Takara Transformers

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
So, in addition to TTv3 and Magic Square, there is yet another anime G1 Prime in the works, from Transform Element... which rumor has is not a new company but just another "brand" out of a 3P company we already know. No idea which one though. I like this better than v3, but not sure if I like it more than MS.

How are 3P companies better at making transformers than the people that actually make Transformers?!

007bTxpXgy1ft086d2gxkj33ic2804qs.jpg007bTxpXgy1ft2v2ou7axj30yv0u0grg.jpg007bTxpXgy1ft2v5y9yaij30wp0u0gu1.jpg007bTxpXgy1ft2uzvleqyj30w50u0jy8 (1).jpg007bTxpXgy1ft2uzb7buzj30x70u0tf6.jpg007bTxpXgy1ft2v3bcolmj311a0u0dph.jpg007bTxpXgy1ft2utbix15j30yc0u0jxa.jpgOPS.pngOPS02.pngOPP.jpg

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Really like that truck mode, but hard to tell which bot mode I prefer. They all seem to have the required double joints to go with Megs, so it really comes down to price and quality. No way I pre-order anything this round until video reviews have made the rounds.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I still prefer MS. Both bot and alt mode. The bot mode of the new offering still has the stumpy torso of the official. They're prioritizing big windows and the abdomens suffer. The MS alt is cleaner looking too. The new one kinda reminds me of a microformer where it's simplified...somehow.

What I do like better about the new one is the smaller shoulders. The MS ones are kinda jumbo.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Did you guys see that not only does MAS-3 come with a Laserbeak, but it transforms? AND regular sized cassettes fit inside of Soundwave?

I've never been a fan of the character because "mass shifting", but even I have to admit that that is cool.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
My Downbeat shipped. Thought the production run wasn’t going to be ready until September. Funny thing is Hova has officially missed it’s July ship date, so looks like I made the right choice all around by swapping preorders.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
If only we knew an electrical engineer with the talent to dissect one of those pill speakers and wire it into SW’s legs... :pirate:
I could totally make him functional... but he probably doesn't have enough empty space to put in speakers that sound like anything you'd want to listen to. Plus, he doesn't transform, so you wouldn't get the full boombox experience!

But it would be cool to put the bluetooth smarts in the chest so you could pipe-in audio of his voice, clips from the show and such to make him talk to megatron, introduce Jonny Quest on Boomer-action, stuff like that. THAT would be worth the trouble.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Toon Gundog is good enough to be my keeper, but that waist area is magic and I like missile mount. Still, Hound deserves the chunky metal that Maketoys gave him. I wonder what the gimmicks will be on the official. Still can’t believe TT took so long to make a Hound.

E6F5CF5E-9B8D-491B-90F7-E863457192C3.jpeg

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Wow, that is terrible. I hadn't seen that shot before. I'm more likely to get both of the upcoming 3P G1 primes than I am this. It's just underwhelming at every turn, and I know they'll want a kidney and my first-born for it too.

There was a time that conventional wisdom said that 3P stuff was inferior, in that it didn't have as sophisticated designs, premium finishes, or quality build as official products, and 3P prices were higher than official with the excuse being much higher volumes for officials. And that may have been true back in the day. Now TT charges 2x-3x for similar or more poorly designed products. I just can't get excited about them at all.

The idea of paying $250-300 for that prime vs $100-150 for either of the 3P versions seems laughable.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Op v3 really is a mixed bag with me. Some shots look horrible and then others tug all the right heart strings. Sad an official one will never be an option for me due to the insane price. Really hope the KO's maintain the recent quality when they get around to him.

MPPrime3Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Is that really the finished product for Hound? Those thighs are so, ugh. Just one single cut line?? C'mon. It doesn't have to be that slavish.

Not like I care. I MUCH prefer the look of Gundog. His Jeep-y feet look so good!

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Is that really the finished product for Hound? Those thighs are so, ugh. Just one single cut line?? C'mon. It doesn't have to be that slavish.

Not like I care. I MUCH prefer the look of Gundog. His Jeep-y feet look so good!

And then they get all squirrelly around his sides and back. Keep your detailing consistent.

DjSMaGNUwAA_N_1.jpg

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
It's too bad that they don't at least list what theaters will be showing it. Eh, we'll find out in two days.
I checked, and it's showing in knoxville at the best/most convenient theater. It's a thursday night, but I bought four seats anyway. Hopefully nobody has a test that friday.

I've got the touch, I've got the power, I've got the tickets.