Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Here is black widow head, Gung ho head modded up by Snakeslayer over on HT, Ret Joe trooper weapons, and some ninja weapons.

Attachments

• black widow.jpg
    black widow.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 16
  • shovel.jpg
    shovel.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 15
  • gung ho.jpg
    gung ho.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 17
  • ninja weapons.jpg
    ninja weapons.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 12
  • backpack.jpg
    backpack.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The speed in which you are doing this is insane. Also, ever considering casting the various 1:18 WW2 German caps? The soft cap, the helmet with cover, the helmet without cover, and the officer's cap? They all fit the 30th Trooper so I was going to cast them to replace the helmet that comes with the Trooper. I was going to cast them, but you are so much better at it.

I'm still trying to compile a list for purchase.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Thanks, I have a few hats but I have some to cast I don't know if I could find them. If you want to send them over next week Ill cast them up. I should be caught up by then. I still need to send that list of the other heads I have. It should be done in a day or so.

The speed in which you are doing this is insane. Also, ever considering casting the various 1:18 WW2 German caps? The soft cap, the helmet with cover, the helmet without cover, and the officer's cap? They all fit the 30th Trooper so I was going to cast them to replace the helmet that comes with the Trooper. I was going to cast them, but you are so much better at it.

I'm still trying to compile a list for purchase.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
K tiger and I wold be interested in an "E" model nose for the BBI little bird.

Heh, He's a caster, not a miracle worker. :D

send me a pic of what you need made. Do you want just that piece that's on the nose?

You'd need to sculpt everything forward of the front door jams first, and I can imagine that it would take a LOT of mold material. I think vaccum molding would be necessary.

It would end up expensive and I don't reckon there are gonna be many takers. I can think of several items I'd like extra pieces made for repairs/experimentation, but they're not items that would be "marketable".

Last edited:

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Here is black widow head, Gung ho head modded up by Snakeslayer over on HT, Ret Joe trooper weapons, and some ninja weapons.

I love that rucksack! You're making so much custom goodness...

Got my first set of head casts from Jesse. Awesome, simply awesome. I am gonna get a little review together for them.

They really are great. Looking forward to the review!

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I just hope that at the speed and volume you're working at now that you don't get burned out.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Here is a beret mod it doing. It's just Falcon's beret modded, I stretched it out in the molding process and then shaved down the side to give a better lay. Not done with it yet but just wanted to share. Still needs to be finished and molded. The darker beret is the original.

Just added Falcone beret mod to fit and look better, still a wip

Attachments

• beret.jpg
    beret.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 10
  • beret1.jpg
    beret1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 5
  • beret2.jpg
    beret2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 7
  • beret3.jpg
    beret3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 4
  • beret og.jpg
    beret og.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Falcone beret.jpg
    Falcone beret.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Falcone beret1.jpg
    Falcone beret1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I'm already on Goldbug, I'm doing it for a custom I am working on. I'll post a wip thread of what I'm doing.

I know of another thing that people would want casted!
The FANGboat/Moccasin right side guns so they can replace the ridiculous missile launcher one. :thumbsup:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Just thought of something else as I was working on a custom last night ... I need more radios (like the ones that came withe the Shockie and Low Light's pack version) and some mic's for my operators to wear... :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just thought of something else as I was working on a custom last night ... I need more radios (like the ones that came withe the Shockie and Low Light's pack version) and some mic's for my operators to wear... :D

We need a PRC-25. :whistling smiley here:

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I could use a few weapons bags, sniper rifle packs. You know what I'm talking about

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Thanks. I should have some pics posted in the next few days of it finished. That pic posted is my prototype and I had to solve a few casting problems but it's good go just waiting for molds to cure.

That HISS tread setup is real nice Jesse...got any more info or pics on it?

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Yes I have but I wanted to make the original first. I made the chassis so I can use it and mod off of that. I'm in the process of making a scale 1:18 hiss tank. Just waiting on some supplies to arrive so I can add some detail to what I have so far.

Have you considered making the tread base wider?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yes I have but I wanted to make the original first. I made the chassis so I can use it and mod off of that. I'm in the process of making a scale 1:18 hiss tank. Just waiting on some supplies to arrive so I can add some detail to what I have so far.

There's nothing I'm more interested in seeing you complete...I'm VERY eager to see the results...

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
well, i decided to use the captain america lower legs and knees from the ca figure with the winter coat, on my movie road block and they look great. but i wanted to keep his pants similar to the color they are and the knees are dark grey and rubbery. i was wondering if you could cast them in a green color and make the knees more hard. i think this is a good fix for the rock road block, and others might want to use these parts to perfect hasbros mistake. that and roc stone hands fit perfectly, and look great, so maybe cast them as well.

just a idea.

Heh, He's a caster, not a miracle worker. :D

You'd need to sculpt everything forward of the front door jams first, and I can imagine that it would take a LOT of mold material. I think vaccum molding would be necessary.

It would end up expensive and I don't reckon there are gonna be many takers. I can think of several items I'd like extra pieces made for repairs/experimentation, but they're not items that would be "marketable".

Holy extra high skid gear! Our 500's are on high gear and they're only half that height! Only other machines I've seen on that gear is the Italian Navy.
There's another E nose that is all plexi and doesn't have the cross bars or triangle truss in the middle of the "a" pillar.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Unclassified-Yes I can they are off the figure. It will be a week or two before I can do that though. Post a pic for me.

Wildbill- I have been thinking about the nose, and you know what, I think I can do that but I need really good ref pics and I wouldn't be able to even start till maybe end of Aug, plus it would be pricey.

well, i decided to use the captain america lower legs and knees from the ca figure with the winter coat, on my movie road block and they look great. but i wanted to keep his pants similar to the color they are and the knees are dark grey and rubbery. i was wondering if you could cast them in a green color and make the knees more hard. i think this is a good fix for the rock road block, and others might want to use these parts to perfect hasbros mistake. that and roc stone hands fit perfectly, and look great, so maybe cast them as well.

just a idea.

Holy extra high skid gear! Our 500's are on high gear and they're only half that height! Only other machines I've seen on that gear is the Italian Navy.
There's another E nose that is all plexi and doesn't have the cross bars or triangle truss in the middle of the "a" pillar.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
all i have is a phone so the pics will be like eddies wife's response to hows sex with eddie, "not so good". when i get home from work i will post a pic.. i tried so many different knees, but nothing worked with the ca lowers, then decided to just try the ca knees and they worked. it's better than nothing, and the rock is a pretty big figure, so i wanted to keep the lowers tomatch the rest of the body, and the ca lowers are big compared to regular joes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

The Bbi skids are high, too.

Which ever nose design you go with doesn't change the fact that the entire glass piece is gonna have to be done. Kind of hope it doesn't happen, because then I'd have to track down another MD 500 and a MMS off the 58D to do that fantasy project.

The costs make my head hurt. :(

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Just wanted to echo a request made by someone over at HT - if you could figure out how to do the articulated wrists (specifically the Law & Order and Footloose arms), I'd be sending you a lot of my money...

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I know I posted it somewhere but as much as these threads get bumped, who knows. I am testing making joints and should have it done in a week or so. On a serious note, who wants to be my product tester? Anyone? Bueller?

Just wanted to echo a request made by someone over at HT - if you could figure out how to do the articulated wrists (specifically the Law & Order and Footloose arms), I'd be sending you a lot of my money...

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I'm sure ALL of us would be down with being product testers. Are you looking for anything other than "person who will try out new product"? Specific critiques, nearby location, anything like that?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm sure ALL of us would be down with being product testers. Are you looking for anything other than "person who will try out new product"? Specific critiques, nearby location, anything like that?

This here!

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I'd be down for being a product tester. But like Fogger said.. I doubt you'll find anyone here who wouldn't want to do it.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
A lot of interest, ok so if what are every ones strengths? Are you a dio builder? vehicle guy? etc etc.