Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I just wanted to thank you guys for pulling together with me last week. We made goal, and then some. The money over goal has been set aside for business needs to cover shipping, materials, etc. So thanks for helping me to continue to move towards getting caught up on the orders. By my best calculations with me beginning the first 2 weeks of November tomorrow (which so far doesn't look like it'll be too big of a job to get done (I have the first week sorted, and I skimmed over the second week (which I'll sort after I put a round of loads in, in just a few minutes, and post the whole list up in a few hours), and it's doesn't look like it's too much bigger than the first. So I'm fairly certain I can get those 2 weeks done in this next week, maybe week, and a half at most. Then I'll be on the last 2 weeks of November by the end of the first week in January. So by the 3rd week in January (since those last 2 weeks of November were a little bigger w/ the Thanksgiving deals, and such) I'll be working on the orders for December. This SHOULD put me working on the orders for January at the beginning of February.

Now for the new deals going forward. I've been told that my daily deal system, and the my build a figure deal system are too complicated, and I need to simplify them. SO.....Going forward these will be the new deals.

Sunday through Wednesday:
One free figure kit for any order of $40, or more
This is basically an extended "Military Monday"

Thursday through Saturday:
One free item of $10, or less for every $15 you spend
This is basically an extended "Freebie Friday"

New build a figure deal:
@$25 you get the head, and the torso
@$50 you get the arms, legs, hands, and feet
So just like before every $50 you spend gets you an entire figure kit.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys if any of you have been eyeing a few items, today might be a good day for you to go ahead, and pick them up. With the New Years sale that is still going on until midnight you can get one item of $10, or less for every $30 you spend, and that is on top of the end of the week deal where you get one free item of $10, or less for every $15, so every $30 you spend you technically get 3 items of $10, or less for free today. PLUS w/ the build a figure deal you get a free figure kit for every $50 you spend.

Here's the break down
End of week deal:
1 free item of $10, or less free for every $15 you spend

New Years deal:
1 free item of $10 or less for every $30
(This basically just gives you an extra $10 item for free when you hit the $30 marks)

Build a figure deal
1 free head, and torso when you hit $25
1 free set of arms, legs, hands, and feet when you hit $50
So every $50 you spend gets you a free figure kit.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok, so I'm WAY short on funds for this week. So in an effort to hopefully get some of you guys buying for the next 4 hours from now 9PM est to 1AM est everything in the store is buy 2 get one of equal, or lesser value. The 3rd item for each 3 (which you will need to list in the notes) must cost the same, or less than the lowest priced item for each of the 2 items paid for.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
This week's deal is buy 2 get 1 free. Same as my last ditch deal last night the free item you put in the notes must be of equal, or lesser value to the least expensive of each 2 items you buy. This is of course in addition to the regular deals of Sunday to Wednesday 1 free figure kit for any order of $40, or more, and the Thursday to Saturday 1 $10, or less item for every $15 spent. As well as the build a figure deal where at $25 you get a free head, and torso, and @ $50 you get a free set of arms, legs, hands, and feet, and it repeats @ $75, and so on.

So here's how it breaks down if you spend $50:

Sunday to Wednesday:
1 free figure kit for the Sun-Wed deal $20 value
1 free figure kit for the build a figure deal $20 value
Then one free item for every 2 items you bought about $25 value
So that's about $65 for free

Thursday to Saturday:
3 free items of $10, or less since you're spending over $45 about $30 value
1 free figure kit for the build a figure deal $20 value
Then one free item for every 2 items you bought about $25 value
So that's about $75 for free

All items are of your own choosing.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
28 new heads, 5 of which combined w/ the Fem77, and 3 pieces of headgear is a new set of heads Russian military team Fem77 w/ helmet, NC264 w/hat, NC265 w/ hat, NC266, NC267, and NC268), a new coat, which works great w/ the XL suited figure to make an XL General figure, and the combined weapon cannon for the MRP figure sets. Not to mention a modded version of the NC269 into the MC120 which makes one hell of a General Ross

FB post w/ all of the pics:
https://www.facebook.com/Vortious-Custom-Accessories-425671750793828/

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Some good looking stuff there. Any deals this week?

Sunday through Wednesday:
One free figure kit for any order of $40, or more
This is basically an extended "Military Monday"

Thursday through Saturday:
One free item of $10, or less for every $15 you spend
This is basically an extended "Freebie Friday"

New build a figure deal:
@$25 you get the head, and the torso
@$50 you get the arms, legs, hands, and feet
So just like before every $50 you spend gets you an entire figure kit.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
The good news is most of the orders for the last 2 weeks of November went out this morning, and the ones that are left just need a little more clean up of the parts before I send them out on Monday. The bad news for me, but kind of good news for you guys is that I'm a bit low on funds this week, so in hopes of turning that around I'm going to be running the buy 2 get one free special from now until Midnight.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
This week's deal is buy 2 items get 1 item free

*Free item must be of equal, or lesser value to the items purchased.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
I am thinking of a new customs project. This project will involve buying several of the new S.H. Figuarts Yoshi Mario Bros Figures and repainting them various colours from the games and making new Yoshis in colours of my own invention. The first one I will do is a Maroon and Gold Yoshi. I have the figure in hand and I have already started on this one. Now, Maroon and Gold Yoshi combines the Powers of a Yellow (Earthquake) and Red (Fire Spitting) Yoshi and also gains the ability to make sandstorms. He can fly if he swallows a blue Koopa Shell. I need to go out and find some red model paint, as I am out, but I have already applied the gold. I have already applied the gold paint. Looks like the Mario riding attachment only kinda works for a Joe rider. Do you have any attachments that might work better?

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I am thinking of a new customs project. This project will involve buying several of the new S.H. Figuarts Yoshi Mario Bros Figures and repainting them various colours from the games and making new Yoshis in colours of my own invention. The first one I will do is a Maroon and Gold Yoshi. I have the figure in hand and I have already started on this one. Now, Maroon and Gold Yoshi combines the Powers of a Yellow (Earthquake) and Red (Fire Spitting) Yoshi and also gains the ability to make sandstorms. He can fly if he swallows a blue Koopa Shell. I need to go out and find some red model paint, as I am out, but I have already applied the gold. I have already applied the gold paint. Looks like the Mario riding attachment only kinda works for a Joe rider. Do you have any attachments that might work better?

Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
I am talking about a new project I am doing. I will be repainting some of the new figaurts Super Mario Bros Yoshi figures as found here S.H. Figuarts Nintendo Super Mario - Yoshi - Nintendo Figures. I have the first one in hand and have already painted it. Pics can be found in my Customs thread here on the fighting 1:18th http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/diorama-display/8570-customs-stuff-2.html. I was wondering if you make parts for that particular figure series. Also, have you gotten around to your January orders yet?

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I am talking about a new project I am doing. I will be repainting some of the new figaurts Super Mario Bros Yoshi figures as found here S.H. Figuarts Nintendo Super Mario - Yoshi - Nintendo Figures. I have the first one in hand and have already painted it. Pics can be found in my Customs thread here on the fighting 1:18th http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/diorama-display/8570-customs-stuff-2.html. I was wondering if you make parts for that particular figure series. Also, have you gotten around to your January orders yet?

No I don't have anything for the Figuarts figures in my store.

As for the January orders, no I'm not quite on those yet. I'm working on finishing up December, but January was mostly smaller orders, so they shouldn't take too long.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
So this is the first week of March, and so that means that we've just about made it to the 4 yr mark since I opened on March 14th 2012. So to commemorate this the 4th anniversary of VCA this month's deal all month will be 2 fold. One deal for heads, and one deal for figure kits.
Anniversary head deal: buy one get one free
(free head must be of same, or less value to the purchased one)
Anniversary figure deal: buy two get one free
(free figure must be of same, or less value to the purchased one)

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ever get around to the Jan orders?

I'm working on the first 2 weeks now, and should be finishing them up, and starting on the next 2 weeks this coming weekend.

Don't forget that Sunday through Wednesday you get a free figure kit for any order of $40, or more, and another one for every $50 you spend, and then you can also use the March Anniversary deals to get a free head for every head you order, and a free figure for every 2 that you order, so you guys could really rack up some great figures, and the current dry spell in the 4" collecting market doesn't have to be a dry spell for you.

ShipShape1983

Its THAT guy...
Sep 17, 2013
NJ
Hey man, I was wondering...

did you ever have the Juggernaut helmet in your store?
its altered to fit the comic pack Juggy head from the comic pack from a while ago.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey man, I was wondering...

did you ever have the Juggernaut helmet in your store?
its altered to fit the comic pack Juggy head from the comic pack from a while ago.

Yeah that's been in the store for a long while:

Removable helmet for the unstoppable one

And guys don't forget this is the last Saturday in March, so it's the last day for the Anniversary deals:

Anniversary head deal: buy one get one free
(free head must be of same, or less value to the purchased one)
Anniversary figure deal: buy two get one free
(free figure must be of same, or less value to the purchased one)

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Did you send them? I recieved no shipment notification.

No, my wife was supposed to do the shipping the other day, and apparently she still hasn't since your order is still in the ready to ship box. I talked to her about it earlier, and she said she'll be doing the shipping on Monday. If she doesn't get the orders out today then I'll take care of it myself.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Just tried to put the legs on my figure. The T-bar came apart, so now I have place an order for some more t-bars. The plastic in the t-bars seems almost too soft.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Just tried to put the legs on my figure. The T-bar came apart, so now I have place an order for some more t-bars. The plastic in the t-bars seems almost too soft.

Are they newer ones, or older ones? I've evolved the formulas over the last couple of years, so that might be the problem. The formula I've been using since like October/November is one of my strongest hard plastics.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah that's what I figured. The new ones are basically the same consistency of the plastic Hasbro uses.