Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Awesome work Jesse. How did the tomahawk canopy turn out? How about the gun for the slugger. was the camo paint stripes I added a problem for the casting?

I will be adding photos over the next few days. everything wasn't to hard to do the only thing was the hub, I couldn't do it. I am working on another on now. The canopy came out nice. I need to pick up clear resin this week to make a cast. of it.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'll be down for at least 10-15 modern T-bars. I had like 3 left at some point but was holding off on all my SDS full-figure kits because I didn't have donor torsos to split open.

So getting proper T-bars may in fact get my ass in gear finally on finishing some of those.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
A few more things finished up that I didn't post. The visor will be cast in clear when it makes it in the store and the pastel green stand will NOT be getting made.

Attachments

• Heads.jpg
    Heads.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Heads1.jpg
    Heads1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Standsred.jpg
    Standsred.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 24
  • NANO BAT.jpg
    NANO BAT.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 19

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Post pics of this bad boy.

Congrats on getting caught up. I got my stuff on Saturday and am very happy with it (aside from the address snafu). Here's a little something I WIPped up with one of the heads (modern Scoop)-

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Not sure if I posted progress of my head shrinking but in case I did not here it is again. I have 1:12 scale to 1:18 down. Just trying to make some heads and I will have them up in a couple weeks. The Faceless one test cast has his chin missing but it's just for scale.

Attachments

• Faceless one shrink.jpg
    Faceless one shrink.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Faceless one shrink1.jpg
    Faceless one shrink1.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 22
  • garner shrink.jpg
    garner shrink.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 28

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I am in the process of adding tons if stuff to the site today. I have a question, I cast all my web gear in black only. Would anyone like the option to get gray base web gear? so it's easier to paint a lighter color.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I am in the process of adding tons if stuff to the site today. I have a question, I cast all my web gear in black only. Would anyone like the option to get gray base web gear? so it's easier to paint a lighter color.

For the most part, I think black, tan, or OD green would be a good webgear base.

The only thing I can foresee casting in a lighter color would be anything used for arctic gear?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hey Jesse, it has been YEARS since I sculpted, and there's no way in shit I can sculpt 1:1 like KREXX or the other sculptors and have decent heads as a result, but I've been procrastinating about breaking out my Greenstuff and trying my hand at doing any involved sculpting, like a scratch-built head...

But if I were able to sculpt say, a Marvel Legend sized head, could you cast/shrink that down to a Joe head? I think I could manage some decent sculpts at that scale.

(Keep in mind, this is more or less a "just to know" question at this point... I'm just curious if it'd be worth my time to start at that scale, or try against all odds at sculpting smaller. I'm pretty sure the latter will be a waste of my time.)

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Hey Jesse, it has been YEARS since I sculpted, and there's no way in shit I can sculpt 1:1 like KREXX or the other sculptors and have decent heads as a result, but I've been procrastinating about breaking out my Greenstuff and trying my hand at doing any involved sculpting, like a scratch-built head...

But if I were able to sculpt say, a Marvel Legend sized head, could you cast/shrink that down to a Joe head? I think I could manage some decent sculpts at that scale.

(Keep in mind, this is more or less a "just to know" question at this point... I'm just curious if it'd be worth my time to start at that scale, or try against all odds at sculpting smaller. I'm pretty sure the latter will be a waste of my time.)

Sure can.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Just added about 60 or so items to the site and restocked items. I put in a new web gear section and anyone here wants that arctic jacket hit me up for a deep discount.

Chaka Cha

Enlisted
Jun 7, 2012
Before I go home to find it & snap a pic of it, I have a 12" BBI Villains Jacqueline figure that has a sweet collapsible rifle in a case.

Now that you have your hydro-shrinking down, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in casts of those, or if it would even be possible, since the smaller the mating parts are, the more fragil-ay they become...

Thoughts?

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Before I go home to find it & snap a pic of it, I have a 12" BBI Villains Jacqueline figure that has a sweet collapsible rifle in a case.

Now that you have your hydro-shrinking down, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in casts of those, or if it would even be possible, since the smaller the mating parts are, the more fragil-ay they become...

Thoughts?

It would be extremely difficult to do. The parts may be way to thin to do. It may be easier to mod an existing weapon to resemble it.

Stryker927

Cobra Project Manager
Aug 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Great updates Jesse. Just placed my order. Name is Don Neal. Can't wait to see some of the new stuff in person. Glad to see your back in action. :)

Take care!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Before I order two sets of the SGT Slaughter accessories for my custom Sarges, Is there a chance the Russian hats will come back into stock anytime soon or should I just order the Slaughter stuff now. I don't want to miss out on the sarge whistle, not sure why I never noticed the Slaughter items before.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Before I order two sets of the SGT Slaughter accessories for my custom Sarges, Is there a chance the Russian hats will come back into stock anytime soon or should I just order the Slaughter stuff now. I don't want to miss out on the sarge whistle, not sure why I never noticed the Slaughter items before.

I'll try to put some up tonight. Sarge stuff sells pretty fast.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I'll try to put some up tonight. Sarge stuff sells pretty fast.

Thanks. Take your time. More happy to know the mold wasn't done and more will be back. I ordered the Sarge stuff a while and another Sarge Head. Hell yeah!! If they get done I'll add to order, if not, I'll order again when you are ready. Not worried about shipping costs. The shipping is cheap.

Last edited:

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Thanks. Take your time. More happy to know the mold wasn't done and more will be back. I ordered the Sarge stuff a while and another Sarge Head. Hell yeah!! If they get done I'll add to order, if not, I'll order again when you are ready. Not worried about shipping costs. The shipping is cheap.

Did you just call me cheap? Jk

Cool..if you hit the notify when back in stock button, you'll get an email.