The Vault Theories

Freedom

Solo Operative
I just wanted to organize and analyze what we saw in "The Vault" and come up with some logic. Obviously, I think the named characters where meant for single release for the 30th. But the main thing you notice is a LOT of troop builders (especially for Joe), ninjas, and zombies. And both troop builders and ninjas crossover into the zombies. The Joe Troop builders have some interesting names. It seems pretty apparent that there was going to be a Zombie/Ninja/Troop Builder theme running through the toy line. I've numbered some 1-7 that seem like they may have been meant for 7 packs. The ones not numbered would be for single release.

Named Characters
Joe
Flint
Lady Jaye
Hit & Run
Clutch
Shipwreck
Beach Head
Barbecue
ROC Duke (training)
Cobra
Zartan
Other
Kwinn

Army Builders
Joe
Steel Brigade v2
1. Steel Brigade (gold helmet)
2. Steel Brigade Delta
3. Echo Faction
4. Raven's Wing
5. Diver
6. Police Unit 4
7. G.I.Joe Trooper
Cobra
Shadow Guard
Cobra Officer
Crimson Guard Immortal
TeleViper
Data Viper
Ret Swamp Viper head guy
Snow Serpent
1. Heat Viper
2. Laser Viper
3. Dreadnok Trooper
4. Stinger Trooper
5. Shock Trooper
6. Viper (gold faceplate)
7. Eel

Ninjas
Red Ninja Dice
1. Ninja Warrior Monk
2. Dark Ninja Master
3. Snake Ninja Master
4. Gold Ninja Assassin
5. Urban Ninja (Night Creeper)
6. Ghost Ninja Henchmen
7. Beast Ninja

Zombies
Cobra

Zombie Cobra Commander
Storm Shadow Zombie
1. Ninja Zombie
2. Zombie Shock Trooper
3. Zombie Viper
4. Mutant Zombie
Joe
5. Zombie Steel Brigade
6. Echo Faction Trooper Zombie
7. Unnamed (Deep-Six Hazmat Gear)

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I was talking with a friend of mine, and he and I felt that the Zombies and Ninjas would be the best candidate for two future seven packs.

I didn't see how many figures were shows from Renegades, so I'm not sure how well of a seven pack they would make.

Freedom

Solo Operative
I was talking with a friend of mine, and he and I felt that the Zombies and Ninjas would be the best candidate for two future seven packs.

I didn't see how many figures were shows from Renegades, so I'm not sure how well of a seven pack they would make.
I left Renegades out, because I consider them separate. Keep in mind the Renegades figures we DID see and the ones we DIDN'T. We see Scrap-Iron who played a minor role in Renegades. But we didn't see major characters like Roadblock, The Baroness, Dr. Mindbender, Flint, Lady Jaye, Destro, & Major Bludd. That's a 7-pack right there.

There's also other characters like Breaker & Heavy Duty that weren't seen, and the fact that Hasbro would probably re-release Duke, Snake-Eyes, Cobra Commander, & Storm Shadow and you could probably muster up another 7 for a 2 7-pack release.

Last edited:

Freedom

Solo Operative
Since they're all listed, except for the Renegades figures, let's list our top 10. Hasbro did say if we made a fuss, there's a chance some of these could be released eventually.

While all the figures are cool and I would probably buy them if they were released, I personally can live without the zombies, ninjas, and Joe troop builders. In my opinion, there's really no need for the Barbecue, Eel, Snow Serpent, or even the Beach Head & Zartan.

1. Flint (preferably w/o a turtle-necked torso)
2. Lady Jaye
3. Hit & Run
4. TeleViper
5. Clutch (w/ a lighter skin tone)
6. Crimson Guard Immortal
7. Heat Viper
8. Laser Viper
9. Kwinn
10. Data Viper

The Zartan is cool.
The Zombie CC w/ a regular head would be cool.
The Echo Faction Trooper as a named character would be cool.

And just to add in Renegades, the Coyote and Flint's Jeep were pretty cool.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
-Echo Faction Joe Trooper(I would buy multiples, I would prefer a 10 pack)
-Lady Jaye
-Flint
-Kwinn
-Beachhead
-Ravens Wing
-Clutch
-Hit N Run
-Nok trooper
-Renegades Scrap Iron

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Those ninjas I couldn't care less about except for Dice. The others (non-zombie, anyway) were almost all kitbashes, with maybe a new accessory or 2. There's already too many of those without the need for a rainbow set.

The zombies, while a novel idea and cool to see newly-sculpted heads for some, I am glad they didn't bother with either. Of the two of those, I'd rather see the zombie set, so long as they retained the unique heads.

For the 30th ARAH-styled figures, I'd want damn near all of them. Even ones like BBQ and Beachhead, who were 100% kitbashes/repaints of previous parts, would be welcome updates to their 25th counterparts. I'm just a sucker for the better sculpted parts.

What I'd like is that new CC, sans zombie head. What I think they should do, is release that figure as an "I was once a maaaaan" exclusive, personally. With an alternate snake-ish head, and different gloved lower arms with snakey hands, and maybe a pack-in "snake" version of CC, and sell that shit at a Con. It wouldn't be a popular, previously unreleased character, but it'd be novel enough for most collectors to still want. Part of me wonders if it wasn't originally planned for a "double dip" reuse with the Cobra La sketches we saw.

I'd love to see the Stinger driver and blue Officer (with the sculpted chevron, not the painted-on one like the DG black version) and the redone Tele-Viper. All 3 of those blew the previous ones out of the water. And I even liked the redone Eel and Snow Serpent. We still haven't gotten that body that they used for the Snow Serpent released in a mass-release yet. They've got to use it somewhere, sometime. (It was already tooled up, since people bought the original Duke on eBay already, sans coat.)

And of course, being the ARAH F.A.G. that I am, I want Kwinn and all the Cobra Vipers. As silly as the vipers are, they'd be easy to make (basically new heads and gear) and are pretty awesome, even though they're cheesy. The CG Immortal was always one of my favorite figs as a kid, and would make a cool addition to the CG ranks.

I hope to see another "Attack on Cobra Island" set of ARAH figures, in 2 online 7-packs, with some of those 30th Joes, and the Cobra troop-builders. Made in 1:2 or 1:3 ratios of Joe:Cobra, preferably. Otherwise, stores are going to be stuck with a ton of the Joe sets.

Also, even though I'm not exactly a fan of Renegades, I think it'd be wise for them to release the remainder of the (missing) cast. Especially main characters like Roadblock, Baroness, Destro, Flint, LJ, and some others. Those could even be a TRU exclusive, if you ask me.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I think it was mentioned here already. Flint was in the Walmart system.
I could see the 30th figures coming out.
Pursuit of Cobra & 30th seemed to run together.
I'm not so sure about the Renegades.
I doubt very much that we would ever see the zombies.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'd want:

Lady Jay
Police Unit 4
Data Viper
Clutch
Drednock Trooper
Flint
Hit and Run

Every damn zombie! Probably about 3 each of the troopers and one of the main characters.

I only picked a few because I'm not as much concerned for the name of the character as I am the base for a trooper. GI Joe figures don't really carry the names for me as much anymore. I like to have a few of the same figure and do head swaps to make small units for dios. I realize my interests are in the minority of collectors but that would be why I have my choices.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd assume the articulated Swamp Viper body with the manly bearded head sculpt.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'd love to see the following released:

Flint - I don't care for the turtleneck (same torso being used for the 3-pack Firefly), but it's a solid figure and I really dig the new harness

Hit & Run - Very solid figure. Also, he has the parachute/harness that was originally shown with Lifeline, but we've yet to get. Also, love the new goggles and the goggle protector they had laying at his feet.

Lady Jaye - I really like the new headsculpt and harness. It looks like they reused the Shock Trooper legs with the 25th 3-pack (sans cleavage) LJ torso and arms.

Kwinn - Didn't they say at one of the cons that he would definitely be released, but just hadn't said when? I think it was NYCC earlier this year. Either way, they need to release him.

Clutch - A really cool sculpt, that got shafted in the Retaliation line (except for the headsculpt). New headsculpts are always a good thing.

Grunt - Yeah, I know he's not listed as Grunt, but come one... We all know they copied ceraurus' custom Grunt, the same one that I copied myself, but gave it a new headsculpt.

Beachhead - Looks very familiar... Well, this was an obvious kitbash that most thought Hasbro would be stupid not to make. Solid looking figure, and would be nice to have since I repainted my custom Beachhead that used the exact same recipe.

Barbecue - A nice surprise... Very solid looking update, and definitely has a more menacing look to him.

Cobra Officer and Driver - Simple repaints that are definitely needed.

Zombie CC - I love the new sculpt!! Just needs to be un-zombiefied.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Which ones were "Echo Faction"? I don't recall seeing that label anywhere.

The guy that looks like ceraurus' custom Grunt. The same recipe I duplicated:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Kwinn! I don't care if they make any of the others, but I'd like a comic accurate Kwinn.

The Flint and LJ are very nice though, and I'd be very happy to get them.

Sweet Baby Jesus, no more ninjas! SE & SS were fun when they were unique. When 90% of the characters are ninjas... it's just not fun anymore. It's like comics. Remember in 1994 when every comic had a cover that was a neon platinum die-cut glow-in-the-dark-hologram? Remember how shitty that was? That's Joe's ninja population right now. We're drowning in ninjas! Please make it stop!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Kwinn! I don't care if they make any of the others, but I'd like a comic accurate Kwinn.

The Flint and LJ are very nice though, and I'd be very happy to get them.

Sweet Baby Jesus, no more ninjas! SE & SS were fun when they were unique. When 90% of the characters are ninjas... it's just not fun anymore. It's like comics. Remember in 1994 when every comic had a cover that was a neon platinum die-cut glow-in-the-dark-hologram? Remember how shitty that was? That's Joe's ninja population right now. We're drowning in ninjas! Please make it stop!

I'm more concerened with the stuff I like from Retaliation coming out than the metric fuckload of cocktease Hasbro delivered to fans that isn't coming out, but I'm seconding Kwinn, simply for the parts potential in the hands of customizers.

I don't care about the ARAH Viper armybuilders. Laser Viper? Dregs, much? Seeing that ST in Cobra blue makes me eternally grateful the PoC one happened. I like the Joe polizei, as well as Manly Beard Man. I dig the new zombie heads, but for the most part those are all do-able customs if you can source Z-V arms. Fan of LJ and Flint, those with Kwinn would make my short list. I just wasn't as thrilled as most of the community with the vault stuff. Not many "big losses" there.

I agree on the Ninja Situation, too. Worse still they have at least half-a-dozen named Ninja Force characters they can use.

I'm waiting for them to troll the fuck out of us with an NF-styled Night Creeper.

Last edited:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I agree... we need more of the straight military aspect over any mystical martial arts. And as much as I love my Ninja, that says a lot. 99% of Ninja shown, could disappear like a Ninja *poof*.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
That Barbeque all done up in his classic colours is same parts as the one we got in the Maurauders 7-pack. He uses the arms and elgs of Renegade/30th Airtight. A bloody good use of parts imo.

I'm waiting for them to troll the fuck out of us with an NF-styled Night Creeper.

I would love to see this made, especially if they gave him the feather/fur cape seen in the packaging art and comic panels. Soft goods or bust for that though.

But they better release that Dice and Night Creeper shown (who uses mainly a mix of wave 1 retaliation Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow parts with the head and armor of the 25th/RoC NC).

All of my want and then some.
I want these ones espeically, along with the much loved Flint, Hit & Run and Lady Jaye.

Different coloured, plain old Viper and when is that ever a bad thing??? :
http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/gallery/gijoe-convention-2012-poc-and-30th/DSCF7463.JPG

The Heavy Alley Viper who would fit right into the squad(s) of PoC Avs, mostly a reuse of PoC Cash Destro and IGs with a alley-Viper head naturally:
http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/gallery/gijoe-convention-2012-poc-and-30th/DSCF7458.JPG

The Steel Brigade that uses PoC Beachhead's legs and the Training Storm Shadow upper arms, A heavy Steel brigade trooper I guess:
http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/gallery/gijoe-convention-2012-poc-and-30th/DSCF7471.JPG

the Raven trooper guy:
http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/gallery/gijoe-convention-2012-poc-and-30th/DSCF7484.JPG

Stinger Driver and Cobra Officer:
http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/gallery/gijoe-convention-2012-poc-and-30th/DSCF7477.JPG
http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/gallery/gijoe-convention-2012-poc-and-30th/DSCF7633.JPG

That terrific Snow Serpent:
http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/gallery/gijoe-convention-2012-poc-and-30th/DSCF7661.JPG

Last edited:

crowncoke

Enlisted
Feb 9, 2012
I agree... we need more of the straight military aspect over any mystical martial arts. And as much as I love my Ninja, that says a lot. 99% of Ninja shown, could disappear like a Ninja *poof*.

Ohhhh NOOoooo!!! Obi, say it aint so!

As much as I love my ninjas, I have to agree. Now, if I could snag some of these at cheap prices, I might hunt them down. I have to agree with Dr Syn in that I really would love to see that Night Creeper (i beleive that Dice is a little small). In fact I would love a Night Creeper pack (3 pack or even 6 with different weapons and such and have a larger bodied Dice or NC Leader as the 7th figure).

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
For the 30th ARAH-styled figures, I'd want damn near all of them. Even ones like BBQ and Beachhead, who were 100% kitbashes/repaints of previous parts, would be welcome updates to their 25th counterparts. I'm just a sucker for the better sculpted parts.

I'm gonna have to go research before I pick a top ten, but for now, I'll go ahead and agree with this...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Here's my top 13...these are ones I REALLY want...

Flint
Lady Jaye
Hit & Run
Beach Head
Barbecue Kwinn
Diver
Grunt
TeleViper
Snow Serpent
Heat Viper
Eel Zombie Cobra Commander

I also would pick up any ARAH trooper redone with New mold parts...

The Zombie CC is an easy head swap away from the perfect ARAH CC

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
ok i think they need to release the single named joes and cobras with some cobra troopers in either a 7 pack or single ASAP as they all are killer and now we wont get any new joes till next yr anyway.

IF THEY WOULD RELEASE THEM HERE IS MY TOP 14 FROM MY MOST WANTED TO LEAST

Named Characters
JOES
1)Flint KILLER MOLD AND LOVE THE GEAR A GREAT UPDATE FOR THE 25TH ONE.
2)Hit & Run A KILLER UPDATE TO THE ONE WE GOT IS A GREAT MOLD AND TRUE TO HNR
3)Lady Jaye A GREAT UPDATE TO FOR HER
4)Beach Head A SOLID UPDATE
5)Kwinn WANTED HIM WHEN I SAW HIM ANYWAY
6)TeleViper GREAT UPDATE
7)Heat Viper JUST TO COOL OF A MOLD NOT TO GIVE US HIM
8)Laser Viper SAME REASON AS ABOVE ^
9)Snow Serpent COOL TAKE
10)Zombie Cobra Commander (JUST NOT ZOMBIE AS ITS A GREAT MOLD)
11)Barbecue COOL PARTS AND LOOKS ALOT BETTER
12)Clutch COOL NEW TAKE
13)Crimson Guard Immortal GREAT UPDATE
14) Stinger Trooper LOVE THESE TROOPERS

THEN BOX SETS AS WE KNOW THEY SELL CUSE WE ARMY BUILD :)
1) Steel Brigade
2) THEN A MIX OF COBRAS

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Heh - is it any wonder Hasbro releases the same figures over and over? We all want figures we've already gotten dozens of times.

And yes, I know why, you don't have to explain it. :proposetoast: I just find it amusing.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If Hasbro produced 10 Duke figures and all 10 kicked ass I'd buy them.

Unfortunately, Hasbro makes 10 Dukes and 2/10 are any good.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Out of the ninjas, I think I only want the Gold Ninja and maybe the Ghost Ninja for if I ever want to make Bushido. I've made a better Dice, and that Night Creeper is a pass until they move outside the ARAH accuracy and give him a modern color update. Plus a new head and head wrap.

Outside of that HnR, Flint, LJ, and that zombie CC dezombified, Kwinn, and Cobra Officer.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
That Barbeque all done up in his classic colours is same parts as the one we got in the Maurauders 7-pack. He uses the arms and elgs of Renegade/30th Airtight. A bloody good use of parts imo.

Oh, snap... I never paid attention to the Marauder Barbecue fig. It looks like the same parts were used for the updated 30th version. Thanks, for pointing that out to me!