Sideshow Collectibles Joe and Cobra figures

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Well, I ordered my first Sideshow figure. The First Release Snake Eyes. Got the exclusive addition. It's been a while since I have been into 1/6th scale figures, besides the one or two Dragon figures a year. Who makes the Best bodies these days??

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
If you could that would be great! I have some mods in mind. I just need a spare body.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I used the True Type advanced on mine. At the time you could get the Obama body cheap, I'm not sure if that is still the case. It didn't matter because the body is covered with clothes.

The V1 And V2 feature the TT slim body. The movie version is stock.

I'd say the ART FIGURES hold their own with the Hot Toys figure. I'm really happy with these...

[URL=http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/keenan42/media/12%20inch%20figures%20and%20customs/expendibles091813001_zpsc5ea50e3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u468/keenan42/12%20inch%20figures%20and%20customs/expendibles091813001_zpsc5ea50e3.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I like that Statham figure but careful that beret will stain his head.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Got my Hot Toys Buck in the other day. Now to get the time and mod that sucker.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I switched the sideshow body out for the Hot Toys Slim True type body. The head on Snake Eyes is loose and the hand pegs are of a different style peg. IS there any fixes for this problem with out cutting or major modification?

Thanks in advance.

SR_501,
Here's what I found. I did dremel out the arm for the larger Sideshow peg...

As for the neck ball, I would simply use a dab of Krazy glue and pop the head back on. Now keep rotating the head so it doesn't get locked in place. once it dries there will be a film or skin that will make it tight.

Anything else let me know.

Here's an update to my Sideshow Indy- Added a shrunken statue head, Hot Toys jacked (weathered and sanded. Also removed the lining). He's got a Hot Toys slim body.

Ordered him a Hot Toys shirt as well- the SSC one started to rip.
Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Went and reworked the neck...

Last edited:

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
I'm pretty pumped for Storm Shadow to come out next month, then I'll have to pick up that crazy temple environment... damn things huge! Cant wait though, the figure looks amazing

First I cut the rubber from the neck and removed the joint.

Next I cut some of the stock neck off (this was done after the first pics I posted- thought his neck looked too long). You can see the neck joint here too. It slips right inside the stock neck...

Place the neck joint back on the figure...

Place the head on....

And it's finished...