6x6 MRAP

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave: Hello Fellow Fighters....another update.....

I'm making the armored ring for the wheels and then I will try and cast the wheel and the ring....I like these wheel/tire combo better with the ring.

Stay tuned for more....:wave::salute:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave: Hello Fellow Fighters....been casting away.....

So I think in might use these ones instead of the bigger ones as I fucked up the moulding process on it and I don't have any more moulding rubber, I'm outa funds and the next funds I get goes to Mandingo for something. I did do the rings for the wheels though so I will do them when I get more rubber in the future.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Am I behind 'Dingo in line for project stuff? :D

I just want to say again, you really are ace at this.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Am I behind 'Dingo in line for project stuff? :D

I just want to say again, you really are ace at this.

Nope, he sent me something and I wasn't ready to pay for it yet so the next allowance I get will go to him.
I ordered a diopter in November and it hasn't got to me yet, just for you're project in mind even tho I still need one for ALL small projects.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Hey Digler I'm working on enlarging that tire. What is the size you think will work? I'm guessing about 2.6 inches, outside diameter.

Last edited:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hey Digler I'm working on enlarging that tire. What is the size you think will work? I'm guessing about 2.6 inches, outside diameter.

Just responded to your pm. 7cm is perfect as the PTEIFV tire here is 6.6cm and most MRAP's tires are a little bigger than those as they have ballooned since the older days of military vehicles. The original wheel/tire from the Bruder toy is 7.5cm's which is quite large.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave: Hello Fellow Fighters....here's another update....I cut more front window, the original is bigger. I added armor to the windows , cut out back doors, cleaned up the undercarriage, and added bottom armor. I made ready for the axels and wheels and I plan on having a 'fake' suspension system by having long axel traveling guides where the axels meet the frame....here I'll show ya.....

Under armor...

Window armor...

stay tuned for more....:wave::salute:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
A shame these works of art can't be mass produced...like an artist's proof giclée.

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
This is beautiful! :eek:

I saw the previous sratchbuild too, and want to ask you: how do you glue together different plastic parts/panels under different angles? =)

I just try to figure out how to work with plastic. =)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
This is beautiful! :eek:

I saw the previous sratchbuild too, and want to ask you: how do you glue together different plastic parts/panels under different angles? =)

I just try to figure out how to work with plastic. =)

I've worked with many different materials and wood is the most forgiving material and most wood is cheap. Plastic is the easiest material to work with as it cuts and shapes nicely and retains that shape, but is expensive. As with wood it shrinks and expands so if someone made something really nice and didn't let the wood dry properly or lives in a humid area your nice piece is ruined.

Now to your question, when you cut a specific piece to an angle, make sure you dry fit it first. If it fits well enough then glue with a very fast drying glue,(I use instacure medium viscosity). Use medium not anything under as the glue will stay in place enough for you to hold the piece for at least 5 seconds. DRY FITTING ANGLED PARTS IS #1. This is a skill that takes time so be patient. Dry fitting is the process of fitting parts BEFORE you glue.

I hope this answers you Q. If not be I'll make a couple of pics showing how it's done.