

I started cutting and everything on a Saturday morning and was putting the finishing touches come Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I painted everything by hand and if I had an airbrush and a blow drier I could probably shaved off a day or two.

I didn't ask for too much to build it, just enough to cover the materials and maybe some fastfood with the kids. I wanted to be part of the promotion and G.I.Joe history more than anything.