Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thank you kindly.

Now that there's a Dr. Quest head anyone got an idea for Race Bannon? ;)

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
The one I made is a hair on the fat side, but height wise, it's about spot on...I stood by one and measured against myself and transferred that to a Joe figure

I think I have a toy fire hydrant and some firefighting gear from a set one of my boys got a long time ago...I will see if I can find it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Jesse, cool if I send along that ammo belt and War Machine feed chute?

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Apparently I cast something that Giga bread had done in shapeways, I did not know that and we talked and I took it down, no big deal. Well someone I do work for posted stuff about slow turn around junk like that. Now I am getting blasted by Aly say my stuff is pretty much junk. Why would he do that?

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
*shrugs* I can't speak for his reasons but judging by most peoples' reactions to your stuff, I'd say what you do is pretty top notch. I wouldn't let it get to you. Just keep doing what you do, man. If you're enjoying it, who cares what anyone else thinks. So long as he's not causing problems for your business. I'd say if you didn't have people clamoring for your stuff and giving it high praises, then you might have cause for concern from someone's comments. But I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Apparently I cast something that Giga bread had done in shapeways, I did not know that and we talked and I took it down, no big deal. Well someone I do work for posted stuff about slow turn around junk like that. Now I am getting blasted by Aly say my stuff is pretty much junk. Why would he do that?
He's just jealous. :thumbsup:
Where is the skull head from?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
*shrugs* I can't speak for his reasons but judging by most peoples' reactions to your stuff, I'd say what you do is pretty top notch. I wouldn't let it get to you. Just keep doing what you do, man. If you're enjoying it, who cares what anyone else thinks. So long as he's not causing problems for your business. I'd say if you didn't have people clamoring for your stuff and giving it high praises, then you might have cause for concern from someone's comments. But I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Agreed, I have gotten product from other casters and yours is just as good as any if not better. So you cast in one color (I read his post), they are for customs after all and need painted either way. If a grey base which is basically primer to me and prefered keeps cost down like Aly said, so be it. I noticed no difference in quality of resin either. Like i said in my review, i could not find the method you used to hold the heads in place in the mold. None that i got from anyone else could boast that.

I wouldnt worry, sounds like competitve spirit by Aly and sounded like he was just trying to back his product up. I would not expect any business man to openly say someone else's product is better.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Yeah enough about that stuff I don't have time for it. What else do we need cast? Anyone have a Lowlight for trade?

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I might wanna get some casts of a customized crossbow.. half 25th Night Creeper/Zandar's and half Renetaliationgades Zartan's. Got rid of the clumsy pistol grip/stock that really doesn't work with figures. I figure if once I get some pics snapped, if anyone wants it I can send it on to you, Jesse.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011

Maybe he's pissed because you don't take 6+ months to get somebody something. ;) Maybe you got flak because it's not in flesh tone. At least when GB brought to your attention a piece you took it down. That's a respectful gesture. For the amount of stuff you have posted getting things in someone's hands within a month is reasonable in my eyes. Casting is not cheap and it's time consuming.

Problem is, people will always bitch. Some places more than others. Here, everyone is pretty laid back. It's like that at the OG13 too. It's also small communities. When you get into the bigger ones, you'll have more personalities that may not be worth bothering with.

I have a Low Light with a modified neck you could use. It was given an elbow joint for the neck so it could see prone better.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Yeah I don't get it.

All I really need is all the gear, I want to make LL kits with that maurader M200= SICK! I'm gonna do his goggles in transparent red and his scope in transparent red or green.

Maybe he's pissed because you don't take 6+ months to get somebody something. ;) Maybe you got flak because it's not in flesh tone. At least when GB brought to your attention a piece you took it down. That's a respectful gesture. For the amount of stuff you have posted getting things in someone's hands within a month is reasonable in my eyes. Casting is not cheap and it's time consuming.

Problem is, people will always bitch. Some places more than others. Here, everyone is pretty laid back. It's like that at the OG13 too. It's also small communities. When you get into the bigger ones, you'll have more personalities that may not be worth bothering with.

I have a Low Light with a modified neck you could use. It was given an elbow joint for the neck so it could see prone better.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
So you want his accessories? I can send you the whole figure and let you have your way with it.

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
I wouldn't waste any more time worrying about it, I've long since stopped trying to figure people out, especially on HT and in the end does it really matter?
what your doing is a great service to the community. keep at, looking forward to my orders.

mike

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I wouldn't waste any more time worrying about it, I've long since stopped trying to figure people out, especially on HT and in the end does it really matter?
what your doing is a great service to the community. keep at, looking forward to my orders.

mike

This^^

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Could be that Tofu actually answers emails and PMs too. Damn customer service. Jesse will be the death of this small highly stovepiped industry with his quick turnaround times and responsiveness.

Last edited:

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
Don't worry about it.
I've dealt with Aly once, won't be doing it again, whatever he might offer.
Keep up the great work and all will be fine.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I've also dealt with him once. I remember I got a BBi pilot helmet from him. It was made from some really hard plastic. I told him I was having trouble getting it on a head. He said to heat it up. Well I did & the mask tore right off. I didn't bother trying to get a refund or anything. Why should we have to heat up something every time we want to change out gear? :talktothehand:
There were a few Hisstankers on the Marvel U thread that got his canceled Iron Man 2 unmasked heads. Some ordered multiples of Black Widow. They didn't get them (yet). It took a while for them to get their stuff too.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Tofu - do you have a Crimson Guard head to cast? I think I just found a good solution to the Black DG Cobra Commander!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Would love to see the Thundercats Sword of Omens sword casted in a harder plastic, I never bought him because every single one i saw of him the sword was bent to crap, and all I wanted was the sword. Made me think its soft rubbery/plastic that always will warp.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
25th one?

yeah I've got a bunch of CGs...if he didn't have one I was going to send him a head to cast. Paint the CG head black with a silver facemask...work perfect with that DG CC body for a personal guard.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
And another question for Tofu - along with the Tomahawk blades I'm sending, can you fix a broken item when casting?

I've got a clear windshield for the Tomahawk, it has the two side pegs, but the main connection to the heli has one broken tab...anyway to fix or does anyone have a nice unbroken one to send to Tofu for casting?

Attachments

• IMG_8944.jpg
    IMG_8944.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 7

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
WVMojo-I will have to look but I don't think so, I sold off a ton of my stuff back in march to help out the my sisters funeral expenses. As for the canopy it would be easier if we had a unbroken one but can be fixed. The only thing with canopies is I have to buff out any scratches the original has cause the will come out in casting. Once its done though I can cast them in any tint you want.

Meddatron- great idea I might have to do that.

Tofu - do you have a Crimson Guard head to cast? I think I just found a good solution to the Black DG Cobra Commander!

Would love to see the Thundercats Sword of Omens sword casted in a harder plastic, I never bought him because every single one i saw of him the sword was bent to crap, and all I wanted was the sword. Made me think its soft rubbery/plastic that always will warp.

And another question for Tofu - along with the Tomahawk blades I'm sending, can you fix a broken item when casting?

I've got a clear windshield for the Tomahawk, it has the two side pegs, but the main connection to the heli has one broken tab...anyway to fix or does anyone have a nice unbroken one to send to Tofu for casting?

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
There's that nasty Python Patrol CG who warmed the hell out of pegs for the longest time... His helmet is already black if that helps?

hell that one would require zero paint...problem is finding them or just buying a cast and painting it?

I don't really care for the 25th CG helmet. It isn't a very good likeness of the original. In fact every CG head they made since the original hasn't been exact. They always get the angles wrong.

I only had one as a kid and he was fodder along with the 5 blue shirts I had...so I never really had an attachment to the CGs...I do think the 25th looks way better than the Retaliation head sculpt coming out. The Ret CG looks like the top of his head is right at his eye brows.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
^ Ditto ^

I could also use Tomahawk blades...I need one hub too...if you make them. :D