Takara Transformers

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Piles of $18 Hotrods in my Walmarts and nothing else. I finally caved and paid $12 for a Bumblebee on Amazon just to be done with my G1 collection unless they reissue Soundwave or Shockwave for reasonable prices. My collection is at it’s end for MPs also once my final pack for Gravity Builder arrives Saturday. Out of room and must have characters, so Transformer purchases will be reduced to the impulse buys I see on the shelf. Guess I’ll start saving my monies for adulting.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I’ll definitely be following this line and cherry picking a few since they are doing a smashing job of capturing that G1 nostalgia while being Cybertronian in style. Shockwave looks amazing in person, but he’s a voyager sized figure with a bunch of extra crap so they can sell him as a leader, so pass. The pyramid jet Starscream is a must have from the photos since I’ve never had that altmode before. Glad Hasbro came to their senses and is just releasing the exact same figs as Takara.

53D37C29-ADA7-4682-AA50-D44433977DAF.jpeg

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That MS OP is it!

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Just sucks we won’t be able to pose the MS with his knees bent. I hope the transformation explains why they had to give him those kneecaps. I’ll be buying him at some point, but he definitely is not my definitive version.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Dunno. Kinda reminds me of the Prime Wars trilogy where Optimus constantly had cracked windows.

Just a side note, my son and I watched the whole trilogy this morning, and I really liked it. Some of the character choices were curious, some were clearly related to the toy line, but all of them were characterized really well, and the voice acting was spot on. Several voices were from the original G1 cast, while others were done well enough that I wasn't bothered by the new actors. Overall, it was the best TF cartoon/movie I've seen... since G1.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, I finally broke down last night after watching some reviews and ordered MS-01 from show.z. I came to the conclusion that there were just too many things about TE-01 that I couldn't get over. The flip-top head, the squatty square grille, the thigh gap, and the white paint being chief among them. TE did an admiral job, but I couldn't pull the trigger in the face of better options.

Magic Square isn't perfect either, but overall, it has less glaring things the bug me. Of course, they both look better than MP v3... and cost a third as much.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I can’t get past the colors on TE-1 (especially the face) to look for the good in it, not when the whole point is to be toonish. I had MS in my cart to order, but the adult in me said to wait until after my honeymoon in 2 weeks. I’m going to cry if the first run sells out before I get back on Feb 9th.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I actually like the head sculpt on TE-01 better, but I hate that it's broken up by the weird panel lines on top. And the white paint is unacceptable. I'm hoping that TE does a second run with silver face/legs, and I might be tempted to grab that and fill the lines in the head.

I also might paint the grey on MS-01 to a silver color, as the flat grey looks odd to me (so does the red), but it's less offensive to me overall. I'm temped to just spray it with a semigloss finish to see what happens, depending if I like the color of the plastic. And I definitely want to frost the inside of the chest windows so that matrix isn't so obvious.

I really broke down and ordered MS b/c we're rapidly approaching CNY, and I suspect I'd have regretted having to wait until March to pick up the prime of my choice. So I watched reviews until I was 95% sure which I wanted and pulled the trigger.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I actually like the head sculpt on TE-01 better, but I hate that it's broken up by the weird panel lines on top. And the white paint is unacceptable. I'm hoping that TE does a second run with silver face/legs, and I might be tempted to grab that and fill the lines in the head.

I also might paint the grey on MS-01 to a silver color, as the flat grey looks odd to me (so does the red), but it's less offensive to me overall. I'm temped to just spray it with a semigloss finish to see what happens, depending if I like the color of the plastic. And I definitely want to frost the inside of the chest windows so that matrix isn't so obvious.

I really broke down and ordered MS b/c we're rapidly approaching CNY, and I suspect I'd have regretted having to wait until March to pick up the prime of my choice. So I watched reviews until I was 95% sure which I wanted and pulled the trigger.

I’ve just never been a huge fan of Takara colors on Prime since they have such a stark contrast and TE really captured that in their face. As far as MS’s grey legs, I’ve had wonderful success with dry-brushing many a bare grey transformer with Tamiya aluminum for a stunning metallic look. That way it sits right between silver and grey with neither being overpowering on the toon or toy side.

I’m patiently waiting for your thoughts on MS in hand. I want to know how he compares to Blaster weight and build wise. Blaster looks pretty good standing there, but I’ll never play with him again since he feels so cheap. Touching him is a reminder I paid $150 for a paperweight that could not even do that job properly. Seeing him stand next to Soundwave makes me forget that.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
My Blaster bashing finally made me get off my ass and paint his face silver. Hated the white face with white forehead, especially since the orange from the side reflected and made it look like the paint was too thin. Like him so much better now.

316073BA-1ADF-4FC1-9B72-DD9B9DDCD6A3.jpeg
1548564553617.png

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The director said his goal is to take that opening scene and make a full movie. 100% cgi, same style. Think I heard Hasbro green lit it after the success of BB. I want to be mad at Micheal Bay for making us go thru the other nonsense, but 13yrs of cgi technology is going to make it so much better than what it would have been back in 2007.

Reactions: G.I.*EDDIE

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
:laugh:

Bumble (Japanese name for Bumblebee) 2.0 Body
1 Spike figure
1 number plate
1 face A
1 face B
1 effect parts
1 laser gun
1 card
1 intruction manual
The robot design is supposed to be inspired by the animation proportions and design, and even the alt mode would be similar to the not-so-realistic VW Beetle seen in the cartoon. We should expect pre-orders to start on 12th or 13th February to be released by the end of September. Price? Not-so-economic 13000 Yen or $118.33 approximately.