Wayward Goat Collectibles MARV Modular Armored Range Vehicle Coming Soon To Kickstarter

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami

Roughly 12"L x 5"W x 5.625"H for the vehicle itself; the height doesn't include the turret or antennae.

Not with the initial release, but I like the way you think. A CROWS-style turret is on my radar for an eventual military-themed add-on kit.

Reactions: Greg

Mistermarks101

The Unwashed
Dec 20, 2016
I want four or at least three, but realistically I will definitely be buying one of them. Maybe different kits depending on costs. I'm already starting to save up

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Very cool! What are you thinking about for turnaround time after the kickstarter is finished?

I won't have the full production details (including timing) until the prototype work is completed, but if I had to ballpark the turnaround based on designs and similar projects I'd say 12-18 months.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Soooo looooonngggg.. I know its the nature of the business, but I could never wrap my mind around that kind of time-frame for stuff like this. I forgot about the order of the original Marauders figures till they arrived.

I suppose time does go faster the older you get though.. :)

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Soooo looooonngggg.. I know its the nature of the business, but I could never wrap my mind around that kind of time-frame for stuff like this. I forgot about the order of the original Marauders figures till they arrived.

I suppose time does go faster the older you get though.. :)

It's crazy how slow the entire process can be. It takes roughly 1 month just for Kickstarter to collect and release funds, then transportation of final goods from China can be 1-2 months. Customs, Backerkit surveys, product revisions, safety testing... all things that could take up valuable time before product can be shipped out to backers. Hopefully the MARV turnaround time will be quicker than I anticipate. I'll certainly post updates here as I lock in specifics on timing, price, KS launch date, etc.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I understand.. Just born and raised on the instant gratification generation, so it's strange to have to wait for something I suppose. I remember Merit needing to fly to China a bunch of times for quality control.. And they were already Chinese Americans!

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
MARV update: development is still rolling along, with design work nearly completed for the Zombie Hunter add-on parts. Posted below are exploded views, which show the individual pieces and how they attach, along with full-color renders of the final parts attached to a black MARV. The backpack and side-mounted tools are designed as functional accessories for use with most 4" scale figures.

I will have some exclusive MARV development imagery and promo materials available at Joecon next week, and I hope to schedule more shows along the east coast later this year.

front iso exploded.jpgback iso exploded.jpgZombie front iso_promo.jpgZombie back iso_promo.jpg

Reactions: Mistermarks101

Mistermarks101

The Unwashed
Dec 20, 2016
MARV update: development is still rolling along, with design work nearly completed for the Zombie Hunter add-on parts. Posted below are exploded views, which show the individual pieces and how they attach, along with full-color renders of the final parts attached to a black MARV. The backpack and side-mounted tools are designed as functional accessories for use with most 4" scale figures.

I will have some exclusive MARV development imagery and promo materials available at Joecon next week, and I hope to schedule more shows along the east coast later this year.

View attachment 10989View attachment 10990View attachment 10992View attachment 10993
Dude, that is awesome.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That looks fun, but I have to join the rest and say that the .50 cal looks like a howitzer. That single gun seems to be the item that always separates cheap toys from the bbi’s, 21st Century and the Forces of Valor lines.

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
MARV development continues! I received photos of the painted and assembled prototype yesterday. We have a few revisions that need to be made, then the sample will be sent to the US for review by my product designer and myself. Cost and production details are also being finalized now.

3.jpg

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    988.1 KB · Views: 10

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
yeah - have to agree on gun size...unless purposely large to be a toy and not a model?

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The gun wouldn't be an issue back in the day that FOV tanker figures came packed with a .50cal, but finding a proper replacement these days is a bit harder.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
The gun wouldn't be an issue back in the day that FOV tanker figures came packed with a .50cal, but finding a proper replacement these days is a bit harder.

Assuming the mount works out. Of course we could make something work, but being correct from the get go would certainly be nice.

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Appreciate the feedback! I will look into gun changes after I have the prototype in-hand and test it with figures. The large gun size is the main design critique I've heard thus far (which is rather reassuring for the rest of the MARV), so I really want to make sure I get that right for both appearance and function.

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
The MARV prototype has arrived! Posted below are a few highlight photos. More images (over 80 shots!) can be seen on the Wayward Goat Facebook page: MARV Prototype Album

Pricing information should be locked in this week. There are also several revisions to make on the design after reviewing the sample. I'm happy to report that one of those revisions will be a smaller gun size (will be reduced to ~3.5" length to line up with GI Joe and Elite Force accessories).

fullsizeoutput_2601.jpegfullsizeoutput_2600.jpegfullsizeoutput_25a6.jpegfullsizeoutput_25b5.jpegfullsizeoutput_25c3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_25a3.jpeg

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Maybe a spot on the back of the turret for tools or stowage??

Great suggestion! I will definitely explore that for a future offering, perhaps on an alternate turret sculpt or as an add-on "crate" or "bag" piece that can clip onto the existing turret wall.

Mistermarks101

The Unwashed
Dec 20, 2016
I'm in for sure. Definitely got to get one, hopefully two. Depending on pricing of course. I am interested in kits

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Very cool! That turned out better than I thought it would.. once that gun gets swapped out I think you have a winner on your hands.

Can't wait to see it with some detailing paint/wash. It'll really make those lines pop.

Can't wait for more details. Do you have an ETA for in-hand units?

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Revisions to the MARV design were just completed this week. Images of the 3D renders are attached below. The RFBMG was reduced to BMG status, and the interior got a lot of new detail work. Floors, seats, and doors now show a lot of texture.

turret top iso.jpg

floor amend iso.jpgfloor only amend iso.jpgdoor inside iso.jpgdoor inside.jpgseat amend iso.jpgseat amend front.jpgturret side.jpgturret top.jpg

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
That just went from Biglots toy to I can’t wait to paint one. Those factory photos were washed out with no sense of scale.

That's some awesome feedback, especially since my photography skills aren't that great! Something to keep in mind is that the prototype is a fully painted piece, so some smaller details don't stand out well. The final product will be molded in the tan color instead of painted, and sculpt details should appear more crisp as a result.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
If it’s molded in the color, I’d definitely prefer a kit option for painting before assembly. How hard is it to get the tires off and windows for painting?

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
If it’s molded in the color, I’d definitely prefer a kit option for painting before assembly. How hard is it to get the tires off and windows for painting?

As of now the only pieces planned to be permanently attached are the turret windows, which will be glued in place. Body pieces and seats will come assembled, and are held together with screws. Everything else (doors, gun, antennae, windows, mirrors, tires and wheels) will be snap fit pieces. Overall it should be an easy disassembly process.

Regarding disassembled "kit-style" vehicles as well as offering separate pieces (I've been asked about it elsewhere), it's not in the plans right now. Initially the plan is to keep the offerings pretty streamlined thru Kickstarter: Desert Tan MARV base goal, likely 2-4 variant color MARV stretch goals, then move on to the first two add-on kits (Zombie and Apocalypse). All MARV vehicles would share the same load outs, paint highlights (dash and lights), assembly, and packaging style. If this project is successful, I will keep an eye on demand and potentially explore alternate ways to offer the base MARV and/or individual parts.